4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2012 3:05 AM by machine2011 RSS

Kill cams the Joke of FPS games.

Never ever believe what you seen in a kill cam, for it is never going to be accurate in what happend when playing online. The kill cam is a replay of what the host was shown by the player that made the kill. It is never been and never will be what the killed player is seeing on their screen. So to ever try and use the kill cam to justify anything that happend in the game is just foolish and stupid in regards to kills by normal means. Now if by chance the cam shows a modded weapon or hack such as a rpg firing 100 times a second that is a little different. But in most normal cases what the cam shows is nothing near what really happened and never can be because of general internet lag and host to player syncronization issues which will always be existant in all online games forerver.

So anyone that watches the kill cam for anything more than trying to learn where the person killed you from is wasting their time. The kill cam is just a joke and used to slow down the respawn process of those that watch them. If you watch them it takes you out of the game for the 3 seconds you watched thus putting your team at a disadvantage for that time period which can be all that is needed for a player on the other team to change the outcome of a game. yes, 3 seconds can be the difference between a cap or plant or defuse which could help seal the win or loss of one team or another.

• Re: Kill cams the Joke of FPS games.

While you are correct regarding kill cams, I disagree on the person watching them wasting their time.  Simply because as I play TDM mainly, I really wish a lot of my random team mates would take the opportunity to watch every kill cam in full.  Those 3 second spent watching the kill cam is 3 seconds I do not have to worry about them giving the enemy team another +100.  It could be the difference of them going 0-10 and 0-20, so I beg all that routinely go negative in TDM, WATCH THOSE KILL CAMS.

starbuckfrack

Call Of Weezy wrote:

While you are correct regarding kill cams, I disagree on the person watching them wasting their time.  Simply because as I play TDM mainly, I really wish a lot of my random team mates would take the opportunity to watch every kill cam in full.  Those 3 second spent watching the kill cam is 3 seconds I do not have to worry about them giving the enemy team another +100.  It could be the difference of them going 0-10 and 0-20, so I beg all that routinely go negative in TDM, WATCH THOSE KILL CAMS.

That part was so funny

But TrialstarDragon is correct . For at least a year and a half we were always told that the killcam or theater is not some kind of forensics tool and it is there for entertainment.

Even before THAT we were told the killcam was not an accurate representation. Even when I first played COD I knew that about the killcam. Even though back then I still thought the killcam was still way-past-cool.

electricfuneralfire

Every time ive ever seen my own kill cam after I kill someone for the last kill or a teamates killcam rigth after I watch them get the last kill in SnD, the killcam was 100%accurate to what I had just seen in live action.

ive always thiought them kill cam was screwed there has been plenty of times ive been ploughing bullets into someone just to die and the killcam shos my standing doing nothing like a idiot. And another thing ive noticed in killcams the lack of recoil or stuff like smoke