1 2 3 4 Previous Next 124 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 1:35 AM by robbierocket Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Matchmaking System.
        ghamorra

Why they would cut out on the quality of game play is beyond me. I don't care about all the bells and whistles if the damn thing won't play right. Also it's a well known issues since Black Ops. You can't tell me that nobody has heard the compaints that dominate the boards, news feeds, and walls of every Call of Duty social place that's out there

• 11. Re: Matchmaking System.
          esmorgue

ghamorra wrote:

Why they would cut out on the quality of game play is beyond me. I don't care about all the bells and whistles if the damn thing won't play right. Also it's a well known issues since Black Ops. You can't tell me that nobody has heard the compaints that dominate the boards, news feeds, and walls of every Call of Duty social place that's out there

Because only children and nO_oBs who have no clue how well CoD played from CoD4 until Black Ops was released. When CoD4, W@W, MW2 were in their primes, the connection to one another was not perfect but no where near what the crap they induced in Black Ops and MW2. MW2 by far IMO had the best connectivity/synchronization/timing/ whatever you want to call it. By far! They made serious progression in that department...as needed when you gain more people playing online. You meet the demand.

• 12. Re: Matchmaking System.
            ghamorra

It's so sad, I can't begin to tell you how much fun I find this game when everything works properly

• 13. Re: Matchmaking System.
              avengedyesterday

esmorgue wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

Because only children and nO_oBs who have no clue how well CoD played from CoD4 until Black Ops was released. When CoD4, W@W, MW2 were in their primes, the connection to one another was not perfect but no where near what the crap they induced in Black Ops and MW2. MW2 by far IMO had the best connectivity/synchronization/timing/ whatever you want to call it. By far! They made serious progression in that department...as needed when you gain more people playing online. You meet the demand.

For sure. I like going on youtube and looking at some of these "amazing" gun streaks with tripple moabs and it's pretty obvious someone is getting the friendly side of lag come. When you hit someone with 1-2 bullets and they instantly die, it's not from skill.

No one ever complains when they are doing unusually well, it's just because they are beasting.....

Then of course we all know what it's like when you unload a clip on someone and they turn around and one shot you, or you take cover and they still kill you. 

This crap should have already been delt with, there was no reason it should have been in MW3 causing even more problems than it did in blackops. Atleast in blackops with the damage model they used even if you were lagging a bit, it wasn't game over. Since IW made the genius move to just go ahead and add stopping power into every weapon, if you lagged even a hair you may as well just turn the game off.

• 14. Re: Matchmaking System.
                ghamorra

I'd much rather go up against one person who has an advantage whilst everyone else is running normal then to go up against 6 Gods with my nerf gun

• 15. Re: Matchmaking System.
                  esmorgue

ghamorra wrote:

It's so sad, I can't begin to tell you how much fun I find this game when everything works properly

When I get a match where the game seems to at least run as well as CoD4 or W@W used to in their primes, I really like the game. My focus every year is for the improvement to be continued in the matchmaking and net coding and connectivity. That should be the "hotbed' for testing every year.  Both Black Ops and MW3 would have been excellent games if they both ran as well as MW2 did.

• 16. Re: Matchmaking System.
                    esmorgue

avengedyesterday wrote:

esmorgue wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

For sure. I like going on youtube and looking at some of these "amazing" gun streaks with tripple moabs and it's pretty obvious someone is getting the friendly side of lag come. When you hit someone with 1-2 bullets and they instantly die, it's not from skill.

No one ever complains when they are doing unusually well, it's just because they are beasting.....

Then of course we all know what it's like when you unload a clip on someone and they turn around and one shot you, or you take cover and they still kill you. 

This crap should have already been delt with, there was no reason it should have been in MW3 causing even more problems than it did in blackops. Atleast in blackops with the damage model they used even if you were lagging a bit, it wasn't game over. Since IW made the genius move to just go ahead and add stopping power into every weapon, if you lagged even a hair you may as well just turn the game off.

It just shows how truly incapable they are maintaining a company and game they basically inherited by default. They were handed a cash cow. That they milked to the highest degree. They can only ifx geo exploits and maybe some weapons tuning. All other aspects that matter for a respectable online experience, that are COMPLETELY incompetent to.

• 17. Re: Matchmaking System.
                      esmorgue

ghamorra wrote:

I'd much rather go up against one person who has an advantage whilst everyone else is running normal then to go up against 6 Gods with my nerf gun

See my thing with the over exagerated point " host advantage" (not saying you are saying that) is that it was based of connection. Which i mean, I feel it went off how fast you connected to the host when all connected at countdown when you hit the map. Now with MW3, you have so many different way to connect. Everyone 1, sometimes 1-2 and so on. Everyone should load in at the rate their connection allows. That is the only true way to deal with the problem IMO.

• 18. Re: Matchmaking System.
                        ghamorra

But that would means that those with poor connections and won't hae the advantage of those who actually pay good money for their internet

• 19. Re: Matchmaking System.
                          esmorgue

It would still go off ping. MW2 had it right. My cousin lived 5-10 min drive from me and he had some crap AT&T internet, I had the ISP I have now but on a 8Mb dwn 4-500 kbps up connection. I constantly made it into 50ms 60ms 70ms tops. Never had yellow bars, yet he was always in a 100 and above. Yellow barred lobbies whether he joined me or I jumped into his. It was unbearable to be in those lobbies. When he switched to the ISP I have, it all changed and he used to curse himself for not switching way before. We would be able to join in the same lobby without join

ghamorra wrote:

But that would means that those with poor connections and won't hae the advantage of those who actually pay good money for their internet

1 2 3 4 Previous Next