38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 8:29 AM by LOLBrutal1ty RSS

Why to get Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for the Wii U

Controls

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on the Wii U supports three different control types.

• Wii U GamePad: Cointains all traditional controller buttons plus a touchscreen for on the fly inventory changes.
      • Wii U Pro Controller: A more traditional controller for those more fimiliar with the controllers of the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro accessories.
      • Wii Remote + Nunchuck Accessory: This combination allows for more precise aim and gets players more invloved with the action.

Gameplay

When using the Wii U GamePad, players have the ability to bring the whole game onto the Wii U GamePad using its embedded screen. You can also have one player use the TV while the other uses the Wii U GamePad for viewing on split-screen multiplayer/Zombies.

Graphics

The Wii U version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has the best graphics out of the consoles while remaining at a silky smooth 60 frames per second (given the fact its a newer console and has the most power) rendered in 1080p.

Pretty sure there's more, but not all details have been confirmed at this time. More will be added soon.

• Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II is best on the Wii U

Yep, CoD on the Wii U will be a pretty sweet experience

• Re: Why to get Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for the Wii U
            wajackbauer

NintendoCoD wrote:

Graphics

And of course, what would there be without the typical graphics arguement? The Wii U version supports full HD (1080p) at a smooth 60 frames per second. That's right. The Wii U version of the game has the best graphics out of the three versions (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3). Want to brag and say yours has the better graphics? Get it for the Wii U!

This is going to be one truely awesome experience if done right! Thanks Activision and Treyarch!

It has not been 100% confirmed that the Wii U version will run at 1080p. Yes Eric Hirshberg said it would be in full HD, (1080p) however there is a chance that he simply used that term without thinking about it too much seeing as many developers did the same with the PS3 and 360 around their launch and yet there are so little 1080p games on PS3 and 360 that you can basically count them on your fingers.

Everything so far has suggested that 2D games on Wii U (NSMBU, Rayman Legends, Toki Tori 2) will be 1080p while 3D games will be 720p. However there is a small chance that Wii U will be cable of doing BO2 in 1080p 60fps seeing as the actual graphics of CoD (textures detail) aren't anything special.

So in summary, assuming BO2 on Wii U is 1080p, it will only look slightly cleaner and sharper than the other console version, it won't be a big difference.

I'm pretty sure that Black Ops 2 will run at a full 1080p on the Wii U, but upscaled because I don't think the game was made with it in mind.

wajackbauer

NintendoCoD wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Black Ops 2 will run at a full 1080p on the Wii U, but upscaled because I don't think the game was made with it in mind.

Going by that logic, an N64 game runs at full 1080p, because if you have a 1080p TV it will upscale all content to 1080p. I think what you're trying to say is that you think the console will upscale (which is better than your TV doing it).

To my knowledge, the Xbox360 upscales all games to 1080p but the PS3 doesn't.

Both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 upscale games to 1080p, but the PlayStation 3 actually supports native 1080p for some of its titles. The Wii U is said to be a native 1080p console which is why Nintendo has decided to ship it with a high-speed HDMI cable from the get-go. However, most launch titles seem to be running in 720p so, like you've cleared up, the console will most likely upscale the game to 1080p.

I have to admit, making the switch from the Wii to XBox was great.  I never thought I cared about graphics but I must admit (and I hate to admit this), I have turned into a graphics snob.   Only because I do find it easier to see enemies on the maps.  While there are more details on the Xbox (bushes, grass, etc...), it's just easier for me to see the players on my TV with HD. 

I gotta tell ya, I was shocked on resistance in the basement of the room in the center of the map and how sharp and clear it was compared to the dark dungeon it resembled on the Wii. 

But Motion controls IS the reason I will upgrade to the Wii U. 

Are you our new wii admin?

how does that matter,please tell me,what big differance do you notice between 720p & 1080p cause it's  very hard to tell

like2nap03

It only really matters if you have a large enough TV.  Like 40 inches or larger.  On a screen that big, you need the extra pixels (1080 as opposed to 720) for a crisper picture.  Everything will be clearer with the higher resolution. 

Padiego

Also, if you need glasses but you don't use them, the difference isn't even there.

My vision took a turn for the crapper when BO came out. The game looked like total sh*t and I could've swore MWR looked a lot better. Well, when I got my glasses, everything looked like it was in HD.

So if you have vision problems but for some reason refuse to wear glasses, then you shouldn't bother getting better cables or a better TV.

nintendon't

Honestly I can't even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Completely untrue. 

While true some people don't notice the difference, it is easily possible to tell the difference.

The more you use HD the easier it is to tell the difference.

I know the supposed '40' inch barrier, but that's really all a crock of you know what.

My last CRT monitor could do 2048x1536 and was 19" viewable and blows 1080p out of the water by a large margin.  Easily could tell the difference.

But I'd rather have my 40 inch HDTV hooked up to my computer, so I do.  But to say someone can't tell the difference is simply not true.

It's like hz, the human high CAN discern 600-1000 hz regardless of what some people say.

Hell I can see flicker in 120hz or higher if I turn my head a bit sideways (as peripheral vision is more sensitive).

Personally I think even 720p games look ugly compared to 1080.

Also remember, the 4ktv's are coming out, believe you me you'll be able to tell a difference, and no, you won't need a 84 inch to tell the difference. 

In fact the past few years I've been reading about the movie studios going to 16k for their movies, so people really need to reevaluate their opinions.

You can also easily tell a true 1080p from an upscaled one.  Just look at any PC graphics versus an upscaled PS3 game.  

360 version doesn't run at 720, it runs at 1024x600.  The 360 version looks really ugly of the old CoD titles as they are very low res textures and at such low resolution.

