6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2010 6:50 PM by nunovanhalen023 RSS

Guitar Hero: Rock with the Experts ?

shootarz

Hi, it would be awesome to see if Guitar Hero team made a GH game like "Guitar Hero: Rock with the Experts."

It would include some playable characters such as Joe Satriani, Buckethead, and so on.

The songs would be harder than in other games, for some challange. For example, the first gig songs by Motörhead...

I'd love to see the following bands/artist in that game: Pantera, Judas Priest, Dragonforce, Metallica, Van Halen, Atreyu, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Guns n' Roses, Buckethead, Steve Vai... Like songs that contain lots of guitar, that's what Guitar Hero is all about.

The final song in the credits: Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

That would finish that game so perfectly.

I don't know what do you think about, but that would be some nice surprise from Activision! 

• Re: Guitar Hero: Rock with the Experts ?

Personally, for a DS game, which the Guitar Hero Portable Forum is about, going for a DS game full of Upper Tiers tracks is not a good idea.

The DS games lean towards the the Lower tiers. Also there is a limit of space for a DS. Band Hero DS uses a large memory card for a DS game. I'm surprised that they fit 30 songs in that space, and the Audio suffered a bit. (or 150 Tracks)

You mentioned 14 Artists. That's one Song each and you've half filled the DS, assuming that's roughly 3 minutes each. The way you've wrote it, everyone has a few songs each.. I don't think it's possible, even if you just use the band named.

It sounds like a Fan's ideal game.. But I'm not even sure if the lawyers can get all that working together.

One Final thing, it's going to get trashed in the reviews. Half of them hate the DS'es grip, and being harder tracks will not please them. Others will not like the removal of Band Hero's Drum and Mic.

walkthisway98

it's a pretty good idea BUT they shouldnt put stairway because it would take to long to play. They should put Dazed and Confused because of its solos. and don't forget to put a little Aerosmith in the game

steelfire81

I doubt they'd make something like this for a portable game, where the number of fret buttons is diminished.  I also doubt we'll be seeing any spinoff games after the failure of GH:VH.

bilbobx1

shootarz wrote:

Hi, it would be awesome to see if Guitar Hero team made a GH game like "Guitar Hero: Rock with the Experts."

It would include some playable characters such as Joe Satriani, Buckethead, and so on.

The songs would be harder than in other games, for some challange. For example, the first gig songs by Motörhead...

I'd love to see the following bands/artist in that game: Pantera, Judas Priest, Dragonforce, Metallica, Van Halen, Atreyu, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Guns n' Roses, Buckethead, Steve Vai... Like songs that contain lots of guitar, that's what Guitar Hero is all about.

The final song in the credits: Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

That would finish that game so perfectly.

I don't know what do you think about, but that would be some nice surprise from Activision! 

it wud be epic but

-the majority of ppl have a dsi/dsiXL now

-there is no orange button which makes it easier for the n00b's

-the ds has little/no memory

-there isnt half as big of a audience(the majority either have a XBOX/PS3/WII)

bilbobx1 wrote:

it wud be epic but

-the majority of ppl have a dsi/dsiXL now

-there is no orange button which makes it easier for the n00b's

-the ds has little/no memory

-there isnt half as big of a audience(the majority either have a XBOX/PS3/WII)

I can back up almost all of the points.

DSi/DSiXL - For Band Hero DS, I read some reviews that the Reviewer had to Borrow a DSlite, as they had a DSi. At a Recent Pokémon Gathering in the Uk, I spotted several DSi and a XL (Which was just out). This grouping would lean to owning a DS or DSlite which quie ea lot had, Many had a DS"fatty" for a secondary DS like me.

The largest ROM I found of the DS games was a Gigabit, or 256 Megabytes. That is not much to fit a lot of songs in. The games were Band Hero and Lego RockBand.

To make it worse not all stores will stock it if they or their supplier thinks they will not make money, in a crowed market. I had to search Several Stores to even get a copy of Band Hero DS, It took me several Weeks to find one. All of the stores had the Disk version of the game for all the other consoles until they sold out. Most of them had at least 1 band set, and the other GH Hardware bundles.

nunovanhalen023

1) This is in the wrong forum. Get out.

2) Led Zeppelin is never coming to GH. Sorry. Activision has tried and failed. So has Harmonix.