13 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 5:41 AM by ShankDaddyMack RSS

Modded controller

I was just in a game where a guy was consistently empying RSASS mags in .7 seconds to 1 second. Would this be a modded controller?

• Re: Modded controller

Possably, but the best way to tell is if their fire rate is 100% consistant.  Theres no real way to tell though.

starbuckfrack

MoNsTeR_zAcH wrote:

I was just in a game where a guy was consistently empying RSASS mags in .7 seconds to 1 second. Would this be a modded controller?

Could also be a RAPID FIRe (not modded) controller. Eitehr way though Activision will not let them use one.

Miccrosoft will allow CERTAIN rapid fire ones online (like two or three) but Activision and all third party developers can extend that beyond Microsofts policy.

Not denying what you say but one or two kills could be the internet changing the perception of fire rates every once in a while. but playing the whole game with rapid fire is proof its the controller.

One game I played for about two or three kills it seemed like a rapid fire controller to anyone watching me but it was lucky panic fire

So how does Activision prevent people from using them? Is it bannable if it is obvious someone has one? I've never used one myself but remember everyone using the G3 in CoD 4 with mod controllers and it sucked.

starbuckfrack

Cold_Roses wrote:

So how does Activision prevent people from using them? Is it bannable if it is obvious someone has one? I've never used one myself but remember everyone using the G3 in CoD 4 with mod controllers and it sucked.

Yes Activision will definitely ban them for using ANY kind of rapid fire controller.

In Microsofts own game Microsoft will not ban you for using the few approved ones out there.

Hard thing is though a PET member will very likely have to catch them in the act after many reports come in. But at least with Activision they do have theater mode and can see game histories very easily.

Lets say ten different people report a guy in MW3 for cheating. IW can see that particular game attached to the report and then they take further action if they see its a rapid fire.

As per section 14 in the MS Terms they (Microsoft) can and will detect any hardware attached to the Xbox for use on Xbox Live. Now if a modded controller was opened and fr example a new spring was installed to help mod the controller that may be know way for MS to detect that. BUT Ms can detect what type of controller is being used to play in the game as simple as Windows would detect the type of hardware attached to your USB. Some people will deny that exists but being an Xbox Game programmer I can tell you there are secrets even WE dont know about MS and their ways of detection. And we will never know because the public will never have access to the MS PET members except thru the ban forum. They dont even let us email them or phone them in the PET department.

sorry if I went off on a tangent and please forgive the typos.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IING. I never got banned for using one. Apart from that they suck. RSASS with rapid just jump a bit too much and Barrett LOL. Rapid is good for MK14 if it didnt have capped fire rate to an extent. And get this the MK14 has capped fire rate but not snipers

belgarion123

The system can tell the rate of fire and a rapid fire is specifically timed, so if it's too evenly spaced consistantly they will know. Just report for cheating and IF they ever accually look at the video they will ban them. It's in the tems of service about using these controllers especially in clan ops.

It was consistent the whole gamr

starbuckfrack

MoNsTeR_zAcH wrote:

It was consistent the whole gamr

I saw a video on youtube with a sniper rifle that fired 4 shots in half a second. Dumb guy had his GT in the video.

Report him on Xbox for cheating as well as the other "modifying Xbox Live or a game". I forgot which the second on was

Then report him in game for cheating OR send a forum PM to "BanCandy" and place the game in your share folder. She very likely is backed up so give it some time. Just send a polite message header saying "positive on modded controller" or something like that and give her the details. Be VERY polite and thank her greatly for her time.

The more TRUE reports you send to her AND on Xbox Live will get your voice heard a lot sooner.

PS nothing may happen with either of them due to they are so swamped but only send ONE report. and maybe a months later send Bancandy a message asking what the results were.

Ok. Good to know that these controllers are not ok. I've seen a few using the Mk 14 with a mod controller. Will remember to save the video next time. Don't understand why they don't just use the ACR if they wanted an automatic rifle...

Point is, who cares? The top 3 guns in this game are the MP7, ACR, and Type 95.. and guess what? Modded controllers don't influence any of them. People who buy modded controllers waste their money because they still get outgunned by the top 3 guns anyways.

People just like to cry when they die and blame it on hacks, mods, or anything else they can think of.

adw1983

Can someone provide me with ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of people getting banned from using rapid-fire controllers made by or licenced by microsoft, or modded controllers, in any game on the xbox 360?

ANY GAME, ANY TIME.

I'm just amazed that some people believe activision has banned people from using rapid-fire controllers.
                              Evidence?

I have not heard developers or publishers even talk about the issue.

If you watch the IW enforcers vid I think there are 3 examples of ppl using rapid fire controllers and they were banned.

go in my vault man...its titled (chubbys modded controller)...its the rsass with the same thing the original poster is complaining of...they do need to ban anyone using a rapid fire controller , whether or not anyone believes its perfectly fine it is an unfair advantage. no more trigger pulls? just hold it and let it do ur work? and a capped fire rate is ur argument? no offense but thats exactly whats wrong with this game , ANY TYPE OF ADVANTAGE THAT U CAN BUY OR DO YOURSELF IS CHEATING. PERIOD.