12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2011 7:50 PM by derivativekick RSS

Band Hero DS awards

rjbr2000

Band Hero DS is one of the most amazing games I've ever played. Almost every instrument in your pocket! I got so into it that I actually bothered collecting the awards. Now I got 199 awards and I only need 1 more awards to go 200, and that involves multiplayer. See, I only know 1 person who has Band Hero so I can't get the "play as 3/4 player" type of awards.

Anyone got this game? How many awards have you got?

Also, there are some "outlines" in some of the pages? Are those secrets or something?

• Re: Band Hero DS awards
          polar568

if that game has wi fi that could work

The game only has Local wireless. Which is the main reason why I've not got most of the Multiplier achievements.

All the outlined Achievements are hidden. They will unlock when you either complete it, or get some of the way though it. Most of the ones I've unlocked so far are harder version of the another achievement. One is like play 250 songs, which is hidden until you get play 100 songs. Each Instrument, except vocals, has get a streak of 500 hidden on it.

rjbr2000

So far I've got 202 awards. I've put a link that shows the award pages. I've completed Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Stars, Tunes and Cash award pages. I'm missing some awards in the Edit Rockstar and Social award pages. Having said that, there are some outlines of awards in some of the pages I've already completed. I won't be able to complete the awards on this game since I don't have Band Hero for the Wii and I don't see myself getting it (I play on 360).

[url:22uszluq]http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp326/rjbr2000/Band%20Hero%20DS%20awards/[/ur l:22uszluq]

rjbr2K wrote:

So far I've got 202 awards. I've put a link that shows the award pages. I've completed Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Stars, Tunes and Cash award pages. I'm missing some awards in the Edit Rockstar and Social award pages. Having said that, there are some outlines of awards in some of the pages I've already completed. I won't be able to complete the awards on this game since I don't have Band Hero for the Wii and I don't see myself getting it (I play on 360).

[url:2185lur5]http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp326/rjbr2000/Band%20Hero%20DS%20awards/[/ur l:2185lur5]

The ones for this series is all to with connecting with a Wii: http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp32 ... C01484.jpg

If you can find someone who does own a copy of the Wii Band Hero, you can get the Groupie count added to your DS. I happen to own two copies of Band Hero DS.. The most of those are now Green. You unlock "FemBot" costume parts. The penultimate Achievement in "Edit Rockstar" requires the "FebBot."

Indecently, Groupies will also unlock stuff in the Wii game.

rjbr2000

BigNutter wrote:

If you can find someone who does own a copy of the Wii Band Hero, you can get the Groupie count added to your DS. I happen to own two copies of Band Hero DS.. The most of those are now Green. You unlock "FemBot" costume parts. The penultimate Achievement in "Edit Rockstar" requires the "FebBot."

Alright. Thanks for the info! I might pick up Band Hero for Wii if I can for the sake of getting the awards.

So the Wii connectivity will unlock the awards hidden on some of the pages?

rjbr2K wrote:

BigNutter wrote:

Alright. Thanks for the info! I might pick up Band Hero for Wii if I can for the sake of getting the awards.

Yes, the Wii connectivity will unlock several of the awards, which then allows you to unlock at least a few others.

If you and your friend can speedily compete the Fan requests, if you share the console, as the request count is updated to match the Wii's. The Only problem is that you've got to play alot of Band Hero Wii to unlock the requests. I've unlocked 48 out of 50 so far.

rjbr2000

BigNutter wrote:

rjbr2K wrote:

BigNutter wrote:

Yes, the Wii connectivity will unlock several of the awards, which then allows you to unlock at least a few others.

If you and your friend can speedily compete the Fan requests, if you share the console, as the request count is updated to match the Wii's. The Only problem is that you've got to play alot of Band Hero Wii to unlock the requests. I've unlocked 48 out of 50 so far.

Is the Career mode on the Wii involved in the unlocking process? Also, just want to know other things that can be done with the Wii-DS connectivity thing?

rjbr2K wrote:

Is the Career mode on the Wii involved in the unlocking process? Also, just want to know other things that can be done with the Wii-DS connectivity thing?

I think it is.. I'm not sure what triggers the unlocking yet. But you get a alert when you do, it's like 360's alerts but BH style.

thisdinner

Does anyone know how to unlock the 'Broken String' award? I just can't seem to pull it off.

thisdinner wrote:

Does anyone know how to unlock the 'Broken String' award? I just can't seem to pull it off.

Pick a song that you can FC on Bass. Just don't press Green for the entire song, which you've got to complete. You need to be able to FC the rest to keep the rock meter up. Prepare to fire Star Power any time.

I did it on Easy, which could help as there are less notes.

derivativekick

I'm at 153.0%, and I'm going crazy trying to figure out the final awards!  Has anybody uncovered any more since the last reply?  rjbr2K has pictures of each section, and I've figured out a few that he hasn't done.  Under Edit Rockstar, there is a hidden award located on the black guy's face.  It's called "Buff", and you get it by playing a song without any clothes on a character.  On the Star awards, there are two on the very bottom.  The one on the left is obtained by getting gold stars on every song on any difficulty.  I did that by putting my DS next to a fan with the vocals on beginner.  I thought that the one on the right might be for getting gold stars on every song on expert, but I've done that (yeah, I know I'm crazy), and it didn't unlock anything.  I'm going to get Band Hero for the Wii to do Fan Requests, but there is still that hidden award on the singer's face under the Social awards.  Does anybody know what this award is?  Also, on Global awards, there is an award on the picture of Earth that is hidden.  Has anyone out there ever unlocked this?  I've bought four copies of the game and I'm borrowing some friends' DS systems, but I have to return them soon, so I'd love to unlock the hidden Social award.

If nobody has ever unlocked these, does anybody know how to get in touch with some of the game's creators or something?!

derivativekick

Well, I found out another award.  The award on the very bottom right corner of the 'Star' category is called Gold Leaf, and its requirement is "Gold-star all songs, all difficulties."  The Reward is the title Horde, and $5000.  Now I'm up to 181.4%, but I still cannot figure out the hidden awards on Global or Social.  Anybody out there know how to do them?