That said it was still a blast, as graphics aren't everything.  But if I have a choice between a Wii U version at 1080p or a 360 version at 600, I know which way I'm leaning.

The questions that hold me back right now are...

Does wii u have nuketown 2025 because I love the original map.

If you have CoD Elite with the 360 game, how can you switch it to a Wii U version, and will it even apply?

How will Wii U's network work versus the great 360 network?  Plus you know the 360 will have tons of people playing, but what about the Wii U version?  Though it might be like when the 360 came out, there weren't many online shooters so tons of people played the few titles there were as now on the 360/ps3 there are tons of games that thin out the numbers of players playing various games (obviously never a problem with 360 CoD but with more marginal titles, yeah).

So it is very possible I could get it on the 360 still, after all the last few years I had an ATI 5850 and now a GTX 670, yet I'm not even considering it on the PC.   I like CoD and a controller, plus don't want to deal with the various hacks and aimbots.

wajackbauer

wajackbauer wrote:

It has not been 100% confirmed that the Wii U version will run at 1080p. Yes Eric Hirshberg said it would be in full HD, (1080p) however there is a chance that he simply used that term without thinking about it too much seeing as many developers did the same with the PS3 and 360 around their launch and yet there are so little 1080p games on PS3 and 360 that you can basically count them on your fingers.

Everything so far has suggested that 2D games on Wii U (NSMBU, Rayman Legends, Toki Tori 2) will be 1080p while 3D games will be 720p. However there is a small chance that Wii U will be cable of doing BO2 in 1080p 60fps seeing as the actual graphics of CoD (textures detail) aren't anything special.

So in summary, assuming BO2 on Wii U is 1080p, it will only look slightly cleaner and sharper than the other console version, it won't be a big difference.

Well whaddya know, I was right.

PC has the best graphics and frame rate. Xbox is best IMO though because the controller is better for FPS games, xbox live has the largest player base, and xbox gets DLC first.

PC obviously has serperior graphics and frame rate. However, the Wii U is the console that comes the closest to replicating that same experience when it comes to those things. For those that prefer the Xbox 360 controller, there is the option to play with the Wii U Pro Controller (which closely resembles the Xbox 360 controller besides the button and anolog stick placements) and the Classic Controller Pro. The Xbox 360 will also have the larger player base and gets downloadable content first because it is Activion's lead system for Call of Duty (but I really don't see why at this point because the Wii U and PlayStation 3 are much more capable tech-wise). So one could argue that the Xbox 360 may have the better version, but the facts state otherwise.

The controller is better for FPS games than Keyboard + Mouse? No. Just. No. There's a reason console shooters basically need ''sticky-aim'' =p If you meant Xbox vs WiiU\Ps3 then I fully agree though. Personal preference.

You should put this up on other forums and see what kind of response you get XD

watch the gameplay the graphics arent thesame  they suck

I won't be getting the pro controller when there's no rumble feature

Just pre-ordered mine.  Cant wait to play it on the new console.  Really nice that that wii mote will be supported!

asystole

I thought graphics never mattered? For years, that's all I have heard from all the long term Wii guys. Even if the WiiU has better graphics than the PS360, come on, you are arguing semantics. The graphics difference is upgraded, but mimimal compared to the graphics differences the regular Wii has.

Wait till the arguments start because you killed someone using a game pad instead of traditional controls....remember the classic control knife lunge argument?

Can I ask, are you really going to shell out $ 300.00 just to play COD? Then, you know right now that you MAY not get DLC? At least you know with the PS360 right now, the DLC will be there.

I'm not trying to knock those who like the WiiU, I like it... it's just I most likely will not shell out all that cash for something that is not significantly above the ps360, with no guarentees of added content. Plus in today's economy, it's better to get a ps360 on Black Friday for a great deal, AND buy the game for the same price.

asystole wrote:

I thought graphics never mattered? For years, that's all I have heard from all the long term Wii guys. Even if the WiiU has better graphics than the PS360, come on, you are arguing semantics. The graphics difference is upgraded, but mimimal compared to the graphics differences the regular Wii has.

Wait till the arguments start because you killed someone using a game pad instead of traditional controls....remember the classic control knife lunge argument?

Can I ask, are you really going to shell out $ 300.00 just to play COD? Then, you know right now that you MAY not get DLC? At least you know with the PS360 right now, the DLC will be there.

I'm not trying to knock those who like the WiiU, I like it... it's just I most likely will not shell out all that cash for something that is not significantly above the ps360, with no guarentees of added content. Plus in today's economy, it's better to get a ps360 on Black Friday for a great deal, AND buy the game for the same price.

Asystole you ole dog. How the hell are ya? Long time bro.

Well, the best thing i'm hoping and looking forward to is playing on a cod game with the wii mote and nunchuck, which for me is the way a fps game should be played, but with the added delight of no hacking bullshite, which won't go down well with some people that has replied in this thread, and demolishing those players in a straight fight.

asystole wrote:

I agree.

I still don't give a crap about graphics. I remember back on the blops forums Wii people would talk about how graphics don't matter and good graphics just supports more camping. Now a bunch of these wii players are hopping on the train goin "oMgz WiiU hazz bettrz gRapHicz then PS3/Xbox g0ml". Same thing with kill cams. Irony.........................

Two things I'm excited about is theatre mode and all the killstreaks. :3 Well and the no hackers part :]

Im looking forward to playing in HD, simply coz my crappy composite cables go wavy from time to time and it sucks. Im no graphics whore though.

Im pumped for theater mode, a new game, and deffo dlc, hell I even want elite, I want the full thing, and i`ll pay whatever it takes to get it all. BUT if its not all forthcoming im being completely honest when I say i`ll bail from gaming for good.

If only I was as good with analogs as I am with a wiimote, I wouldnt even be considering buying a wiiU.