45 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 11:18 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Black Ops 2 has probation

i've played the game and had alot of fun . some lobbies i go into the team i get put on is losing horribly . so i back out to find a better room , but wait , i get a warning for backing out of a lobby and they threaten me with probation . here's the kicker , i didn't play the game for 2 full days and i got online , went to a lobby , then the match started . then my friends send me an invite to play with them . so i accept the invite and when i get to their room i get put on probation for backing out of a match . so i get penalized for accepting an invite from my friends ? this probation needs to be removed from the game completely . what if someone tries one of each gametype and backs out because it isn't for them . now they get put on probation ? probation for back out , what the heck . what if i have to back out and shut my system off because i have to go to work . am i gonna get put on probation for that too ?

• Re: Black Ops 2 has probation

i have never had this happen to me and i back out and accept invites from friends all the time

footballrule

Backing out ruins the game for everyone. You leave your team short a player, so they have even less of a chance at winning. You make it easier for the enemies because they have one less player to worry about killing them. I like the probation idea and it honestly should be longer and happen more often.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the match making didn't suck so bad.

i fully understand that aspect of it , but if they are going to penalize people for backing out , then put people in lobbies where the game hasn't started , don't put them in the middle of a slaughter with no chance of winning

Put a re-entry timer, like three minutes, if you quit out of a game. It would keep people from quiting games with less than three minutes left that are losing or discourage rage quitters without penalizing people who quit alot cause of conenctions or cheaters (modders, connection manipulatuion, boosting) or people that have to tend to emergencies (like my firefighter friends who play at the station but obviously need to quit alot) or have kids. Seems pretty simple, the probation as it is now seems arbitrary since I never was told this would happen, but after quitting three seperate matches on three seperate occasions I signed on today to find I was banned!?  I have kids and need to quit alot, so if this keeps up I guess I'll stop playing and paying for map-packs and MW4 etc.

Yes happened to me yesterday lol the night before I switched off the Xbox and went to bed next day turned it on and I had probation lol

Also watched a vid in theater after a game then when I was finished went to go in a lobby and was put on probation :/ but I'm sure that was just a one off bug as its not happened since .

its honestly stupid, Over in my area we got hit by Hurricane Sandy,  and ever  since, alot of my Friends and mines including have been getting Spotty  internet connections, iE, we Join a Game, Lag happens, the whole thing  freezes, I have no choice to go on my Dash bored or Shut my Xbox off  altogether, Alot of people I know have taken their copy back, or Sold  it, I'm almost thinking about it, this lil feature really ruined a  pretty decent game

I keep getting booted from games from Hosts rage quiting or dashboarding, I got booted from a game from split screen team killing me i get PROBATION wtf they need to remove this probation or at least make some exceptions for it

I keep getting booted from games from Hosts rage quiting or dashboarding, I got booted from a game from split screen team killing me i get PROBATION wtf they need to remove this probation or at least make some exceptions for it

What they need to do, is stop putting people in losing matches and there won't be as many back outs. I backout of most of the games they put me into. Due to the game almost being over and a loss, or Me getting spawn camped. Games they put you in shouldn't count on your win/loses. unless it's really earlie in the game. I rest my case.

I have had 45 minutes of probation in the last 5 hours of attempting to play.. I can't help it my connection keeps getting interrupted.. this is stupid.. I haven't backed out at all.. just timed out or been interrupted.. I didn't pay for the hardened edition to have this happen to me

I have had probation for killing 2 bots in a private hc game on nuketown, I was kicked from the game and got 5 minutes ! what sort of BS is that ?

Perhaps you kids should stop dashboarding because you got your ass whipped. While I agree that the probation systems need tweaking (i.e. letting you leave before spawning in and not counting a loss), removing it would cause only more problems.

elite_force1uk

as i said in a previous post, MW3 had exactly the same penalty system

when it was released.. only it was for even longer time periods

(think it only lasted 2 days before they gave into the kids and removed it)

dude the servers disconnect twice in a row on me tonight and it put me on probation i didnt back out the game did it for me and i got probation shittty fuckin developers r u 5

I back out of as many games as I have played and never been put on probation ( I dont dashboard ). I

back out if a game is half over  or I see a couple guys on the other team that are like 20-2 and the best player on my team has gone 6-10  or that there is 2 bar or less connections in the game

I think its the dashboarding that gets ya

I agree I keep getting booted due to the horrible lag of the game, so now I am on probation.  I have a 30 mbps connection and its wired and no other game I have has this issue.  They need to remove the probation or I am done buying there games.

starbuckfrack

When you start the game you MIGHT get into the middle of a losing match, sometime you have to deal with that.

After that if you decide to jump a lobby then that is YOUR choice and you have to suffer for your choice.

