9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 11:49 AM by robbierocket RSS

Founder Status in Black Ops 2

I know this was discussed previously, but i have not found an answer to it......

If some one from Treyarch or Activision will reply i would be greatful. I hope their is some reward to Call of Duty: Elite Founder Members. Either a Camouflage or something i heard about Treyarch Confiming that they will release information on Call of Duty Elite Integration with Black Ops II. I thought they will release the information with talking about current ELiTE founders.. Please Any INFORMATION IS HELPFUL

• Re: Founder Status in Black Ops 2
          vincezero

David Vonderhaar retweeted from COD elite that details will be announced about Elite 2.0 next month

otisman666

I don't think having "founder status" will matter much anymore.  This was something crafted by the IW folks and implemented into their game, but for 3arch it won't mean a thing.  The good folks at Elite headquarters might retain your founder emblem on their website, but only if you continue to pay if there there is a premium version.

Just my $0.02, I guess we will see for sure when the game comes out.

edsback41

It's BS!

Elite is an Activision "game". Founders were promised to always retain their status in Elite. They didn't say, "throughout MW3 Elite". They said Founder status would carry on throughout "Elite"! We(Founders) were promised more as well. I have all of the documents pertaining to this and will be quoting from it as soon as I get it organized. But in a nutshell, we were promised the world and now it seems we will be tossed aside.

If it is left the way it is right now, it just proves that we were suckered into helping them get "Elite" off the ground by using our dollars and early percipitation to finance their efforts at perfecting an Elite "2.0" that is now given away for free. I hope I start to get my Dividend checks soon.

Now they tell me my Premium Elite subscription will end on 3/12/13 with no way to keep it going. So, if my clan choices to continue leveling up to clan level 50, well, we may not be able to get there be then, as we are a small clan. To hinder our try to reach level 50 even more, The whole month of November is void of any Clan Ops and Challenges.

Appearently Elite is a flawed concept that they will continue to tweak to suit their needs, not ours, as time goes on. How soon they forget about us, the customer.

grimsley

Whine much?Get over it.

Izjar11

we were promised the world and now it seems we will be tossed aside.

You thought the world was promised --hahahaha--- I have to say activisions Marketing department + naive people = great sales!

it just proves that we were suckered into helping them get "Elite" off the ground by using our dollars

If you feel suckered than you feel suckered, they sold the service and forced no one to, you bought its done why complain when your money is no longer recoverable.

I hope I start to get my Dividend checks soon

What? Did you buy Activision stocks? Or your self created "you can have the world" service.

Appearently Elite is a flawed concept that they will continue to tweak to suit their needs, not ours, as time goes on. How soon they forget about us, the customer.

A weak argument, elite had many issues but its core purpose were DLC releases on a monthly basis.

robbierocket

I think that's bit harsh.

It's called posturing, what you're doing. You're taking the opposite stance for the sake of image or argument.

Yes, people were mislead. I bought Elite Premium because I wanted the DLC, the clan stuff and I didn't want to miss out on anything else that would be good. It turned out there was no good "other stuff". The DLC was as promised even if it was the least accessible and least played DLC by me ever. The clan stuff was farcical, but I don't really care personally. I'm not disappointed, just unimpressed.

However, just because I got the DLC and bought into this just to not miss out, it doesn't change the fact that some of the things were pathetic and people were expecting more.

I think it's way better being free, I hate "priority" services and I think the community suffers. Premium Eliters payed more just to keep up, so now free is good.

That doesn't change the fact that edsback41 is right to feel agrieved, no matter how much you undermine him.

(nothing personal Izjar, your posts are of high standard)

Izjar11

@ robbie,

I am harsh and I will argue / discuss things in face of ignorance.

It's called posturing, what you're doing. You're taking the opposite stance for the sake of image or argument.

Hold on, how am I misleading others? or are you referring to the OP?

However, just because I got the DLC and bought into this just to not miss out, it doesn't change the fact that some of the things were pathetic and people were expecting more.

I never countered this, elite was and is still a bad service, the reality is it was a enhanced service tied to DLC release.

I think it's way better being free, I hate "priority" services and I think the community suffers. Premium Eliters payed more just to keep up, so now free is good.

I feel exactly the same, they saved themselves (barely) by giving us "free elite".

That doesn't change the fact that edsback41 is right to feel agrieved, no matter how much you undermine him

And I feel similar with certain services elite failed with, but I will not claim that they "promised the world" ignorance being naive not reading what you buy is a consumer issue. I am simply conveying my belief that many didn't pay attention to what elite was really intended for.

Robbie non taken. We all have our opinions mine will clash with others.

robbierocket

Rather than counterpoint your counterpoints I'll say this. I set out to give the guy a break on some reasonable issues and you've come back with some empathy and maybe more, which is good.

He hasn't yet presented his "documents" so I think it's safe to leave that discussion of the promised details until (if ever) he posts what was promised.

You did slap him down, so that was my "posturing" remark. It's clear in my eyes that he's agrieved and he's not as clinical as you with wording, but that wasn't the impetus of his post. It was that Premium ELITE was built up and sold on more than substance.

The HE of BOII comes with distinct details, Premium ELITE came with some details (some unfulfilled), it also "promised" or "implied" much more. Maybe it was just the hope of more, or the chance of more, it's naïve to think that "the world" was promised (whatever that means) or to expect any claim beyond the free month a year ago, you're not wrong with that. Founders were promised future exclusives and more though and that's what he's harking on about - as well as general disgruntlement.

I think they'll throw down a peacemaker (like an emblem or something) and end it there. It's something to put behind all of us.