14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 4:26 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

BOPS2- my thoughts

CowboySr

I will say that Im not overly excited about the look of BOPS2 and the direction it went in from what Ive seen. My favorite COD ever is still WAW, but I cant play it due to the hacking. I have enjoyed all of the CODs. I felt though that BOPS had the poorest maps of all of the CODs. It seems like it was the complete opposite from WAW. Im hoping I will see my top 10  requests:

1.) Give us a vehicle, even if its just once and awhile, like the tanks in WAW.

2.) No quickscoping- its terrible.

3.) Dogs at 7 again

4.) Stack the streaks

5.) Keep deathstreaks out of the game

6.) Please allow for large maps that allow sniping. All of the maps in BOPS were so cluttered with buildings, you couldnt snipe.

7.) Reduce explosives. In the end its the gun on gun action people want to engulf themselves in.

8.)  Make UAVs more difficult to earn. So I dont always have to run ghost/assassin

9.) Bring back snipers with no scopes- Want my old Mosin back.

10.) Last but not least- Zombies are pretty cool- but I miss the co-op multiplayer campaign mode from WAW. 4 player, and you could switch between competitive modes and casual(or whatever it was called).

WAW was great because it covered an era different from all the others people are playing, and proved that these games should be made.   I pray for the day either 3arch or IW is smart enough to realize that COD Vietnam needs to be made. Im not talking about the 1 jungle map in BOPS-which turned out to be a favorite- I want 12-20 maps that battle in the jungles, down the VC rivers, in underground tunnels, open rice fields, and in the cities of Saigon. Throw in some Rolling stones and never see me buy another COD again

• Re: BOPS2- my thoughts

cod veitnam would be a dream i have also wanted a cod with jungle warfare , foxholes, tunnels, buckers , think platoon the film .2,5,6,7,8 are right on, and i would take a co-op campaign again also.

nicedrewishfela

First off, Cowboy its good to see you on the BlOps II Forum.

W@W is a favorite of mine as well, because it was my intro to Online gaming on console (I had been a big RTCW player and loved that game), but also because WWII has always been fascinating to me. Love the movies, love the games, love the books and stories.

I have to agree to disagree with you on the Black Ops maps. I loved the majority of them. For the first time, we were given interactivity and multiple attack routes. Very rare to see people able to stay in one place the entire game ala MW2. I enjoyed the design and still marvel at the detail they put into each one. Just my opinion, but found them a lot of fun and challenging.

1)Not too sure about vehicles. They were OK in W@W, but not sure if we'll ever see them return. Sounds like we'll get our fill of these in Strike Force missions, but who knows? I would rather have gun on gun, myself.

2)Agreed 100%. I felt Black Ops got sniping right, kept it a challenge.

3)Dear God man, get back on your medication. Dogs are a very effective streak, better at higher levels if brought back at all.

4)Don't agree with streak stacking, unless they go to a Strike Package type setup. It kept the spam down to a minimum and the sky wasn't cluttered with streaks all the time. Made streaks feel earned when we got em.

5)Agreed, but they never had them in previous titles, so I doubt we'll see them.

6)Would like a variety of maps. I felt there were plenty of good sniping opportunities in Black Ops, but they never let it get to a Wasteland point where a Sniper could just snuggle up in a corner somewhere and dominate.

7)Agreed. Less of the Noob tubes and non-lockable launchers. Nothing more frustrating than constant explosive spam.

8) Good point. I play HC, and many matches felt like I was in Core as the mini map was always up. Make them higher level, Award people for taking them down, and only allow one in the air at a time, maybe even with a few second reset time in between like a chopper.

9)Love this idea. Start snipers out with Iron sights like everyone else, make them earn their opticals.

10) I don't play Zombies, but Co-Op might be fun. I tend to stick with MP and combat training, its just what I enjoy.

Like the Vietnam idea, think there are many possibilities there, and I hope that they someday go back to WWII. Love the era and would love to see what they could do now with the improvements in programming.

CowboySr

Thanx for the welcome. I guess everyone likes something a little differently when theres so much to choose from.  I myself hated wasteland because you couldnt see anything, but I love maps over the past like crossfire, wetworks from the MW series and the sniping maps from WAW because there wasnt so mch clutter.

