34 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 1:04 PM by aosungrateful RSS

auto aim.

not important on main consules, very imortant on WiiU.

autoaim will have to be balanced between all the control skemes. currently the autoaim users on the normal controler win because of autoaim. wiimote users sometimes beat them but over all need good skill with wiimote to do so. if autoaim is completly taken out then the wiimote players tend to win more, but they also take more skill to use.

id vote to eather give wiiremote autoaim simmilar to goldeneye, or to give very weak autoaim to the normal controlers, slightly improved for the pad users, and none of the wiimote users to balance it out. 3rd would be no autoaim peroid.  goldeneye autoaim wouldnt really fit the feel to well so i vote for little to no autoaim.

• Re: auto aim.

Aim assist has to go. But of course, cod being a noob friendly game, they will leave it in. Hopefully it is useless.

And on the wii mote takes more skill thing. COMPLETELY AGREE!

like2nap03

I say take out aim assist period. 

Padiego

^THIS^

THEY SHOULD JUST REMOVE SUPPORT OF EVERY CONTROLLER EXCEPT THE WII MOTE, BECAUSE THAT"S HOW FPS ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED GOD DAMN IT.

nintendon't

You need aim assist on Dual Analogs to keep the contols smooth. That's just the way it is, no if's and's or but's about it. Dual Analogs are very imprecise without it.

Honestly though, you don't need aim assist on the Wiimote at all. I have it off all the time in Reflex and I stack choppers like a boss all day every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXz0a10jag

The Wiimote controls are very precise and don't need Aim assist. They're very similar to a mouse.

like2nap03

I agree with the wii remote thing.  It doesn't need aim assit.  I've never used it.  It's very precise as it is. 

Dual analog though.  Ok, give it some aim assist, but not this aimbot quickscoping nonsense.  It will never be as precise as pointer controls.  If you want the most precise aiming, learn to use a Wii remote (not you personally, I know you can use a wii remote).  I mean that's the whole point of playing COD on the Wii anyway.  To use pointer controls. 

nintendon't

There has never been any "aimbot" quickscoping on Wii with dual analogs. It's actually harder to snipe with the CCP on Wii in Black Ops versus the other systems because the Wii never got the quickscope buff patches that came out on PS3/360. (Treyarch dropped Wii support by then).

On MW3, the CCP has little to no aim assist. It's still slightly better because the Wiimote's scope controls are terrible, but it still takes a hell of a lot more skill to do versus the other consoles again because of the CCP's overnerfed aim assist.

nintendon\'t wrote:

It's actually harder to snipe with the CCP on Wii in Black Ops versus the other systems because the Wii never got the quickscope buff patches that came out on PS3/360. (Treyarch dropped Wii support by then).

Is this why i find it more funner to snipe on BO than on MW3?
                              gah after the ipod update I find these emoticons very lacking...

Aim assist sucks even when you're using it. Why? How about the fact that if an enemy runs in front of the guy you're aiming at, your gun will almost always lock onto the person running past, completely spoiling your aim?

No one likes aim assist. No one.

aim assist just makes you aim at someone when you ADS.

nintendon't

T-boss wrote:

id vote to eather give wiiremote autoaim simmilar to goldeneye,

That's what it is now...that's the reason people think the ACOG sight has more aim assist when it doesn't. The lock on is only noticeable when you ADS alot.

One of these days I'm gonna make a video proving that dual analogs in Black Ops and MW3 (to an extent) were more or less perfectly balanced...knife lunge included. They need to bring dual analogs back up to Black Ops standards and keep the Wiimote where it is in MW3.

Also there's no autoaim on the CCP. All aim assist does is slow down your sensitivity and add a weak pull when your crosshair is on a target while ADSing to compensate for dual analog's lack of precision. It doesn't "aim" for you at all.

like2nap03

It's not even close to Golden Eye.  Are you crazy?  Golden Eye has aim bot aim assist when you ADS. MW3's aim assist for the Wii remote doesn't do anything unless you have Acog. 

nintendon't

I will make a video of it some day this month.. I did some "tests" in private matches in Black Ops and MW3.

like2nap03

Did you "tests" involve any of your "friends" running any codes?

Kidlat beat ya to it already lol

watch?v=zgJc90qzueE&feature=g-u-u

like2nap03

Yeah he did.  It's insane how much aim assist the wii remote has.  I had no idea.  Then again I don't use it.  I tried it at first and found that it didn't seem to help me for whatever reason.  I do better aiming on my own.  Also crazy how the aim assist was for the ccp in Black Ops.

I still say aim assist shouldn't be in the game at all.  The only time it would be a problem is on the Wii U because of the accuracy of the Wii remote.  I think that if you want the best controls, you should take the time to master the Wii remote.  Reward the players that put the effort into it instead of giving crazy aim assist to those who don't. 

Obviously they won't leave it out.  Gamers these days want everything to be easy.  And they still call themselves hardcore.  I laugh at that. 

you have to be high. only explenation to golden eye autoaim. or you never played it with wiimote.

goldeye is to the point were you just push the aim button and fire, autoaim does the rest. in BO (never played MW3) i actualy had to aim.

you need autoiam similar to golden eye to give controlers autoaim to the same/similar balance. or completly take it out for both.

did like goldeye sniping more than BO.

Aim-assist should be strong on analog based controllers because of the inaccuracy. Not too strong till ADS sticks to the enemy though.

Wiimote should get SOME aim assist but the Wiimote is already accurate as it is.