42 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2011 6:16 PM by blackxino RSS

Arena/challenge mode

christiankid7

Id really really really like to see this return

Maybe a fighting arena, an acrobatic arena, etc.....

what do ya think

• Re: Arena/challenge mode

I'm pretty sure friend or foe(yes I actually played it) ad this feature and it was terrible. The character's powers were so uneven and cheap that my little using iron fist won all the time using some weird dragon aura type move. I do not want this feature

christiankid7

well not a versus mode per se...but something like

the fighting arena in sm2 and spidey 1 and spidey 2 enter electro

Oh okay though I still don't think so

Definitely.

It would be a great way to make the game last longer.

Plus, you can add scenarios that wouldn't need context.

Like, fighting two bosses at once.

Seriously, imagine if in Shattered Dimensions, there was an arena battle, where each character could fight all 3 of their villains at the same time.

It might take a while to work out the kinks with the camera and such, but if they could get it right, it would be awesome to take on multiple bosses.

no!

why should there be a fighting arena!?

Spiderman's main ability is to swing not walk around beating bad guys.

Also this arena battle or horde mode is over used and shows lack of development put to a game.

Just add co-op support or some other unlockable mode.

Arena mode/Horde mode is so 6th generation. We are in 7th gen and don't need that garbage.

Co-op, mulitplayer or some unlockable mode like Trial of St Lucia mode like from Dante's Inferno

no horde trash mode.

Is there anything you don't hate? Honestly.

No to mention that adding tacked-on co-op or multiplayer IS lazy developing. People eat up multiplayer even if the actual game is mediocre.

It is overused but I see it being used again.

Boss Rush Mode!!!!!

maybe I hate the fact that people are asking for dumb stuff and incoherent things that isn't bang for everyone's buck.

I mean this is a new game, we need to demand new stuff, stuff we haven't seen or do not know about spiderman. We need new costumes yet people ask for old stuff. If they want to use symbiote costume you still have Shattered dimensions, you can go play that game.

We need a better mode like trial of st lucia, multiplayer or co-op. Not old 6th generation hoard mode. This is 7th generation, we need new things.

I'll be paying £40 for this game and I don't want to end up paying for a single player game.

I'll consider the Create a Level/Map mode now. As long as we can customise scenarios and gameplay changer like Trial of St Lucia.

This is the recession, I'm not paying £40 for single player game, let alone experience old stuff I've experienced in the past game.

Like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, had Team Missions. I would reconsider Arena/Challenge/Hoard mode IF ONLY it comes equipped with online co-op.

Hopkirkdeceased

An arena challange mode would be good if it isn't just liike the shatterd dimension battles where you fight several hundred random purple things for no apparent reason... (I thought the title of this was arena challenge mods, i wondered who wanted to have a punch up with lobo...)

If this mode would be like the sim disc in MUA 1 then I would love it. It would just be reusing possible villains in the game but in a different event. For example, if GG is in the game there could be a combat arena level that is similar to a famous GG vs Spidey battle.

Now that I've given it more thought I think it can be good if executed right. I would definitely play it if this mode is in the game but if it sucks I'm obviously not going to go back to it. Letting us post our scores of the 3 categories in SD when you beat a level in arena mode would be good.

Some people like old stuff, and some people like some of the "stupid ideas" that have been suggested in this forum. That's a fact. Just saying.

You thinking of any specific people while you were posting this?

Not really, just in general, lol.

But it's still true.

Lots of people are into nostalgia.

maybe I hate the fact that people are asking for dumb stuff and incoherent things that isn't bang for everyone's buck.

No need for the dumb comment of your post. Different strokes for different folks. If people express their idea they do. No need to look down on it because you don't believe the same/think it's dumb. Being respectful and discussion leads to the possibility of these so called "dumb" ideas becoming better ones.

What Spec said. Everyone needs to be chill or things are gonna get ugly.

The challenge mode should have different types of challenges like racing, beat the guys up, find a specific object, go through a part without touching the ground, and stuff like that. It could take place inside the actual levels or there could be custom levels.

The challenge mode should have different types of challenges like racing, beat the guys up, find a specific object, go through a part without touching the ground, and stuff like that. It could take place inside the actual levels or there could be custom levels.

See, this is a nice idea.

Well, I try

And you should keep on trying to come up with other good ideas. :)

How would racing work if level based? Would it be defeat the number of enemies on each level within the time limit?

I was thinking more like go through the entire level by web swinging through it the fastest you can. Defeating guys are optional

See, this is a nice idea.

we had the same idea in Shattered Dimensions:/ with the Webs of destiny.

so how exactly is it new?

Just add co-op to the game or trial of st lucia style.

I was reading an article about "what is new in Edge of Time".

