1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2011 5:40 AM by Drakoniz Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

If Gazillion does it right, the pay parts shouldn't be TOO expensive and the good stuff can easily be unlocked by many hours of play and level grinding.

I've already decided I'll probably go with Spider-Man or Jean Grey/Phoenix and a friend of mine will go with Iron Man. :P

I actually didn't decide he'd play Iron Man...he loves Iron Man so much I already know he would, hah.

• 21. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

A comment in that article reminded me of a possible problem: Multiple same heroes. What if a lot of people choose to play as Cap and their are multiple Caps running around? Create your own character stops this from happening, but now that we know we can actually play as actual heroes I can't see a way that it can be without limiting players in someway. (IE limiting the amount of same heroes in a server or group) Guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

• 22. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

Awesome! But what if it's not released for PS3? :(

• 23. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

Right now, PC version will be first as MMOs are more of a PC thing. They'll probably bring it to 360 first then PS3.

• 24. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

Gazillion, buddy.

Also, you guys forget about this?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatmanvsWolverine/news/?a=36197

This is awesome. Free to play, and the chance to actually play as characters from the comics. Nova and Squirrel Girl are playable. Let that sink in for you.

Only unsure thing is that Dr.Doom is the main villain? That makes it sound like it's heroes only, or that Doom won't be playable? EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH.

Three hopes for this game:

1) That it will be released on XBox 360 and not only PC

2) That you can play offline if you want to

3) That it will be more or less an enhanced version of MUA, with a ton of new characters that have never yet been playable in an action-RPG.

• 25. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game
                  MostCorrupt

So basically you're going to see thousands of spider-men and wolverines running around. Sounds pretty lame. Go play their other mmo superhero squad and you can already see how this is going to turn out with all the duplicate characters running around. You may as well grab a few friends and play mua1 or 2 online. They should have gone the dcuo route and have you make your own hero to fight alongside the marvel heroes and still have pvp arena battles where you can pick actual marvel heroes or villains to fight as.

• 26. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

This game will not be playable offline. MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online. It would not be an MMO RPG if it was playable offline.

It will require not only an internet connection but a GOOD broadband speed or higher.

EDIT: Gazillion's other Marvel MMO, Marvel Super Hero Squad, is finally up and running. Give it a try, it may give some insight as to how they will make their other Marvel MMO (although the new MMO is more based for older users while SHS is for younger ones).

https://www.heroup.com/

EDIT 2: Let's hope this isn't browser-based and requires an actual disk to install. Marvel Super Hero Squad is browser based.

Also, Marvel will probably put the game on PS3 as well as 360 just to make sure they get the most money.

• 27. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Marvel MMO? I mean i know that is supposed to be online play with tons of marvel characters but is there a story? Or do you just run around fighting other people?

• 28. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

An MMO is a Massively Multiplayer Online video game. You usually have a really really long story mode that everyone plays at the exact same time (but some people progress faster than others which can take hours or even months of leveling up). You can also get into teams to help each other progress.

You can also go Player vs Player (or "PvP"). These are usually only in special arenas for two or more players to fight one another.

Some MMOs cost money per month to play (City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, DC Universe Online) but some are free to play BUT you have to pay for super special things (Marvel's new MMO, Second Life, Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, and Champions Online).

Marvel's MMO is an MMO with Marvel's characters.

• 29. Re: Marvel announces new MMO game

A comment in that article reminded me of a possible problem: Multiple same heroes. What if a lot of people choose to play as Cap and their are multiple Caps running around? Create your own character stops this from happening, but now that we know we can actually play as actual heroes I can't see a way that it can be without limiting players in someway. (IE limiting the amount of same heroes in a server or group) Guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

Don't see anything wrong with that. That's how it should be.

A possible solution is allow clones of certain characters, but give them a reskin. A second Captain America would be given the US Agent costume or Bucky's Cap costume, second Spider-Man player would be in Scarlet Spider gear, Thor could be Thunderstrike. I think that would be pretty neat.

but is there a story? Or do you just run around fighting

other people?

I don't think Marvel would have hired their favorite writer for nothing.