OK. We need to have these steps completed before we can determine any other causes.
1. Disable any firewall or security features on your router - http://portforward.com/english/routers/firewalling/routerindex.htm -
2. Set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Xbox 360. This game uses port 3074 (UDP/TCP)
Additionally Xbox Live requires ports 80, 53 (TCP) and 88, 53 (UDP).
** www.portforward.com can be of use when assigning ports also**
3. Place your Xbox 360 into the DMZ of your router
This link below is only if your having connection problems once assigning the static IP
NOTE: If setting port forwarding or DMZ helps your connection issue, you may want to assign your Xbox 360 a static IP address within your home network. This can help to ensure that the configurations you made do not need to be done again.
NOTE: Many broadband internet modems are coming with routing capabilities built in. Please contact your internet service provider to determine if your internet modem has an integrated router. If it does, they should be able to assist you with the steps above for setting up your router.
4. If all fail, disconnect your router and try the game. If it works regularly at this point something about your router may not be completely compatible with the specific needs of this game. Check with your router manufacturer and Microsoft's Xbox Live Networking Help page for additional steps that may need to be done to resolve the issue you are having.
5. You can also check the following link to verify that you have an Xbox Live compatible router.
6. Once you have verified that your network setup is not the cause of the issue, try the following
- Try connecting to a different server. Some servers may have other players connected to them that you do not have an optimal connection with. In most games this is accomplished by backing out to the main menu and then selecting multiplayer again. From there you can try connecting to another online game.
- Run the Xbox Network Self Test to see how strong your NAT is currently set to. Turn on your Xbox 360 without a disc inside and go to "My Xbox", select "System Settings"-> "Network Settings" then choose "Test Xbox Live Connection" and let the test run. Once the test is completed you will be notified if there is an issue with your connection. If you select "More Info" you will be given information about your NAT type and some steps to resolve any issues with your connection.
I've done all of the above, it's nothing to do with my connection or settings, it's a fault in the dlc4, I've deleted the dlc and really downloaded and it still doesn't work, so I've had to delete the dlc4 and as soon as I deleted it it works straight away with no problem, as soon as I download it again it stops working, this is clearly a fault / bug with the map pack, if you can tell me how I can get a refund I would appreciate it, this isn't what I paid for. Many thanks for trying to help though, (my connection is solid,Nat is alwaysopen ,signal strength is always all green bars etc, it is 100% the dlc4 which has done this, and I'veread other people have the same problem, I just want my money back please
DLC are updates for the console, they do not have any affect with connectivity or loss of matchmaking. We strongly suggest to double check the information provided as the signal bars in game mean the connection strength vs the host. And having an Open NAT type means there is low to no security on the modem/router to interfere with the online functions of the game, however for latency issues like this, the basic troubleshooting still must be performed.
All refunds are handled by the point of sale. If the DLC was purchased through the Xbox Marketplace then Xbox 360 support is who to contact. If the DLC was purchased through a retailer and they provided you with MS points, the retailer would be who to contact.
Well I don't know What's wrong with it, looks like to much hassle to get a refund, it's not my connection because it works fine when I delete the dlc4, and the problem comes back when I re-download it. it's a virgin fibre optic and works fast and very well on everything else, the dlc4 obviously has a problem with it as others on here have the same problem, I read there's also issues with screens going blank and the game nit starting at all after the dlc4 has been installed. I hop thus gets fixed with some kind of update soon. It's 100% the dlc4 which is at fault here.
I have had the same problems for two weeks now, nothing seems to fix this other than uninstalling all of the dlc4 content. My connection is horrendous and lags like hell even in normal hardcore dom lobbies. I got two weeks of full use of the new dlc4 mosh pit lobby before my Xbox dashboard update then been stuck with poor lag or no games found since. not the best value for money. regards Paddy