Exactly what is new? why should we be seeing Symbiote costume again in this game? or Webs of destiny type challenge?

Arena challenge mode should be added if we can change the scenario and how things play.

Just remember the old phrase: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Wouldn't mind having the Web of Destiny return, it was fun.

Though I'm not sure how it would work with the Cause and Effect gameplay in this one.

I agree with Optimusprime12 (starting to become a habit  :) ). Good things don't always have to be new. If something worked well in previous games, why shouldn't they bring it back? Of course new games need new features, because otherwise playing would eventually get boring. But there's really no reason to remove anything great, just because it has been used previously. 

Indeed. And now I'm a habit. :lol:

The web of destiny was great and I wouldn't believe you if you said you didn't like it. Besides I am kind of getting tired of always having new controls for each spidey game. Sure some of it is the same but it would be nice if you can bring what skills you got from SD into edge of time

Alakai put it quite nicely. :)

christiankid7

exactly

If it aint broke...why fix it??

why not have "classic" things?

WHy does EVERYTHING have to be new?

so in that case Edge of Time is nothing but Shattered Dimensions but with a new name and new story since it contains nothing new.

they should just call it an Expansion pack instead of a "new" game or sequel.

why does everybody seem to say stuff like this about EoT. they said they were going to add new stuff so let's see what they are doing before we assume there is nothing new. At first glance a lot of sequels look the same as it's predecessor. and besides that is the reason we have these threads-so that the devs look at them and get new ideas from the people who are going to get the game. save comments like that for after the game comes out

Once again, Alakai put it very nicely.

why does everybody seem to say stuff like this about EoT. they said they were going to add new stuff so let's see what they are doing before we assume there is nothing new. At first glance a lot of sequels look the same as it's predecessor. and besides that is the reason we have these threads-so that the devs look at them and get new ideas from the people who are going to get the game. save comments like that for after the game comes out

why do people say that!? because it looks like Shattered Dimensions...no argument there...no brainer needed!

this comment "and besides that is the reason we have these threads-so that the devs look at them and get new ideas from the people who are going to get the game.".

So why are you people asking for old stuff? O_o

all the stuff so far I've seen requested are nothing but Shattered Dimension nostalgia, nothing new, you guys don't want new stuff. You just want old stuff so you can play on new system/title.

This is why SEGA are making money when turned to a third party. They simply sell their old skool Sonic games and people would keep re-buying them.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 uses this Arena/Challenge mode called Mission Mode and it's co-op. Why can't you people request for that? a co-op arena mode? Instead of requesting for outdated arena mode alone.

All I'm saying is: if Arena mode should be added it better be co-op enabled or multiplayer.

games are expensive and people are not paying £40/$60 for old stuff included in a 'new' game.

Some people, not all of them.

christiankid7

why do people say that!? because it looks like Shattered Dimensions...no argument there...no brainer needed!

this comment "and besides that is the reason we have these threads-so that the devs look at them and get new ideas from the people who are going to get the game.".

all the stuff so far I've seen requested are nothing but Shattered Dimension nostalgia, nothing new, you guys don't want new stuff. You just want old stuff so you can play on new system/title.

This is why SEGA are making money when turned to a third party. They simply sell their old skool Sonic games and people would keep re-buying them.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 uses this Arena/Challenge mode called Mission Mode and it's co-op. Why can't you people request for that? a co-op arena mode? Instead of requesting for outdated arena mode alone.

All I'm saying is: if Arena mode should be added it better be co-op enabled or multiplayer.

games are expensive and people are not paying £40/$60 for old stuff included in a 'new' game.

Hmmm

SO no more old stuff huh

soo...red and blue out?

webswinging...nah been in too many games

health....ehhh no health is in everything

how about Peter Parker?  NO hes always been spider-man

combat? Get outta here...just running will suffice

villains? Venom? NO

Kraven No

hammerhead-

shocker

sandman

any form of goblin

NO! we're doing the big wheel, overdrive, gog, scorcher, coldheart, and the rocket racer

but

BUT NOTHING...people don't want anything old. They want new, new, and new

I wouldn't mind Overdrive at all, that'd be interesting.

But I definitely think CKid hit the nail on the head there.

Spidey is a single player experience so chances are there will be NO coop which is fine by me. And really we are just saying what things we want in the game so don't hate on us for it. The way I think of it is let the devs think of new things while I tell them what old things could come back because I liked them. It would be easy for them and they will always make new additions to the modes. And please remember old ideas spark new ideas. A bicycle was made by putting 2 of the seemingly old wheels together and that is a great invention

No one is saying that we don't want new stuff. But they shouldn't remove what worked in previous games, just because it's not new.  

Sadly, I don't think he's gonna listen to reason.

well good luck to suggesting old stuff