4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 4:03 AM by trialstardragon RSS

League game play.

From what I have been hearing about how the league rates you as a player individually and when playing on a team it smells somewhat fishily like Halo: Reach's competitive list where the same thing was basically done. Halo reach had league play with multiple levels and you had to play so called opening matchs to get placed within a league and if you did better you improved your position and if done worse you dropped back down. I wonder if it will have the same form of seasons where the leagues are reset once every few months and than stated again to allow the race to the top to happen once more.

• Re: League game play.
          nicedrewishfela

That is what I have heard.

If it does and is similar to that then really league play will not be innovative at all and just a borrowed gimmick from a different game. Just about how Elite is similar to the Halo stats webpage too.

maccabi

trialstardragon wrote:

If it does and is similar to that then really league play will not be innovative at all and just a borrowed gimmick from a different game. Just about how Elite is similar to the Halo stats webpage too.

Elite is nothing like halos stats pages, for starters the halo stats pages work.;)

I would be very surprised if there isnt a really short 1st season for leagues just so they can iron at any wrinkles before it starts proper..especially as elite will be keeping the leagues/ladders information for everyone to see.. or rather not see if its elite

Point to you Mac

I meant they are similr but as you clearly stated they do not work the same.

Toward the league play that is the same as what Reach did too. So would not suprise me if they did it that way as well.

Sort of feels like 3arc copied Bungies work but failed in the execution of it. Wonder if the league play with be the same since not a lot of players liked Reach's league play.