1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 124 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 1:35 AM by robbierocket Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Matchmaking System.
        esmorgue

bump

• 21. Re: Matchmaking System.

esmorgue what your saying is the absolute truth.The online experience in the last 2 games is total disgrace.

This has to be top of their list and it wont matter how good bops to is.

• 22. Re: Matchmaking System.
            esmorgue

bewleyberry wrote:

esmorgue what your saying is the absolute truth.The online experience in the last 2 games is total disgrace.

This has to be top of their list and it wont matter how good bops to is.

Thank You. Another gamer with some sense. Just because you are able to connect a game online shouldn't be "good" enough.  There is no just reason for the last 2 games to run/perform/function worse than CoD4, W@W, MW2....Period. Its seems now they just throw everyone out there and say"Here you go, don't forget to buy the DLC!" Some seem to be immune to the fact that they are getting played.

• 23. Re: Matchmaking System.

No problem.It makes me angry why people except second best when it comes to this issue.

Maybe its lack of knowledge or they think its the norm but i am close to despair at this stage.

• 24. Re: Matchmaking System.
                esmorgue

bewleyberry wrote:

No problem.It makes me angry why people except second best when it comes to this issue.

Maybe its lack of knowledge or they think its the norm but i am close to despair at this stage.

As am I my kind Sir, as am I. I have CoD4=lower playerbase, W@W=low playerbase, MW2=low player base, Black Ops=mid-range playerbase/adequate numbers, <---MW3= the same, which is ridiculous!

The last 2 run NO where near as good as the first three when they were at their point in "life" at this time. It is unacceptable that they continue to not improve what MW2 had "nailed" down.

I fear that Black Ops 2 will build on the MW3 engine. Also, not improve on the netcode and matchmaking system.

• 25. Re: Matchmaking System.

Can't see anything changing tbh honest m8.The fact they won't acknowledge it fully tells us all we need to know.Expect more of the same and all the puppets to cry wolf on release day /:

• 26. Re: Matchmaking System.

Agreed, WaW had so many great mechanics like this. Bring them back, it really isn't that hard.

• 27. Re: Matchmaking System.
                      ghamorra

esmorgue wrote:

It would still go off ping. MW2 had it right. My cousin lived 5-10 min drive from me and he had some crap AT&T internet, I had the ISP I have now but on a 8Mb dwn 4-500 kbps up connection. I constantly made it into 50ms 60ms 70ms tops. Never had yellow bars, yet he was always in a 100 and above. Yellow barred lobbies whether he joined me or I jumped into his. It was unbearable to be in those lobbies. When he switched to the ISP I have, it all changed and he used to curse himself for not switching way before. We would be able to join in the same lobby without join

This might sound a little harsh, but there should be some seriously strict rules for playing this game online. If your connection doesn't meet certain criteria you can't play. When MW2 came out there was a time where I didn't have internet. My parents didn't think we needed it and was wasting money. I found a connection that was not password protected. The people named this connection after their last name so I knew who it was. These people lived 3 house down and behind me. It was just strong enough to pick up. When trying to connect to a MW2 lobby it would constantly kick me and say something about my interent connection not being strong enough for online play.

I don't know if you remember this or not, but for a while there people where dumbing their connection so they wouldn't get pick as host. Since the host now got a disadvantage instead of an advantage. They soon found out that lobbies throttle their connection to the least common denominator. This meant that some how some way the person with the slowest net ended up being the better connected player. I wanted to try this out but was feeling like playing with my interent. So I connected to the same people's wireless connection that I did in MW2. To my surprise it was still unprotected and I was even able to play a few games. Once I'm pretty sure I got host with it. I was jumping all over the place on killcams and even parts of the map weren't loading right. They were blue and green digital walls. It was like playing on LSD.

Point is, MW3 is trying to make nice with everyone. Even if that person has terrible internet

• 28. Re: Matchmaking System.
                        esmorgue

This is true. These picking the lowest connection have to be the lobbies where everyone has 3 bars.

• 29. Re: Matchmaking System.
                          esmorgue

The fact that somehow with me living in middle America and playing against UK/Asian players shows that the Matchmaking System needs to be adjusted to a more localized search. When there are kindred in a game mode reaching over 10,000+ I shouldn't have to play with people that live across a ocean.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next