14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2011 2:20 PM by Justinpyro RSS

X-MEN Schism

I know this is probably not going to be related to X-MEN Destiny. But I wanted to know you guys opinion on the new major X-MEN Comic Book Story Arch.

It sounds like it's going to be really good story; but I am a little weary on it because I love the X-men and really don't want them to break up! :(

Also what X-MEN do you think will side with Cyclops or Wolverine?

Current X-MEN: Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Emma Frost, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, Beast, Angel, Psylocke, Dazzler, Warpath, Deadpool, Domino, X-23, Namor, Mercury, Dust, Pixie, Surge, Danielle Moonstar, Magma, Blindfold, Northstar, Auroa, Magik, Hope, Rockslide (I think thats his name).

-Correct me if im wrong or left any out-

• Re: X-MEN Schism

I'm not sure who will be with who except for a few. I think most, if not all, of X-force will be team Wolverine. Angel might be a little shaky given the friendship with Cyclops, but I'm not sure...I think Dark Angel Saga will be a big deal for his personality going forward.

The one who I can speak for with fair amount of certainty is Iceman. The way that Bobby has been written post-Messiah CompleX is as Scott's yes-man. He even told off Beast, one of his best friends, for complaining about getting tortured due to Scott's plans during the Nation X arc. As annoying as I find it I think he'll fall right into line behind Scott (I'm a Cyclops supporter, I just don't like the mindless soldier that Bobby's been written as).

I agree ^^ I don't want to see the X-men break up, but this has been building for a while now. I also think it will be for an interesting read. I don't like how Cyclops has been written lately, so I am hoping my favorite X-men characters side with Wolverine. Oh and you forgot Rogue.

i wonder whose side Storm will join. i think there is a few X-MEN that will be neutral. Storm, Dust, Pixie, Shadowcat, and Colossus I could not see chosing sides. where as i can see Emma Frost, Iceman, Surge, and Namor joining Cyclops and X-force, X-23, Mercury joining Wolverine. but the rest idk im interested to see who Gambit, Rogue, and Dazzler join.

I think its just a battle between Cyclops and Wolverine. Not a copy of the Civil War. Maybe with Cyclops leaving the X-men. Then when Xavier or someone leads the X-men into a epic battle like Second coming, they loose because of the missing of Cyclops. Maybe Cyclops takes the spot over from Wolverine at one of the Avengers team.

For the record, if Xavier would have lead the X-men trough out the recents events, then the muntant population would have been lesser then now, and no one would know about it, because Xavier mindwipe everyone.

In other words, I think Schism is not going to be a major event, just a little X-men chaning event. And as a closer, Emma ditches Scott for Namor.

Hopefully Cyclops loses, and Xavier takes over again. Look at how misguided they've become without Xavier.

I wouldnt say they are misguided and Cyclops showed great leadership when the X-MEN were facing off against the deadly hoard of sentinels!

i'm curious about Storm too.

Knowing the way Marvel handles Wolverine, they're gonna make his team "the cool team." So I spose I'd rather have her on his side, if any.

This new book will finally give Iceman a role i think. he will actually be involved and therefore im looking forward to it.  cuz of Iceman :D

Hold On Hold On... Deadpool's In The X-Men! :O :O :O

I Think Wolvy would allow Deadpool on the team because of the whole Weapon X deal and because Cyclops pretty much hates him... Can't Wait to see this

Hopefully Cyclops loses, and Xavier takes over again. Look at how misguided they've become without Xavier.

This.  Xavier should be the head of the X-Men; this whole era of Cyclops as the big boss needs to go.

This.  Xavier should be the head of the X-Men; this whole era of Cyclops as the big boss needs to go.

Xavier is a teacher, not a leader. Yeah I'n pro-Cyclops.

I positive, that when Xavier would have led the X-men trough events as Necrosha, Vampire attack, Second Coming etc, that it would be a bigger mess then now.

Reading Prelude to Schism does tell how Scott is holding up.

Xavier is a teacher, not a leader.

What?  Xavier was the sole leader of the X-Men for literally decades of publication history.

Also, every teacher is a leader, and vice versa.  The most basic example of this is a father, who is both teacher and leader with regard to his kids, especially his sons.

http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/19741/

I was right :cheese:

WOW u def were lol its sad though Marvel always trying to f*** with the x-men more bad **** happens than good to this team. smh.