1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2013 8:10 AM by Jadryx Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

check this out.. http://movies.ign.com/articles/979/979654p1.html  .. now u guys DO kno that the girl he falls in love with is Dakens mom, right? im also about 110% sure there will be a silver samurai fight.. im excited because another game should be coming with it.. YES!

• 11. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

so whats everybody think about this? i think they need a new director and writers (i dont think we are gonna see a GREAT wolverine or x-men movie until marvel gets the x-men rights back, like hulk and ironman)

• 12. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

Truly there is no justice. Fox is going to keep pumping out these soulless productions until the money stops pouring in.

You're 100% correct, we won't see a good Wolverine movie until Marvel gets their rights back.

• 13. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

check this out.. http://movies.ign.com/articles/979/979654p1.html  .. now u guys DO kno that the girl he falls in love with is Dakens mom, right? im also about 110% sure there will be a silver samurai fight.. im excited because another game should be coming with it.. YES!

Mariko is not in fact Daken's mother.

• 14. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

Mariko is not in fact Daken's mother.

This is true.  Itsu was the mother of Daken.  However, I can see the film adaptation of this story using Mariko as a substitute just like the Spiderman film did with Mary Jane in place of Gwen Stacy for the Goblin story.  And the reason is simple really.

Fanboys fail to realize that the decades worth of comic book stories do not absolve the fact that in the film industry you need to provide entertainment that eases the comic book uninitiated (general public) into the world that they are depicting. By using a character like Mariko and leaving out Itsu altogether, you've just opened up the door for the Lord Shingen and Silver Samurai story arc with a later surprise of finding out Mariko was pregnant with a son.  The general public can digest this, they don't need all these confusing back stories with the many women of Wolverine. Take the Watchmen movie for example.  Very true to the comic, yet it flopped at the box office with respect to what was projected.  Why?  Most complaints I heard were that a.) it was too long b.) there were some holes that left out some important story elements due to time constraints c.) many of the general public could care less about the 80's era timeframe that they can't relate to. (people apparently can relate to a guy with 18 inch claws coming out of his knuckles though)

Watchmen IMO was one of the BEST comic book movies I've ever seen, but I was a fan of the book mind you.  If all the film industry did was cater to fanboys with respect to their comic book heroes, we'd be sorely dissappointed when the films began flopping because the General Public couldn't digest the material and Hollywood abandoned any further investment into making comic book movies.  Batman TDK was a rare example of a comic book movie done right, but also sparked a lot of curiosity as a result of Heth Ledger's untimely death and the word of mouth of his performance as Joker. These things contributed heavily into the success of the film at the box office.

What I enjoy most about comic book movies is a fresh new realistic as possible approach to my favorite characters with a many nods to the source material as possible while delivering some solid action.  I believe this formula has worked for a number of superhero movies so far, with a number of stinkers in between obviously.  I look forward to enjoying a Japan Wolverine origins film.

• 15. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

I was hoping for some other X-Men Origins (Storm, Gambit, Deadpool, etc) before another Wolverine, but of course, there's already plans for a sequal. (Sure, an X-Men Origins: Some other character may come out BEFORE Wolverine 2, but hey, we don't see PLANS for any yet do we? Hell, apparently, they even canceled the Magneto movie.)

• 16. Re: The Wolverine (movie)
                    SongbirdNiner

Im gonna guess it's in Japan with SS as a villain. And maybe Deadpool coming for revenge with Wolvey not knowng why. They could mKE THIS INTO A GOOD MOVIE

• 17. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

read this online its confirmed

• 18. Re: The Wolverine (movie)
                        Xtreme1995

i dont want ian to play magneto.......he looks really old! unless they do special effects to make him look youger lol

• 19. Re: The Wolverine (movie)

com'on ian is magneto, he is kinda thin tho.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next