29 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 12:57 PM by Blake_II RSS

Black Ops 2 Zombies Prevent Glitchers And Hackers From leaderboards idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycfZPR6WV8

Here are some ways to stop glicthers and hackers appearing on the leaderboards.

Since there is going to be theatre mode in zombies.

You should be able to view the people high on the leaders boards game.

And if they were glitching or hacking you should be able to report them.

And if they were guilty they should get banned from that maps leaderboards.

And if they continue to glitch and hack there zombies rank (prestige) should be reset and they should

be banned from all zombies map leaderboards even the future map packs

Tell me if you like the idea

• Re: Black Ops 2 Zombies Prevent Glitchers And Hackers From leaderboards idea

If they've been proven to have intentionally glitched a game, they receive a permanent ban from the zombie scoreboards.

Im not down for it at all.  I hate glitcher cuz it takes all the fun out of the game but, I dont want my ass to get banned from the game cuz of sum haterz that **** on you you feel me.  Ive never made a glitch, but yo dude it,s not a crime and they will patched them all why worried bout it just enjoy the ******* game peace

I think what this guy means is people that mod the game with things like auto-aim and stuff like that.

The only problem with this is no one is scared of getting banned. First off you only have to make a new ID. Second if we all were worried about getting banned it’s too hard to weed out all the people that need to be banned. The only way to catch these people is to have people like you and I report them. The problem with reporting is people take advantage of the report button. If everyone who plays reports 1 person a day they would have to look through millions of footage to find them. I have a guy that my friends play with and I get stuck playing with all the time. In his opinion someone has a hack or modded controller in every game so he reports them. Its people like him that make the reporting system not work. Now if all you’re looking for are the high rankers on the leader boards, than I guess you have a little better chance.

Yes.  Reset their MP ranks as well.  Hopefull we won't have Zombies ranks.  Only go after people who make it past 30.  If they hack and only make it to 29...then they FAIL!

Also, I hope Treyarch goes back and fixes the glitches, otherwise people will just keep doing it.

They could also make it where when you report someone, you have to submit a video as well to prove the claim.  This shows real intent on the part of the player accusing and evidence for HOW the hacker used the glitch.

That would be good but theres always a glitch

i hope that treyarch make it so we can enjoy zombies in every

Way big zombies fan like glitchs because you can do stuff youre

average player cant looking for new things but taking glitch cheaters

Off leader boards is a very good idea im all for it :)

TARGETZERO

IF a glitch is in the game, its part of the game, so hows it cheating? why should some one be banned, if the developers leave that glitch in the game? glitch or no glitch it still takes skill to survive at the higher levels, wether you use a glitch or not

It's when you make the descision to exploit it to your own gain  that you decide to be a cheater. If you glitch out on accident that's one thing but when you decide to put a f'n shield down and barrier glitch you are making a decision to cheat. It has nothing to do with the developers you might as well have put in up up down down a b a and skipped to the last level. It means you're not as skilled as people who do it on their own and you don't deserve your rank or leaderboard. Nothing elitest but seriously with how much time people who play this game seriously put into it, we don't want to have our hardwork undermined.

I really dislike this idea.  I am an avid zombies player, and I loved Call of the Dead and Moon because when we made it into the later rounds, and I needed to piss or give my son a bottle, it wasn't the end of the game for me because I had a glitch I could sit in for a few minutes.  I think that this made the game more playable, not unfair.  Now yes, I know there were people who abused it, but you know as well as I do that those people sucked, and died out anyway.

I am more concerned about other minor annoyances like having a lobby leader oars, and having a rank for % of headshots rather than eliminating glitches.

I like to think that I have at least somewhat of a life, and I would be a lot less likely to play Zombies with no glitches. 

I would say just take the games players glitched on outta the leader boards, not ban them from the leader boards for good. i have used glitches before but play the game right the majority so why should i get banned for good? I paid for the game just as much as everyone else so why should i get the short end of the stick for something thats in the game. I understand hackers but not glitchers. Glitches is also what makes zombies... get some quick points and off the play the game normal. its not fun at all but going a couple rounds in a glitch to get points is perfectly fine. its like saying anyone who makes a crawler should be banned from the leader board as well. you can just get a crawler on the bus with you and ride that all day, or they use crawlers to get stuff done before a round starts cuz they might not be able to do what they want with a full swarm of zombies

Abusing in game bugs/glitches is called exploitation, which im sure is a bannable offence whether you like it or not. If it happens by accident then what can you do. But purposely using a glitch to your advantage to gain pts per se is definitely exploitation and the player should be a banned no matter the duration of it being used. Yes its in the game and therefore the developers are to blame, but look at it this way, try writing a 2500+ word thesis without any spelling mistakes/grammatical errors. Pretty damn hard, no? That's basically what the developers do via coding, except this is a novel. Nobodies perfect, so obviously theyre going to miss things, but doesnt give you the write to abuse them for the time being.

