1 2 3 Previous Next 56 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 11:37 PM by Swanson_HD RSS

Why not just remove quickdraw completely?

brsox

First I want to make clear that this is not a quikckscoping complaint thread.  I just dont see why they are not allowing the QD attachment for sniper rifles in BO2.

The whole point of quickdraw is to give yourself a better chance in a gunfight. It helps your weapon perform slightly out of its class. This applies to any weapon.

If I am using an LMG with QD, it gives me a better chance vs someone with an AR, right? I would actually be able to ADS faster if they didn't have QD attached. How about an AR vs an SMG... Should the AR user ever be able to ADS faster to have a better chance vs the SMG user?

If other weapons have the ability to change ADS speed to better compete with other weapon classes, why can't I do it as a sniper? It is so important to acquire your target quickly while sniping, especially in COD where you die so quickly.

I guess this all comes down to default ADS speeds, but why not just remove QD completely? They could set default ADS speeds and thats it. It would be better balanced and we wouldnt have to worry about weapons performing better in and out of their native ranges.

What do you all think? Would you be happy to see QD gone? I say either Make it available for ALL weapons, or remove it from the game.

• 1. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?
          gutsy

I agree. The removal of quickdraw would help balance weapons. Im pretty sure cod4 didnt have anything that would increase ADS time

• 2. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?

I'd be fine if they removed it completely, but quickdraw is unacceptable for sniper rifles for many people and would garner much hatred and controversy, something 3arc already has plenty of at this point.

Whether or not you say this thread is or isnt related to quickscoping, I think we both know that the only effect of enabling QD on all weapons is to add it to snipers, which would basically enable qsing. 

After all, if you play like a real "sniper" (already be scoped in for a period when firing) right, quickdraw will NOT make or break your game.  For other guns, it does mean a difference.  And thats why it stays for them.

• 3. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?
              rankismet

brsox wrote:

First I want to make clear that this is not a quikckscoping complaint thread.  [...]

What do you all think? Would you be happy to see QD gone? I say either Make it available for ALL weapons, or remove it from the game.

I don't really use it now...

... and I don't care if someone else uses it.

And this was totally a QS thread. Just sayin'.

• 4. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?
                QwertyBoredom

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

• 5. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?

Why do people act like removing QD is needed to stop quickscope? Quickscoping has been in every CoD even CoD4 and WaW before they added SoH Pro in MW2. Quickscoping has nothing to do with the speed at which you ADS it has to do with the speed at which you fire after ADS. They can (and should) allow snipers to use QD or they can leave it out like they are, but Quickscoping will never stop.

• 6. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?

Omg

quickdraw = quicker aiming down sight

quickscoping = quickly bringing up the sniper scope to shoot

ITS IN THE FREAKIN WORD, and you dont think QD helps QSers in any way?

Are you really that black and white about it?  Theres such a thing as middle ground, as long there are fpses and people that are 10 years old, there will be qsing.  But it CAN be decreased, like in BO, where it was sufficiently difficult you didnt see nearly as many as you do in MW games.  This increased the amount of people actually normally sniping or using other weapons, and was one of the reasons the BO gameplay was so balanced in comparison to modern c**ks**k 3.  Are you trying to tell me that BO not having QD for snipers didnt affect their prevalence?

The only thing you can remove to stop qsing is sniper rifles.  nothing else.  But youre trying to imply removing QD has nothing to do with lowering the amount of QSers?

• 7. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?

BO was balanced? All I saw was people using the Famas. That weapon was the end all be all weapon. I just want you to into a MW3 lobby and QS all game, then use the weapon of your choice and see which one give you the better score. Also not having quickdraw on snipers didn't affect the quickscoping it was the fact that when you scoped in there was a sway, and 3arc made you wait until the crosshair stopped swaying before it shot accurately. That is why nobody was sniping for the first 3-4 months of black ops life cycle.

Here is a video to refresh your memory

Here's some of the top commentators talking about it giving reasons why it needs to be changed.

• 8. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?
                        brsox

Quickscoping will happen with or without QD. It just doesnt make sense to me why they let other weapons perform out of their native ranges but exclude snipers. Why is it ok for an Assault rifle user to get an edge on a smg or shotgun user by equipping QD? How is that any different than someone using QD on a sniper rifle to get an edge on someone using an Assault rifle?

And quite honestly, I've probably only heard one person ever complain about being "quickscoped" online. This forum is the only place I ever hear people complain about it. I would personally MUCH rather be killed by someone who is agressively sniping than someone sitting in a corner spraying at me with an Assault rifle. How can anyone disagree with that?

Please dont give me this "if you play like a real sniper" line.

• 9. Re: Why not just remove quickdraw completely?
                          brsox

What exactly do you consider quickscoping? Cause I'm not talking about half scoping and getting a lucky kill.

Quickly ADSing, acquiring target, and shooting is not "quickscoping". It is making a quick, accurate shot.

1 2 3 Previous Next