9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2011 10:54 AM by mbodude39 RSS

TTFAF

slide

how do i beat through the fire and flames? any tips?

thank you!

• Re: TTFAF
          Cheese4892

A few tips from players won't make you better at this song. It's all practice, but where i started was 'Guitarherophenom''s TTFAF guide on youtube. There I've learned to play the beginning flawlessly in practice mode with much practice. You just have to take each part slowly in practice mode while doing them on the slower settings. You won't pick this song up overnight, or even over the course of the week. If you stick with one section of the song every week then you will see improvements. Hope this helped.

forever96

I play Guitar Hero on expert. I've been playing on expert for like 3 years and still haven't beat it... lol. There's really not a certain way of doing it just keep playing parts over and over. By the way.... I think the version of Through The Fire and Flames on Guitar Hero Smash Hits is a lot easier because at the beginning of the song all you do is the "tap strumming".

ThePunkStar

The intro of the song is easy on tapping but the rest of the song in my opinion is harder because I had passed this song before and I still prefer the guitar hero 3 version of TTFAF even if the intro dosent have tapping. To pass it of course you need practice on playing other hard songs and then try some sections of TTFAF good luck

I disagree, i get 80-90% accuracy at end of fight everytime on hard mode can do normal or with hyperspeed 5, and 70%+ accuracy at end of fight everytime on expert, think of it like a 3 minute jog through the woods, the scenery never changes but theres quite a few objects u have to pass on the way, learn the path, learn the song, after 3 weeks i went from never playing before to hard mode, then i spent 4 hours one afternoon back to back without using practice and i beat fire and flames on hard before i could/took time to beat the last 4 songs in lou's bracket. Also hate to be that guy, but I also disagree with the tapping/intro's those are what gave me most trouble, once i beat those it was pretty much gg, it was just me vs 10-15 sets of patterns that i could do a half ass job on and still live through them rather with star powers or with plenty of 1 note speed strumming to raise my health placed occasionally if i was low.

forever96

Yeah yeah that makes sense. I was referring to the newer version being "easier" than the original because in the intro with the tapping, if you were to mess up it is normally easier for me to go right back into it when I play instead of having to strum a note then keep playing but both of you have a point.

JUST GO FOR IT

garkaz

Slide,

I'm gonna make a video showing you how i do certain parts. Unfortunatly i don't have a video eitingprogram, so you'll only be able to see my hands while i do it, but that should be enough, i'll have it up tonight and i'll post the link as a reply on here. I hope it helps!

garkaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRGmLe_lEyY

Here you go, just like i said i would! I hope it helps! 

mbodude39

You can accomplish this just like I was recently working on BWOLP. You isolate each section of the song that gives you any problems. Start it out on slowest and work your way up. Sometimes you have to think a little about how you should go about tapping a certain section or whatever.

Muscle memory will do great things.