Cool post but in my opinion why is it that EVERYONE wants to go BACKWARDS with this series? Like seriously in every suggestion people have these two words before starting to discuss anything "Bring Back" if the suggestions people were so great why don't you easily turn your xbox on and play W@W or the COD that you reference. I agree with some points but most of em I don't. For instance iron sighted snipers....the main theme of this game is to go even more past Modern Warfare so why would a deemed futuristic game have snipers with iron sights as a start and also that completely kills the enjoyability of the game to casual players. Dogs at a 7 streak.....no and no again there's a reason it was placed as high as it was in BOPs 1. Spy plane spam...there's no way around it but to keep a launcher and keep pushing & noobtubes have been settled A LOT since MW2 you notice it takes BOTH tubes to kill someone and that's a MAYBE depending on the recievers health and how it impacts. Vehicles...no then we'd see 1123142142141 posts on how lil 6 year olds keep trampling me in a tank and etc...strictly gun on gun. BUT even after my criticism I DO AGREE that this series needs bigger maps! Big maps create better strategy instead of old Quake gameplay where you jump, shoot, throw explosives and luckily survive type of play but to each his own.

CowboySr

Since 3arch and MW alternate every year, Ive always liked that 3arch has gone back in time to cover wars from our past. Its a nice switch up from this modern/future stuff. Lets be honest, between Halo, BF3 and MW3, so much of the stuff used is not current technology-it is futuristic. So I was sickened to hear we have to play another one. For the record- you can not go back and play WAW and havent been able to  because there are hackers in every lobby, some that can reset your stats from what Ive read.

Ok congrats but who's to say that overtime the same thing won't happen to this one and the cycle continues on? Then also what can any game franchise possibly do to cover an old war any better than whats been produced? From the first COD, Medal of Honor, and any other franchise everything has been beat to shreds. Video game production is about pushing forward and revolutionizing stories not just dusting an idea that's been produced a 100 times and somewhat making it better. If that was the case they'd still have support on those old titles and create new DLC for them. Also Halo is science fiction and has a completely different context than what a MW3 and BF3 have covered. Even the stories between each of these games have deep contrasts to them. I'm not saying what you've voiced is wrong but I am saying that it's highly unlikely that they'll divy back to making WW2 games pushing forward.

i just think with the way the game engines have been sharpened up , the games look very nice a return to ww2 would be nice and there was so many battles fought it would not be hard to pick through and have something fresh but from that era .

Ok good stance and yes there were plenty battles fought but there's a reason that even in our history we only pay attention to a chosen few. Heck amidst all those missions and battles they would still have to recreate a scenario because no way in hell Treyarch or anybody else is gonna find this info or information on secret missions and etc. I just think it's tiring. Then also technically the scenario in BOPs2 could occur...why do you think the new mass regulations against peoples privacy and new things like the Freedom of Information Act so to me this story is relevant.

you need to watch more history channel, discovery, ect secret missions of ww2 they are a good watch and you might see there was more to ww2 than you think . in your opinion you dont want ww2 so i respect that . each to there own.

CowboySr

Im sure this one will be hacked and forgotten, I think its terrible PR for 3arch and IW to still be selling these game new on shelves and the maps packs for them , and to leave them completely unplayable. I was responding to you stating I could easily go back and play WAW. I cant. Now were just constantly making up wars.  Anyone who has studied any of the world wars, Korean, Vietnam knows there thousands of stories and huge battles that could be told.  Whos really playing these games for the story lines anyway? Most of the people I know play the campaign once and never again, cause they arent MP.   Except for the WAW one.  Multiplayer is where the action/fun is at in FPS.  There is so much that needs to be covered, so many other countries that participated in the Wars that could be relived.

Ok I gotchu so bascially like create maybe like W@W map packs and etc but with BOPs2 weapons and etc? That sounds kinda cool...

CowboySr

I dont know how you pulled that out of anything I said.   I was just trying to say that We really havent covered WW1, the Korean war, Vietnam except for 1 or 2 maps. The number of wars weve had since there have been guns is amazing. Some of them much larger or extensions of others, but look at the things we have to choose fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_1945%E2%80%931989. But instead of possibility reliving wars from the past we are now creating fake scenarios. To me its a slap in the face from the series. Ill go play halo if I want to be in the future.

Dont get me wrong, im buying thee game, but I was just pointing out that since 3arch and MW rotate, we're gonna have 3 years of this future/modern day stuff to play.

nicedrewishfela

I am the same way, never been into Futuristic storylines like that Halo nonsense. But this is 13 years in the future, so not sure its going to go all that overboard. I was wary when I heard as well, but after Black Ops I am willing to have faith.

In the end, to me, the storyline and setting will not matter nearly as much as the gameplay. If its fun and balanced, well designed and with enough goodies to keep me playing for days and days... that's ultimately what matters to me.