1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 136 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 6:27 AM by NorwayAceHD1 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 110. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

Feature Request:  Please make the install to HDD option available:

- During the initial setup (with a note it will take 3-5 minutes on average to install).

- And/or from the single-player menu

- And/or from the zombies menu

I am probably in the small percentage of customers who do not play any of the COD games online.  I prefer a single-player experience only.  I was able to install the HDD textures from the multiplayer menu successfully, however, that would be the last place I would look for such an option.  Throught I'd ask for this a feature request for other customers who may be in the same category of "single-player only".

[End Result unrelated to this thread:  Unfortunately, that and the 1.0.4 patch didn't fix the freezing issues during video playback.  Introduction video before initial setup, first video for first mission, all unplayable and froze the PS3.  Skipping the videos, while possible, significantly diminshes the single-player experience.  One hour later, I found myself putting the game back into the case with now have an unhappy view of the COD series.  Thankfully the retailer I purchased the game from will take it back with a full refund.  Will try again in a year or so when the issues are fixed in future patches ... probably available used at that point as well].

• 111. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

HELP

Gametag- tvueher

PS3

I was level 55. I didnt even prestige and got changed to level 1!

• 112. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

MULTIPLAYER FOR CALL OF DUTY IS GARBAGE FIX THE LAG COMP IN THIS GAME HOPE THIS GOES OUT TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN TREYARCH FIX THE DEDICATED SERVERS  BECAUSE RIGHT NOW THIS GAME IS SOME SHITTTTT. FIX THE MULTIPLAYER ALL WE ASKING PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ>:/

• 113. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

mizanur wrote:

Thanks for sharing that good news with us. Imagine a full install on a solid state drive D

Hopefully its a meaningful size and it does make a difference to the bluray workload.

I got the texture installed on my SSD.

Nothing noticeable.

• 114. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options
                callodoodygame

i installed textures.

didnt help. 

nothing can help this POS disposable game. 

the new one will be leaking any day now.

• 115. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options
                  sstang1

The Texture Install was not to improve game performance as Black Ops 1 and Black Ops 2 both "pre-cache" the files before the start of the match.  It is meant to save needless wear and tear and endless reads from the Blu-Ray drive - which is a great thing.

I go back and do Clan Ops on MW3 and cringe at the constant grinding and chirping noises coming from my Blu-Ray drive and pray that MW4 will also give us this install option it has been a great addition to the PS3 version of the game.

Thanks again to Vahn for listening to us on this one.

• 117. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

About time though.  Now how long will it be before they give us the option of installing the game to the hdd like gran turismo 5 allows. 

• 118. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options
                      zKaiser007z

Can somebody please tell me whats going on is ps3 still under maintenance or what?

• 119. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

Is anyone else having problems with the game crashing at the end of defend the facility during campaign mode?

I completed this level but when it finishes the small cut scene and goes to a satalite view at the end the game stops. I can still bring up the menu with the start button and bring up the ps3 menu with the ps3 button but the game does not move on from there... it just stops... I cant get the game to go on to the next level.