24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2014 5:13 PM by UR_DEAD_MAN55 RSS

Who are the real guitar hero pros?

igame4money

There's a site out there promoting it's Guitar Hero professionals.  They've got Prod1gyX and Starslay3r playing in some jackpot tournaments.  I saw Prod1gyX get beat up by Tehtrueog last night and I'm just wondering...I know Prod1gyX made it into the Guiness Book of World Records and all and Starslay3r is hot, but are they really the best around?  I can't beat 'em but Galaxy4Gamers is looking to pay out some serious money if anyone can take them down.  Anyone out there on level with these guys (and gal)??

• Re: Who are the real guitar hero pros?
          evilpacman18

I've never even heard of your guys. Check scorehero.com the people that are at the top of the leaderboards are the people you wanna look at.

Romanticide

Starslay3r is good, likely a lot better than I am, but also very marketable. Given the choice between a great player who happens to be a hot girl and a great player who happens to be the stereotypical "neckbeard", the hot girl is the one that most people - especially guys - will want to watch. In short, sex sells. It's not her fault, though, so I applaud her (Ecstasy too) on riding the gravy train.

I'm surprised Bill Simmons hasn't coined "Professional Gamer Hot" yet. Might have to e-mail him that one. I dunno.

And yes, many of the SHers at the top of the leaderboards for any of the main games could probably beat these people. It's just that very few people have the kinds of opportunities that Starslay3r and the like do.

saiyanshredder

I wonder what it would take for one of us to qualify in one of those runnings. Maybe we could roll a vote around on who's the best guitarist, bassist, singer and drummer on this site.

Ramaxis

Why are the expert + drummers allways ignored in those tournaments.

saiyanshredder

Ramaxis wrote:

Because anyone who's played Guitar Hero long enough knows that expert+ is really glitchy, and I mean REALLY glitchy.

evilpacman18

Ramaxis wrote:

Because it's guitar hero. People are always gonna pay more attention to guitar players.

Ba1r0g

I have actually met up with StarSlayer at the last two PAX's. She's a really cool chick and I managed to luck out and have a friend who was already friends with her so it wasn't awkward introducing myself. In PAX 08 she beat me in GHWT on assassin (this was a week or two before it came out so it was basically my sight read) but in PAX 09 I was the only person to beat her all weekend

Sup3rtimmaaaaay

i still think Guitar Hero championships actually mean nothing... its pretty much about who's the best player that qualified...

i mean, if i happened to be better than these champions it still wouldnt matter cause i probably wouldnt ge the oppurtunity to challenge them... if you know what i mean

foreverBK

I am the real Guitar Hero Pro, and drum pro for that matter.  Muahahahah......

Sup3rtimmaaaaay

I challenge thee!!

now, if only you were on Wii...

lordmcbain

Depends what you mean by pro. I play about an hour a day and I"m comfortable with the difficult parts as much as I am with the standard stuff, but I don't string it together perfect.

I think anyone practices enough they can beat anyone, at the end of the day when you can both FC it comes down to timing which is anybody's game.

IvanElMexicano

saiyanshredder wrote:

I wonder what it would take for one of us to qualify in one of those runnings. Maybe we could roll a vote around on who's the best guitarist, bassist, singer and drummer on this site.

im a one man band, i can play everything on expert (+) and beat almost all songs in all instruments lol im the best

theguitarheroin4

Ok well, Um, ive played since day one, beaten 13/14 GH Brand Games (Gh, GH2, GH Encore, GH 3, GH Aerosmith, GH World Tour, GH On Tour, On Tour : Hits, and Modern Hits, GH Smash Hits, GH Metallica, and Band Hero on Expert) Ive beaten maaaaany ppl, cannot find anyone in real life that can beat me. Thats why i came here, to GH Community. Ive been watching starslay3r....Beleive it or not, i just heard of her. Played since day one, and just heard of her...anyway, im not trying to be cocky or anything but if your looking for ppl that might one day be starslay3r shredding material... Hopefully your talking to her, Mandy THE (someday, hopefully) True Guitar Heroine.... I play like 40+ Hrs a week, i even started my own You Tube recently... (username: theguitarheroine4444) Check it!! XD All in all what im saying is.... BrInG It STARSLAY3R!!! And anyone else who has a PS3... (PSN ID: ilovemylukey4444) So what do you say, support me as the next (hopefully) Guitar Heroine... ?? ^_^'

thisdinner

StarSlaye3r is not hot at all.

theguitarheroin4

I dont care anything about her looks, i can care less about that. Im not hot either, but, im wondering if i could actually one day be better than her... i have a good feeling i will

gamephr33k

Ive seen prodigy play and he seems more like a drummer than a guitarist. Either way I am positive I can beat him. As of star, Im pretty sure I would win that battle as well. I know it sounds like Im talking a lot of **** but for proof you can check out my youtube. www.youtube.com/user/gamephr33k13

thisdinner

gamephr33k wrote:

Ive seen prodigy play and he seems more like a drummer than a guitarist. Either way I am positive I can beat him. As of star, Im pretty sure I would win that battle as well. I know it sounds like Im talking a lot of **** but for proof you can check out my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/gamephr33k13

Dude, no **** you would. :P

ahawk13

I'm good, but I'll never be among the best I don't try hard enough and I don't feel like making GH my life like those guys.

saiyanshredder

Has anyone played Guitar Hero online (with chat) and met a trash talker, only to kick their ass consecutively? I have GH on Wii, so I don't have the chance to witness a moment so beautiful as to see some little **** dumbstruck at some class-A pwnage.

Also, yes I know no one plays GH songs WHILE chat is on... but that might have to happen for this situation to go down. It would be worth it in my opinion.

duramiges

saiyanshredder wrote:

Has anyone played Guitar Hero online (with chat) and met a trash talker, only to kick their **** consecutively? I have GH on Wii, so I don't have the chance to witness a moment so beautiful as to see some little **** dumbstruck at some class-A pwnage.

Also, yes I know no one plays GH songs WHILE chat is on... but that might have to happen for this situation to go down. It would be worth it in my opinion.

Yeah, this has happened to me in more than one situation.  One time, this dude was so arrogant and all before the game started saying he was going to annihilate me.  I never use my headset so I didn't respond.  He then chooses TTFAF and then as soon as he saw me FC the intro, he quits.  That was just hilarious...

ahawk13

saiyanshredder wrote:

Has anyone played Guitar Hero online (with chat) and met a trash talker, only to kick their **** consecutively? I have GH on Wii, so I don't have the chance to witness a moment so beautiful as to see some little **** dumbstruck at some class-A pwnage.

Yes I have had the pleasure of kicking the *** of some people who talk big and play terrible and not just in GH I don't chat back though in GH. I don't see the point of using a mic in GH except for playing vox.

ahawk13

duramiges wrote:

Yeah, this has happened to me in more than one situation.  One time, this dude was so arrogant and all before the game started saying he was going to annihilate me.  I never use my headset so I didn't respond.  He then chooses TTFAF and then as soon as he saw me FC the intro, he quits.  That was just hilarious...

I still can't FC that damn TTFAF intro I do great the rest of the song, but I don't play that song much because I don't really like it . But I had a similar instance back before I got GHWT don't remember how many years that is I didn't get WT until a bit before GHM came out, I played someone in Raining Blood and when I FCed it up to the outro solo they quit that's not as GTFO noob as yours but I still think it's funny when someone quits I don't even quit when I'm losing (which is usually only when I play against someone that's on a lower difficulty). I like it when someone plays on a lower difficulty and loses though  .

IvanElMexicano

thisdinner wrote:

StarSlaye3r is not hot at all.

yes i agree