45 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2012 10:25 AM by TheJamboX RSS

trophy vs portable

Why is it that you can toss a portable radar but must deploy the trophy system. I feel like it should be the opposite.

I wish I could toss my trophy system onto a flag before I go try to cap it.  I often get flashed, tubed, or naded before i can get it down. Very frustrating. It would be nice to toss it out in front of where I am going so it will stop the projectiles before they reach me

The portable radar is highly effective and IMO should not be so easily hidden. Tossing it onto a box, rooftop, or into a window is just lame. I believe that you should need to set it down like a trophy.

I do hate the portable radar and wish it was not in the game to begin with but that's not going to change. I am just curious what you guys think about this.

brsox
        • Test #1
          Re: trophy vs portable

i love the radar, its the only peice of tactical equipment i use. i gave up using flash grenades, never really cared for the trophy system( takes to long to set up). my setup is, KSG 12, RPG-7, extreme conditioning, blast shield. dead silence, with the PR (portable radar) and C4, and i OWN

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 5:47 PM
          • Test #1

Doesn't Quickdraw pro shave some time off setting up a trophy system?

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 5:51 PM
              • Test #1

barely,, by default the trophy takes 3.5 seconds to deploy, and with quickdraw pro, between about 2.8-3.0 seconds

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 5:54 PM
                  • Test #1

bull. it deploys a lot quicker than that. the OP simply refuses to give up assassin to use it.

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 12:05 PM
                      • Test #1

I always use quickdraw with the trophy system. It is pretty necessary unless you camp with it.

How did assassin come into this discussion? This is just a thought on balance between the trophy and portable radar. The portable radar is MUCH more effective than the trophy and on top of that it is easier and faster to place down and hide.

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 12:18 PM
                  • Test #1

The portable radar is a must have for knifers such as my self makes finding people easier and for flanking purposes.

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 6:37 PM
                    • Test #1

Portable radar is one of my favorites. I put a c4 down with a portable radar on top and pull the trigger when I hear the radar blip.

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 6:41 PM
                      • Test #1

Portable Radar is a joke.  The one's who support it are the ones who use it as a crutch.  Like the heartbeat sensor you shouldn't be able to get kills with things like that.  It's ridiculous.  Takes no skill whatsoever to no where someone is with just throwing down equpiment.  Stupid idea.

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 6:49 PM
                          • Test #1

i only use portable radar when i use my knife only class meaning i only kill people with tac knife/ throwing knife. So if using the portable radar is a crutch i would love to see your game play videos killing people with less. I bring a knife to a gun fight and a portable radar to help find people. If you can't kill the sneaky guy with a knife then your garbage.

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 6:51 PM
                            • Test #1

Yea i agree. Its bad enough they introduced the Heartbeat Sensor in MW2, then updgraded to Motion Sensor in BO, then breed both of those ideas and made a steroid powered Portable Radar.

That piece of equipment is super cheap compared to the earlier variants. Now enemies are not only visible on your radar but it shows everyone on your team enemy positions also. At least in MW2 and BO is was just for singular usage

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 7:47 PM
                              • Test #1

Agreed

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 11:46 AM
                                • Test #1

If it bothers you that much, quit complaining, and rock assassin.

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 5:24 AM
                                • Test #1

Go ahead and cry about portable radars instead of just using assassin.    What else you gonna use for second perk anyways?   Hardline?   Quickdraw?  lol!      I dont use radar but I LOVE the trophy system.   They save my ass and teamates near me multiple times per game just popping it out and laying down real quick as soon as i see a Predator missle incoming.   Or Trophy/Stinger combo is great for taking down Reapers. 

Its funny when they think they got an easy kill and nothing happens.

Last Edited: Apr 11, 2012 8:27 PM
                                  • Test #1

There should be a voice warning - "enemy portable radar active" or something...seeing that it is a mini UAV. 

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 11:54 AM
                                    • Test #1

Um, cause the trophy has legs that have to be opened like J-Lo on springbreak.

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 11:55 AM
                                        • Test #1

haha. yes it has legs but they didnt need to design it that way. It should be tossable just like the portable uav equipment.

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 11:56 AM
                                            • Test #1

Well since the only actual working trophy system Ive seen is the one mounted on a tank, Id say its all just a concept anyway. But my guess is that it would have to be a structure of some size needed to project something of that size to shred incoming missiles.  Not just something you toss arround like a frisbee.

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 12:00 PM
                                                • Test #1

Are you trying to make this into a realism thing? COD is not realistic at all and this is simply a balance thing.

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 12:03 PM
                                                    • Test #1

The trophy system is purely a defense mechanism. It stops predator missiles , shots from AC1030s, reapers, grenades. I have 7 kills with it since launch. It is the best thing to use IMO. So I dont feel it needs any balancing. But other than this, what weapon in the game is not one in real life? This isnt Ghost recon.  Im not gonna argue that the manner in which some the weapons perform may be unrealistic, but theyre real at least.

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 12:11 PM
                                              • Test #1

I've used all kinds of equipment and yes the portable radar is very effective. However it's only effective if the player alive can actually stay alive otherwise it's not much help to your teammates. I laugh at all of you lot moaning about the portable radar but the trophy system - Predator Missile incoming and then.. BOO.... wait, what?!

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 12:56 PM
                                                • Test #1

i love the portable radar it helps defending flaggs, but i cnat decide which i like more trophy is amazing but the PR is like your best friend always got your back .

that was bit lame werent it

Last Edited: Apr 12, 2012 4:54 PM
                                                  • Test #1

Portable Radar all the way whether it's you using it or your team. Trophy Systems are crap in my opinion, they take too long to deploy and you need em in a good spot for them to be effective

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 1:50 AM
                                                      • Test #1

trophy system dosen't take to long mabey 2 or 3 seconds to setup ,

on hardhat flag B domantion when my team wont move from the dam spawn it saves thier lives and helps defend it. yeah im a objective player

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 5:10 AM
                                                      • Test #1

depends on a lots thing but the easiest way to work is how you play. if you camp most of the game trophy will be better if you rush most of the game the radar would be better

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 8:58 AM
                                                          • Test #1

Portable rader is the ultimate campers equipment. Set it and forget it, I like to say. The trophy will get destroyed in a short amount of time while you can hide your radar almost anywhere.

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 9:18 AM
                                                              • Test #1

not really if your any good at camping, it will get to point were the other team will try using nades or flashes to get you out the trophy system helps in that way. plus with quick draw it thats forever to deploy, if your trying to rush and use it you lose vitail seconds everytime you use it, at least with the radar you van throw in the general area you're running to thus not losing any time on deployment

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 10:10 AM
                                                            • Test #1

It doesn't really make physical sense to toss a trophy. It works by shooting at the projectile and neutralising it, and it probably needs to be stood up the right was to do it.

I wouldn't be opposed to hindering the placement of portable radar. The way people just chuck them all over the place is ridiculous. IMO add a second onto the throw time (when your weapon is still down), and make it have a loud noise when it hits the ground.

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 9:41 AM
                                                              • Test #1

Can you still get Sitrep Pro by destroying your own Trophy System?

Last Edited: Apr 13, 2012 10:25 AM