20 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 10:08 PM by dakingofcash RSS

riot shield in zombies

i wonder how you get the the riot shelds that they got?mabe they got it from the mistery box?

• Re: riot shield in zombies

Nah look at my post dude, you have to make the riot shields yourself, its probably one of the buildable weapons we keep hearing about. There are two parts I spotted in the trailer, one at the 0:58 mark, red ladder on the right, and one at the 1:00 mark, door on the left :)

I know it's a mystery box, but c'mon...

"Please give me something good box, please!"

*-950 points*

"M8A1... Ballista... SMR... M1216... Two car doors welded together?!"

I don't see it happening for some reason.

Okay.  So two hits with the Riot Shield takes down one guy in MP.  Now we are to assume that A: a HORDE of Zombies can't knock Riot shields, and B: Riot Shields should kill zombies in one hit because...Zombies are allergic to lead paint?

Add to the fact Riot shields are supposed to be buildable "weapons".  Obviously the weapons in quotes is to denounce riot shields as a feasible melee weapon, just as they are in MP.

Which leaves me with the opinion, why include them in the new zombies?

Btw, Riot Shields ARE buildables.  They do not come from the mystery box.  Many sources denote riot shields as an example of the buildables in BO2.  Still not official, I suppose...but that's because most questioned asked get a *Shrug* in repsonse.

On the tranzit mode you can forge items from around the map together to make buildables... u make the riot shield and other weapons to. If u watch the trailer closely u can see that u are able to set down the riot shield and shoot through it....

Any idea to how we can build these things?  Maybe there's some new form of currency other than just points?  Like headshot points?

I think you build your own riot shield. I also think it's not powerful but it will mostly help you to keep Zombies from you for a little time.

Lol.  I want to see a conversation bubble when the zombies see a guy with a Riot Shield.  It goes something like this, "Oh, no.  He has a Riot Shield.  What do we do?"  Another zombie says, "Do we let him hit us and pretend to fall down?"  The other one says, "Yeah, and give him a bunch of points for his effort!  It's not like everyone is Brave enough to use a Riot Shield!  After this we can bend over and pretend to like hipfire, but secretly we think it POWNS!" 

Not sure how I feel about Riot Shields in Zombies.  On one hand it is a good defensive tool, but on the other hand, as a weapon I dont see how it could be successfully applied to Zombies.....unless u can pull off a headshot w/ it.  its essentially the same as bumping into a zombie really hard and hoping they die.  I can see how in certain situation it would be great to catch ur breath and collect yourself, like back into a corner survey the situation, and then act, but as a long term weapon, I dont see it working too well unless there is some aspect of it we arent aware of yet, which is entirely possible....

I have kind of a funny what if thought... Maybe on the riot shield you can roll down the window, wait for the zombies to stick their heads in, then roll the window up... lol cause my brother did this when i was a kid and it hurt... lol instant decapitation

Hmmm...*Train passing by*

That was the logic train and you missed it.  It hurt huh?  It didn't decapitate you?  How is it supposed to decapitate zombies?  They are full grown people/zombies.  I want to meet the person that can "roll" up and window and decapitate someone.

Riot Shields are BS on Zombies and Treyarch is running with it.  They are not for serious zombie people who know what they are doing.  They show a Riot Shield blowing away zombies like it's the Thundergun.  Ummm, how?  Because you take ten minutes to find and build a piece of junk...so they have to make it UNBELIEVABLY strong.  This is a developer's wet dream come true.  Think of how many times you have died by the crossbow on MP and you'll know what I mean.