10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 11:26 AM by WKMMS RSS

what is the best sniper rifle in mw3?

i personaly say the barrett .50, and second would be the msr

Latest reply: on Apr 24, 2012 11:26 AM by Replies: 10 in CoD: MW3 Xbox 360
        • Test #1
          Re: what is the best sniper rifle in mw3?

Barrett trades 10% movement speed for being semi auto and having a slightly bigger magazine. MSR and L118 are best for mobile sniping and quickscoping, while Barrett makes more sense for traditional sniping.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:28 AM
            • Test #1

I agree but I think you are overlooking the AS50 a bit IMO.....Better movement with awesome stopping power.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:30 AM
                • Test #1

AS50 is a slow (80%) sniper, which is the same as Barrett, if I remember correctly. It has less zoom, which makes it more practical for some maps. Same OSK areas, smaller magazine, and I think it might have less recoil to balance it.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:36 AM
                • Test #1

well, im the kind of guy who like to find a good hide, and pick off the other team. but thats just the way the corps trained me.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:30 AM
                    • Test #1

I would say either the Barrett, RSASS, or AS50 then. None of them are necessarily bad (only bad sniper is the SVD); it depends all on personal preference.

Barrett like I said has good OSK's, manageable recoil, full zoom.

RSASS has worse OSKs, but a huge magazine, almost zero recoil, and is great for spraying/taking down multiple targets.

AS50 has the good OSK areas, a slightly smaller mag, manageable recoil, and less zoom.

All 80% movement.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:39 AM
                        • Test #1

I have to agree that the smaller mag is the BIG weakness with the AS50 now that I think about a few games I had while using the barrett yesterday. It was nice to have those extra rounds without extended mag. Either way, your "perch" and aim is what really matters in the end.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:42 AM
                    • Test #1

Too me it's between the MSR and the AS50

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:40 AM
                        • Test #1

I had a terrible time with the AS50... just kept getting so many hit markers.  Could have just been some connection issues at the time I was levelling it, but I've been put off going back to it.  That being said, I did come across some guy yesterday who was absolutely owning with that thing, an ACOG and stalker, even at long range.  My hat was off to him

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 11:26 AM
                        • Test #1

If you want to pick off some guys from concealment I find the RSASS with a silencer to be very effective.  The lack of recoil means that you can take out multiple targets in quick succession surprisingly easily, whereas with the Barrett things can be a little more tricky when trying to control the recoil if you don't have kick.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2012 10:40 AM