1 2 3 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2011 5:40 AM by Drakoniz RSS

Marvel announces new MMO game

christiankid7
        • 1. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

Hmm. I'm not so into online games. MUA3 would have been more exciting.

Well if this has Storm and comes out for PS3, I might get it.

• 2. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

I'm not really into online games either, but I am a huge fan of Marvel games, so I might give it a try. Especially if I can play as Rogue and other X-men characters. (I won't only play as the X-men but they are my favorite lol).

^^ I agree: I would have LOVED some news about X-men Legends 3 or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3!!

Oh and if they release any good news about this game tomorrow, somebody please post it here :)

• 3. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

This is nice news to hear. Hopefully we get a free to play scenario like in some newer MMOs that allow you to play for free and get most things for free BUT there are paid goodies too.

Also, if this was an XML3 or M:UA 3 announcement, we'd hear it here and we'd also have THREE new games coming all at once. That would just kind of be overkill...

• 4. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

This is nice news to hear. Hopefully we get a free to play scenario like in some newer MMOs that allow you to play for free and get most things for free BUT there are paid goodies too.

Also, if this was an XML3 or M:UA 3 announcement, we'd hear it here and we'd also have THREE new games coming all at once. That would just kind of be overkill...

It would kinda be overkill, but to be totally honest, I was really thinking some company would release that they were going to make a XL3. I mean we are getting the X-men: First Class movie in June and they have already announced at least 2 more X-men movies. I mean really, it's time for XL3! I am looking forward to the Marvel MMO and I already have X-men: Destiny preordered, but I would MUCH prefer to have an XL3 and/or MUA3. They are my favorite video games ever.

• 5. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

They can't. Activision owns the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man games until 2017. This means all X-Men and Spider-Man based games, movie and otherwise, will be from Activision until 6 years from now unless Activision renews the licenses.

The "Ultimate Alliance" series is also property of Activision as well and pulls its roots from the X-Men Legends series.

• 6. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

They can't. Activision owns the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man games until 2017. This means all X-Men and Spider-Man based games, movie and otherwise, will be from Activision until 6 years from now unless Activision renews the licenses.

The "Ultimate Alliance" series is also property of Activision as well and pulls its roots from the X-Men Legends series.

Well then, I wonder why Activision won't go ahead and make the game? They would make SO much money. There are a lot of online petitions for an XL3.

• 7. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

They probably only meant for there to be 2 games in each series.

• 8. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

MUA was designed to be the successor to XML. MUA is dead for know to ACTI due to MUA2.

Very low chance of one to be made currently.

• 9. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

How did Capcom gain the rights to X-Men characters for MVC3 then? Clearly other companies are licensed to use those characters, no?

MUA2 sucked, but none of the XML games did, so they should keep THAT franchise going. It's been years and people STILL want it.

1 2 3 Previous Next