21 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2012 5:44 PM by YellowmanWii RSS

Are you still going to play?

I for sure am still going to play the Wii after the WiiU is released. I'm sure I won't be the only one to do so,

I was just wondering how many of you are still going to play too.

• Test #1
          Re: Are you still going to play?

Depends, but probably not. The U will probably take the physical space that the Wii uses in my shelf, but it is backwards compatible, so who knows.

Last Edited: Nov 4, 2012 5:48 PM
          • Test #1

No. Well maybe when I am super bored.

Last Edited: Nov 4, 2012 8:36 PM
            • Test #1

I won't be playing the Wii for a long time.  Aside from Black Ops 2 there's a big list of games I want in the launch window and they will keep me busy.  My wii will be moved to the spare bedroom and only used as a backup for if/when my Wii U needs repairs or on the rare occasion that I want to play an old Gamecube game.

Last Edited: Nov 4, 2012 8:47 PM
              • Test #1

why play the wii when you can play the wii through the U?

i did make a post about how nintendo is going to release one more update to the wii which allows a one time transfer from the wii to the U.....sending all of its files and memory to the U, causing the Wii to reformat itself and be wiped out.

you wont be the only one playing the wii.....but you will be one of few to play the wii through the U.

Last Edited: Nov 4, 2012 11:49 PM
                  • Test #1

EliteKing wrote:

why play the wii when you can play the wii through the U?

A good reason would be less wear and tear on the Wii U disc drive.  Even though i'm sure they made improvements to the drives this time around, and the Wii U won't be loading as much from the disk, the Wii games will still load from the disk.  So Black Ops and MW3 will put just as much strain on the disk drive as it ever did.  Even though the drives are better now it's still something to consider.

@Everyone: That's brings another question for which I can't find an answer.  We all know that framerate drops occur when the hardware can't handle the game.  Take a pc for example.  If your setup can't handle the game at a certain graphics setting, then framerate drops will occur.  Tone down the settings, or beef up the hardware, and you solve the problem.  How will this work on Wii U with Wii games that pushed the Wii too hard and caused framerate drops?  The Wii U will have more than enough horsepower to run the games.  So if MW3 can't hold 30fps (the max for that game) on the Wii because the Wii can't handle it, will it hold 30fps on the Wii U with the beefed up hardware?  I don't know that it will, but I can't think of a reason as to why it wouldn't.

Last Edited: Nov 5, 2012 12:14 AM
                  • Test #1

As not all members of my clan will be getting the wii u straight off the bat, I will definitely be playing with those people as much as possible until they get one.

Last Edited: Nov 5, 2012 8:46 AM
                    • Test #1

No.....once I get my WiiU and BO on launching date...is bye bye for me.

1) Graphics are very outdated.

2) Numbers of players in matches are decreasing in both BO and MW3

3) Hackers took over MW3

4) Stats tracking and leaderboard fails in both BO and MW3 (I only care about COD games cause of their competitive factor, I actually find other franchises better suited for teamplay FPSs....COD is all about individualism and stats)

5) The fact I get backwards compatibility will make me donate or sell my Wii...most of the Wii games I have I like and give me lots of replay value...except COD ones that will go to the garbage bin. I'm not resentful, it just that these game are not at today's standards and look very updated, and I don't think that COD developers really used Wii to its maximum capability.

Last Edited: Nov 5, 2012 12:27 PM
                      • Test #1

Padiego, not sure if u shot down my chopper, but i will see ya on the WiiU. Amen to the Wii being tossed in the bin. Hackers so ruined the game and the graphics are ****. But, I kept coming back for the friends I made.

Last Edited: Nov 5, 2012 5:13 PM
                        • Test #1

Yes I would still play wii console since all my data for mw3 and BO are on it and I cannot transfer it. For me, I don't want to restart my progress at all.

Last Edited: Nov 5, 2012 5:44 PM