5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 4:25 PM by 007Legend105 RSS

WHO WOULD MAKE A GOOD BOND

HI EVERYBONDY HERE IS A QUESTION THAT IS ALWAYS ASKED SOMETIME OR ANOTHER WHO WOULD MAKE A GOOD BOND YOU ANSWERS PLEASE

• Re: WHO WOULD MAKE A GOOD BOND

There are two developers that I think would make excellent Bond games, and in doing so would finally supercede the original GoldenEye game. Naughty Dog is the first one, simply because they have done so excellent a job with the Uncharted series, which shares many similarities with the Bond films.

But my preferred option would be Rocksteady. Their Arkham titles have finally given Batman the quintessential game. Eurocom has taken many leads from the Arkham series for Legends, particularly regarding stealth. I think Rocksteady could create a truly authentic 007 experience and, unlike Naughty Dog, would have an appealing challenge in creating a brand new shooter mechanic and the altogether different mood to Batman.

I agree with Danster. Rocksteady would make a great bond game. Or even better is Ubisoft Toronto using the Unreal Engine to make Splinter Cell (Blacklist). This Stealth/slow-mo gameplay looks awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuhfD48VRGE

SC:Blacklist makes 007 legends seem like a high school project. Ubisoft also makes Assasin's Creed. If they get their hands on the bond they would make a killing now that Assasins Creed is slowing down they need a new title. In fact I could just write to MGM and get the title back from Activision.

Also the game that writes "Tactical Insertion" as its subtitle would be Kojima's Metal Gear Solid. He definately is a James Bond fan and they would make an awesome bond with so much detail and even humor(not bad humor, but actual humor that only bond fan gamers understand). Imagine Snake pulling a co-op with bond, epic. Although it would have to be released in Japan first with a Japanese voice for bond, throw in some j-chessy drama aswell.

All in all Eurocom and Activision are wasting a great title. Since everything is about to change to mobile gaming, maybe this is the last console bond game.

Good choices yourself, GoldenFist. I've heard Ubisoft's name mentioned more than a few times as having the potential to make a definitive Bond game. And going by their MGS series, Kojima would probably be enthusiastic to include the more fantastical elements of the Bond franchise. Of course, there would be a fear that they would go down the Die Another Day path and make Bond a too sci-fi.

My personal favourite remains Rocksteady but they seem to be having too good a time with Batman to move on to something else. Any of these four suggestions would be welcome and I hope EON gives the licence to one of them in 2014 (that's when Activision's run should be over).

I think that the developers of Hitman: Absolution should make the next Bond game.