29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 8:55 AM by A251 RSS

Am I less of a player using what I use?

I consider my self a better than good player.. YEAH I SAID IT!

But with that being said, I wanted to know what you guys thought about that statement knowing I use silencer and ghost.

BEFORE YOU GUYS START, IN MOST CASES I CAN ACHIEVE THE SAME RESULTS RUNNING AROUND WITHOUT SILENCER AND GHOST BUT THE REASON FOR ME USING WHAT I USE IS BECAUSE I JUST DON'T LIKE TO SHOW UP ON THE MAP.

For those who wonder what better than good means, well in domination I manage to get weekly spm's of 400+ (top 100) and I get just 100+ game a day and I almost always end up with the highest score / kills / captures in the game.

When it comes to tdm I consider myself alright, because with a spm of 600+ (top 500) knowingly my friends get 750+ I can't really really act tuff about that.

When it comes to ffa, I use the most stupid combinations trying to end 2nd but it never works.. not ending 1st place isn't happening too much but my spm sucks cos I'm just playing around.

*** With all of this being said, I only play domination and tdm with silencer and ghost. I know and I also think by playing stealth that people are not aware of my present therefore the chance of slaughtering people is higher than running at them without silencer. But then again, how many ghost players you know that still don't end up with very high kills!

Sooo.. am I less of a player using what I use or is it it what it is and am I allowed to?

• Re: Am I less of a player using what I use?

ghost is slighlty OP, i personly dont consider that a problem. same with silancer. my questions would be aroudn stuff like do you use famas, motion senser, ect.   i will say ghost needs a nerf from teh BO version =/.

I don't use Famas, yes I used it a lot and yes even from time to time when I want to switch it up I use the Famas but I'm more AK47, Galil and Commando.

I'm more with the claymore but hell yeah I camp my ass of in Jungle in their spawn with a motion sensor, hell yeah I camp my ass of in the middel building in WMD with a motion sensor.

But when I'm not acting lazy I'm just run'n'gun with strapped with a claymore.

To me you just sound like a D-Bag coming here to try and look good. Fail

Not at all, I live a comfortable enough life to understand bragging rights won't get me anywhere here. It's not that girls will ask for my number and all that after dropping stats here.

I ask this because sometimes when playing against these top 500 players a lot of them text me that I only did what I did because of using ghost and silencer. In many rematches when they decide to stay NOT ALWAYS but a lot of times I prove them wrong by using hardline and no silencer.

But those people are just very good players "and they know what they're talking about".

I just wanted to know from people here what they thought, and admitting to using ghost on a forum that hates ghost would be a stupid attemp to look good!

phxs72

You could just happen to be the greatest thing since sliced bread with those kinds of SPM's but if I am to put out a wild guess, I'd have to say that more likely you have a lag advantage if those SPM's while objective playing are an average of all of your gameplay and not just the highlights.  It's a wild guess.  I know some really beastly players in CoD but I've never seen anybody maintain that high of a SPM.  Could just be that I'm not running in a high enough circle of friends and if so I tip my hat to you sir.  That's an impressive record.  I see nothing wrong with using whatever is in the game.

Nah, I know those games where I do have advantage.. it's not happening a lot.

A 400+ spm is kinda hard to maintain but not really.

150 for a flag, 50 for a kill. A lot of times I take the home flag, and then I start killing and a lot of time I get a blackbird before I even died.

150 + 7 kills x 50 = 150 + 350 = 500 points.

Then comes the chopper and dogs, and a normal game for me is doing this twice and a good game is doing this 3 times.

By capturing from time to time like 3 times and adding around 60 kills = 450 + 3000 = 3450 score per match. A match is like 8 minutes if not less. 3450 / 8 = 431,25 spm

I just do this to make people understand that it's not that big of a deal to get these scores, and this has nothing to do with bragging but just breaking things down.

This game is 2 years old, for those who have been playing since COD4 have like how many years of experience???

But the reason for opening this topic is that I do encounter a lot of top 500 players and if ever they text me it's always to say THAT I DON'T DESERVE WHAT I DID BECAUSE OF ME USING GHOST AND SILENCE.

I know that nobody is my boss and I don't feel the need to be accepted by "the elite players" but it's still something I would like to know from other people how they are thinking about this.

nicedrewishfela

Play how you want, as long as it is within the rules.

Apart from self promotion tentacles, answer is no. Sleep easy old mate.

BleakProtocol

It's not so much what people use than their playstyle. If you used that set-up and laid in a corner and killed people as they ran past trying to help only yourself. But seeing as you aren't and your SPM is pretty boss.You're all good

codchamp

I can say this as having put serious time in every COD title on the xbox. Use what you want and dont listen to others. i spammed the hell out of the MP5 and M16 in COD4. had over 50,000 kills with the MP-40 in world at war, OMA-RPD'd or tubed in MW2, Spammed the famas in Blops and Type 95'd or Strikerd the hell out of everyone in MW3.

Weapons and perks dont make the people hate you, your skill with those weapons make the other players hate you.

As long as your playing the objective (capping+defending flags) I could not care less what you use how ever IF your just going for kills in a Dom game then I will tell you to GTFO.

rankismet

TryHard187 wrote:

I consider my self a better than good player.. YEAH I SAID IT!