My friend on ps3 gamertag (slegify) and (infamousRath) did a prestige glitch and can you ban them.

Why dose the leaderbordes stop worrking?

Evidentally they reintroduced the bug again.  Last time, you could remove a certain amount of your friends and you could get to the leaderboards again.  I'm not doing that this time...I'm sick of the lack of support.  Why is it that COD and Black Ops seem to work usually ok as far as the netcode, but zombies netcode sucks so much?  It is rare that I get to play a full game without the thing dropping everyone.  I won't be buying this game again and really want my money back.

I don't see Treyarch ever taking a zero tolerance approach to glitching.  It's hard to say but out of 10 zombie players, I say no less then 2 of 10 are glitchers.  Hence if Treyarch did get serious about glitching they would see their game's popularity significantly decrease.  And why would they want to do that? It really doesn't matter anyways.  All of the good players know the other good players and I can look at a leaderboard and tell who is legit or not. 

here is what i have a problem with .... HACKERS i cant stand them there is a huge problem on ps3 right now #1-#150 on everything is all the same group of people hacking here is the differnce in hacking and glitching.

glitching----------finding and exploiting a internal error or anomoly in the game to benafit the player. so if someone glitches it is on treyarch head for not having already patched it but hacking is when people with modded ps3's or jtag'ed xbox's add programs into the game to (just a example of what people are using on the leaderboards right now) god mode, ray gun and sliqifier when they spawn, turn power on remotely, unlimited ammo, round skip, insta kill mod, mod menu to controll everything, 1 zombie rounds, super jump, no death barriers, in game no clip (abality to walk through walls without die'ing), and many MANY MANY!!!!! more hacks and expliots anyone who is hacking needs to have not only there console banned but ip wifi and router numbers banned from the COD servers

here is what i have a problem with .... HACKERS i cant stand them there is a huge problem on ps3 right now #1-#150 on everything is all the same group of people hacking here is the differnce in hacking and glitching.

glitching----------finding and exploiting a internal error or anomoly in the game to benafit the player. so if someone glitches it is on treyarch head for not having already patched it but hacking is when people with modded ps3's or jtag'ed xbox's add programs into the game to (just a example of what people are using on the leaderboards right now) god mode, ray gun and sliqifier when they spawn, turn power on remotely, unlimited ammo, round skip, insta kill mod, mod menu to controll everything, 1 zombie rounds, super jump, no death barriers, in game no clip (abality to walk through walls without die'ing), and many MANY MANY!!!!! more hacks and expliots anyone who is hacking needs to have not only there console banned but ip wifi and router numbers banned from the COD servers

I admit glitches are at fault with the gaming company for not patching them but me I'm almost ready to ask if I can reset my zombie stats cause of ppl who abuse the use of glitches cause I feel try should be used for toilet or tending to the baby at the very least... I never feel the need to use a glitch because I know what I'm doing just like every other game I play. It's not much to say using a glitch (developers fault) is saying hacking (gamers fault) s the same. Ppl who use either are just not cut out to play the game. I have a hard time finding ppl who actually play the game because of this problem. I admit my account should be banned because of the fact I found one and someone found one where I was sitting on die rise but hey I would rather that than say I made it xx far in that map. Call me stupid but that's how I feel I kinda wish I can reset everything back to how it was when I first started because there was no skill involved due to me falling asleep (late night). Forget bout all you ppl who thing it's the developer's fault it's as much yours for using it as much as theirs for not noticing it right away.

I admit glitches are at fault with the gaming company for not patching them but me I'm almost ready to ask if I can reset my zombie stats cause of ppl who abuse the use of glitches cause I feel try should be used for toilet or tending to the baby at the very least... I never feel the need to use a glitch because I know what I'm doing just like every other game I play. It's not much to say using a glitch (developers fault) is saying hacking (gamers fault) s the same. Ppl who use either are just not cut out to play the game. I have a hard time finding ppl who actually play the game because of this problem. I admit my account should be banned because of the fact I found one and someone found one where I was sitting on die rise but hey I would rather that than say I made it xx far in that map. Call me stupid but that's how I feel I kinda wish I can reset everything back to how it was when I first started because there was no skill involved due to me falling asleep (late night). Forget bout all you ppl who thing it's the developer's fault it's as much yours for using it as much as theirs for not noticing it right away.

Prolly will never happen but.......they should freeze yer high round when you finish the current match for 24 hoursish. Whilst employees of treyarch look over the game, then they will be able to see each and every exploiter. Then after it has been verified they release it to the leaderboards.

Sure this would mean they would have to hire a dedicated team, but sh!t they have the money.

I would be happy to wait for my leaderboard posting if i knew all the rest on said boards were all legit.

Doesnt take long to spot an exploiter.

I have called activision and tweeted them about the glitchers for MOD and boosters for Grief and so far they've done nothing about it. They don't give a sh*t.