1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 136 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2014 6:27 AM by NorwayAceHD1 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • Test #1
        90. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

Black ops 2 has a lot of issues SMG'S are over powered in this game. They need to nerfed SMG its crap hipfire all day SMG's its retarted how people even bother using these guns. The lag is terrible in this game. They need to pay attention to fix the servers correctly instead releasing the DLC. Not very smart of them.

Last Edited: Nov 27, 2012 11:28 PM
        • Test #1
          91. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

Lets keep the posts in here about the Texture install - ok ?

I did the texture install before I ever played a single game - I have played almost 40 hours of MP and have only had about 6 freezes - only 2 since the last patch.

I think doing this helps as I've seen people say they are freezing all the time - I haven't had near that much problem.

Last Edited: Nov 28, 2012 5:25 AM
          • Test #1
            92. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

The first 2 things i did were install the textures and set the game to default to the multi-player menu and i have only had 2 freezes since launch day and thats on an old fatty PS3 that is almost 6 years old with a lot of gaming mileage on it..

Last Edited: Nov 28, 2012 5:13 AM
            • Test #1
              93. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

My old fatty finally packed it in this year with the YLOD disease, R.I.P.

Unfortunately I did lose my abusive message list. I have about 20 on one slim, 30 on another but had my first 50 abusive messages on my fatty. I'll miss it and them.

May your fatty spin long and prosper.

Last Edited: Nov 28, 2012 5:26 AM
              • Test #1
                94. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

Thanks man, i just hope you gave your old fatty a proper send off.....

Last Edited: Nov 28, 2012 5:43 AM
                • Test #1
                  95. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

If you are having freezing issues and HAVE NOT done this texture install - You should do it - Not saying it will solve all your problems but it may help some and a few freezes are better than alot.

There was a forum member earlier today that said he was getting constant freezes while loading textures - I recommended the install and he then reported things were working much better.

If your having freezing problems - give this a try.

Go to Multiplayer - Options - Bottom option will be "Install Textures to Hard Drive"

Install them.

Mods - is there any chance to get this thread "Stickied" ?? - Any thread created by Vahn should be stickied IMO.

Last Edited: Nov 30, 2012 6:41 AM
                  • Test #1
                    96. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

This^^^ +1!

Since installing textures I've had one freeze, and that was after two consecutive host migrations.

Also, setting my connection to 'Best' (via square button in playlists) helped massively with lag. Go figure!

Cheers

Last Edited: Nov 30, 2012 6:56 AM
                    • Test #1
                      97. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

Glad to hear it helped. 

Last Edited: Nov 30, 2012 7:02 AM
                      • Test #1
                        98. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

I have no idea why the Mods won't sticky this thread - people have said that installing the textures reduces freezing and the thread was created by Vahn himself.

Why not sticky a thread that might actually help people ?

Alot of the posters on the forum are not even aware this option exists.

Anyone ?

Last Edited: Dec 1, 2012 9:22 AM
                        • Test #1
                          99. Re: PS3 Install Textures Options

I agree 100%.

Last Edited: Dec 1, 2012 9:24 AM
                          1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next