But with that being said, I wanted to know what you guys thought about that statement knowing I use silencer and ghost.

BEFORE YOU GUYS START, IN MOST CASES I CAN ACHIEVE THE SAME RESULTS RUNNING AROUND WITHOUT SILENCER AND GHOST BUT THE REASON FOR ME USING WHAT I USE IS BECAUSE I JUST DON'T LIKE TO SHOW UP ON THE MAP.

For those who wonder what better than good means, well in domination I manage to get weekly spm's of 400+ (top 100) and I get just 100+ game a day and I almost always end up with the highest score / kills / captures in the game.

When it comes to tdm I consider myself alright, because with a spm of 600+ (top 500) knowingly my friends get 750+ I can't really really act tuff about that.

When it comes to ffa, I use the most stupid combinations trying to end 2nd but it never works.. not ending 1st place isn't happening too much but my spm sucks cos I'm just playing around.

*** With all of this being said, I only play domination and tdm with silencer and ghost. I know and I also think by playing stealth that people are not aware of my present therefore the chance of slaughtering people is higher than running at them without silencer. But then again, how many ghost players you know that still don't end up with very high kills!

Sooo.. am I less of a player using what I use or is it it what it is and am I allowed to?

You pimp your stats when it has nothing about your question...

It has everything to do with my question!

Let me break it down for you..

Is getting a high score in game worthy to be considered good when using a "noob" or "easy" set up.

Example, if you go in a room where 3 players are and you are using a silence gun.. chances of killing them all are higher than using a gun that will appear on the map when firing because then the 3rd person may notice you and kill you.

Well, doing this the whole game (playing stealth) will slim your chances to get killed..

I honestly think I'm "smart" enough to play stealth and I deserve these scores, I don't think people should text me afterward claiming I should not play stealth to get these scores.

Use whatever the **** you want man. It's in the game and able to be selected together go for it! As long as you don't sit in every nook and cranny while rockin ghost & silencer you can tell them all to **** off. It's your playing preference so use whatever best fit your skills.

I'm not a huge fan of ghost unless Im sniping to be honest, but you better believe I have the suppressor on over half my guns

vims1990

Use whatever you want but don't whine when someone kills you with the same setup

Listen, OP, if you dont hack, exploit, or cheat, and you use what the devs put in the game, you should never worry about your playstyle or what perks/equipment/streaks you use.  They GAVE it to you to use, if it's anyone who is "responsible", it would be them.  There are tons of posters on here that will try to get a shot in on YOU though, believe me, I've been the target of these attacks, but remember this: theyre just pathetic little posters that will try to bring you down so they can feel a sense of superiority about their playstyles, as if they own your game or xbox.  All they are is a string of text on a forum you likely wont visit after a couple weeks/months.  Just play.

Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion.

You don't want to bring a knife to a gunfight, do you?

By not playing with the better weapons and class setups, you are inherently putting yourself at a disadvantage, especially if everyone else is using it - think ACR in MW3.

Sometimes it's fun to add variety - I love using another wepaon and beasting in MW3 in an ACR or MP7 lobby. But you are ultimately puting yourself at a disadvantage when playing against similar skilled players by not using the stronger setups.

The issue also isn't with the setup, it's with how it's used. If you use ghost + ninja + suppressor in Black Ops to be "that" type of player, then hell yes you deserve all the criticism that is coming your way.

But if you are using it to play aggressive and flank and generally be a pain in the ass to the enemy, then you are fine.

ghamorra

I will generate my own personal opinion of someone based on what they used. I have my own personal beliefs that 90% of those who use SMGs are skilless and spam. Does that make it the truth?
                                            Absolutely not, because that's my opinion based on my experiences. I will never chastise someone because they're using what's available to them, but like every humanbeing, I do form my own opinion

brsox

If you constantly use the best class setups, thats kinda sad. I think it does make you less of a player. I might even go as far as to say it makes you less of a person. Why not challenge yourself a little bit? It's just a game.

Nice to see this one coming, I do "challenge" myself by switching it up.. but I will always use AR's. And basically once you can handle the recoils it's basically all the same.

The challenge really is to handle the recoil, but other than that.. if you play well it's just about aiming and holding down that trigger.

If I REALLY had to challenge myself I would have to run around with a sniper, shotgun, pistol or whatever AND I SURE WILL NOT DO WELL truth been told.

short of hacking, glitching, modding etc. use whatever you want and play however you want and how gives 2 shi**s what anyone thinks

Unless they are giving you $70 for the game, they have no right to tell you how you should or should not be playing

Its not the camper, rusher, bush sniper or any type of playstyle that makes you a bad player.

A bad player is someone who sits in one spot for minutes on end, doing absolutely nothing, not looking not moving, just nothing.

The biggest thing in can stress to anyone to become a better player is constant moving and looking, aiming.

The more you do these things the better you will become, more familiar with your aiming,movement,ads speed and your controller.

A player that does nothing, learns nothing

And a player that does everything, gets better at everything. (some just less than others)

As for equipment, the motion sensor, this promotes camping since you need to always be in its area for it to be effective. While i have nothing against camping, anything thats helps you do it is pathetic.