7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2012 12:46 PM by frats74 RSS

No More Split Screen For Multiplayer Please!

I know I'm not alone on this one and I hope those who agree with me would reply and show their support.

For many times now, I've lost matches, left a losing match or refused to join an on-going match because of gamers who play split screen. Surely you guys know what I mean. Their gamertags have the same name but one has "(1)" at the end of it.

One of those two is barely doing better than the other but sometimes both have negative K/D's. I'm just sick and tired of this. MW2 never had split screen so I don't know why it had to be incorporated with MW3. I feel bad for the other players who are pulling their weight trying to carry the team only to be let down in the end because someone was dead weight.

I don't think lack of skill alone is to blame but I believe it's also the physical size of the gamer's screen. If the gamers who play split screen have a Plasma HD that is more than 40 inches, I think they can see well enough to know where to go, where the enemy is, etc. But if they have a regular 20 inch flat screen, they pretty much wasted their team's time in even trying.

I like to play and have fun, but not when losing becomes a common occurence.

Of course, I don't mind at all if they're on the other team and I'm mowing them down.

• Re: No More Split Screen For Multiplayer Please!
          Swaggin412

It can be aggravating if you have randomsplit screeners that don't know what their doing, or at least the (1) isn't doing that great.

However me and my Girlfriend split screen(we both have our own XBL accounts) neither of us really care about our KD stats, we just play to win. Now keep in mind we mainly play Demo, but if we play something Killed based then for that game(s) obviously we don't want to die a lot. Not because we don't want our KDs to drop but rather because we don't want to lose. We play on. 39" HD 1080p TV, its not too bad when we split screen. But yeah it is better when you get the whole screen.

On a side note, I tried playing on a 72" tv before, not was good as I thought it would be. Actually made me play kinda worse.

Why would they remove a feature that many multiplayer games already have used and that obviously many people enjoy the option because you see them a lot.

In all honesty, if you have a problem against splitscreeners and losing when playing with them, try harder. Split screeners never make me a lose a game, either I'm having an off day or the other team did something that I couldn't counter.

Besimtar wrote:

Why would they remove a feature that many multiplayer games already have used and that obviously many people enjoy the option because you see them a lot.

In all honesty, if you have a problem against splitscreeners and losing when playing with them, try harder. Split screeners never make me a lose a game, either I'm having an off day or the other team did something that I couldn't counter.

It is not my job to carry a team to win. If they're not even going to try, why did they bother to play? Everytime I play with split screeners on my team, I think "Why not just give the other team the victory now and just spare us the wasted time and effort?"

While I acknowledge that there are a lot of factors that could explain why you never lost a game while having split screeners on your team I will state that you must be a.) good, b.) lucky, c.) you must have played against a bunch of n00bs who play even worse than the split screeners on your team.

I have never seen split screeners do better than .90 K/D

I HATE playing splitscreen so much that I refuse to do it. When I have someone over we just switch back and forth. I personally think that it wouldn't be so bad if the split was vertically instead of horizontally. If you take a 42 inch and split it down the middle,you have a perfect square tv on both sides.And if your old enough to have had the pleasure of playing on a old crt TV,you would be used to it.

zvers

Love to play against them but I hate when they are on my team! Rarely do I ever see good split screeners. I really don't care either way. Play Mercenary TDM then....

are you kidding?  Splitscreen adds alot to the game in playability.  My biggest problem with games theses days, is they want it all to be online with no splitscreen, which leaves me or my wife playing by ourselves. 

BTW, mercenary doesnt allow splitscreen I beleive.  Maybe you could try that.

There are a few maps, like outpost, that I have a hard time seeing with just the top half of the screen, but its my tv, I can use the second player just fine.

Shrydo wrote:

are you kidding?  Splitscreen adds alot to the game in playability.  My biggest problem with games theses days, is they want it all to be online with no splitscreen, which leaves me or my wife playing by ourselves. 

BTW, mercenary doesnt allow splitscreen I beleive.  Maybe you could try that.

There are a few maps, like outpost, that I have a hard time seeing with just the top half of the screen, but its my tv, I can use the second player just fine.

Adds a lot to the game in playability? Please give examples and elaborate.

This feature should not be in multiplayer.