What it seems like is you like to hop lobbies and if you do then you are the ones ruining it for all the players who dont quit. You also are leaving it open for other players getting pulled into the losing match you quit.

If you would just join the first lobby you are in and STAY there then everything is up to you. Then if you lose at least you accepted it as a man.

They will not remove it. They put it into the game to make the game fair. Only thing that will happen at most is this thread will probably get deleted.

They CARE about the 99.5 percent of the players who play the game and dont quit. They could care less about the quitting 1/2 percent.

You must pay for the game and the service. We know the game has been hacked and there are cheaters. Now you must stay in the game With the cheaters or be put on probation for leaving. The game is geared for the cheaters. And I have not seen anyone get reset or banned for cheating.

The probation system is really flawed. Whenever the game quits out because of the host, I get punished with a probation for something that isn't my fault. They seriously need to get rid of this of at least fix it where host migrations don't effect it.

Just got a probation warning for... wait for it... wait for it.... Teamkills!! Appaerntly if you get booted for team kills now you can get probation warnings. I was playing in hijacked and 2 jack wagons were spawn raping behind the pool. I charged a frag and was shot and killed by one the tools. My grenade dropped and killed 2 people in my party. What a crock of crap! I may turn in COD and just play sports games again.

MrFelon wrote:

i've played the game and had alot of fun . some lobbies i go into the team i get put on is losing horribly . so i back out to find a better room , but wait , i get a warning for backing out of a lobby and they threaten me with probation . here's the kicker , i didn't play the game for 2 full days and i got online , went to a lobby , then the match started . then my friends send me an invite to play with them . so i accept the invite and when i get to their room i get put on probation for backing out of a match . so i get penalized for accepting an invite from my friends ? this probation needs to be removed from the game completely . what if someone tries one of each gametype and backs out because it isn't for them . now they get put on probation ? probation for back out , what the heck . what if i have to back out and shut my system off because i have to go to work . am i gonna get put on probation for that too ?

I see what you mean. it has happen to me alot. The part of being put on the losing team. Of course I've backed out on so many of them, but I never got a warning or probation. The Probation idea isn't bad but seriously needs worked on. Also If they make it to where you do not jump in the middle of the game that will be great too. Almost like how Halo: Reach is set up.

I agree. Probation should be removed... Here's my story.

I was playing FFA, a host migration takes place, and I lost connection in the migration. It sends me back to the xbox live menu, I try to join another match, and it say's I'm on probation! And I haven't even left any other matches before this! This is very frustrating to me and it has happened several times before! Yes, I know probation is there for a reason, but seriously! I don't deserve it when I lose connection from a match!

I have repeatedly been kicked from games due to host issues because they have a bad connection and then I get put on probation because I got kicked so many times. This is completely unfair.

Good in concept not so in practice its got to go.

I just issued myself a lifetime ban from COD. Ive played everyone religiously since WaW. Im getting too old to rage at a video game. I know no one really cares nor should you. My only decision is to put a .223 into the disc or just sell it. Since Im a humanitarian I will put the .223 in it. It may...just may save someone from having heart problems later in life.

MrFelon wrote:

what if someone tries one of each gametype and backs out because it isn't for them . now they get put on probation ? probation for back out , what the heck . what if i have to back out and shut my system off because i have to go to work . am i gonna get put on probation for that too ?

It seems like you can get put on probation mainly for backing out of a League playlist. I play mainly in Public Matches and I've backed out to accept friends invite and not have been put on probation ever.

Also if your ratio of leaving games outweighs (or borderlines) those game you complete... you may have this particular problem.

boobeeny

YES! The probation warning only happens in League Play modes which I actually like because the idea of league play is basic online competition.

I had my entire team leave me behind and I was doing really well so being by myself I was going to leave but got the warning that if I left I'd be on probation.  So I took the coward way out and hide during the rest of the game.  It was pathetic to hide but my streak would have been destroy with 6 against me alone.

this is crap! i remember the last game i played lastnight, we won, i said goodbye to everyone and shut my game off. i get online this morning, IM ON PROBATION. screw this crap. fix it or i sell my game for HALO. i didnt pay $60 to be treated like a kid

I never back out of games unless a friend jumps online and I leave to party up with them, or I have to quit immediately for other reasons (baby crying, etc.).  Not everyone has nothing else going on in their life to where they don't have to quit a game.  Now don't get me wrong, I really like that they add a feature for quitting games because I hate when people dashboard or quit because they are losing or whatever it may be other than good legitamate reasons, but they shouldn't penalize you for backing out of a game every once in awhile.  I am never one that quits a game just because I am getting destroyed, don't like the map, etc, only when a friend jumps online or I have to leave immediately.  I also sometimes get booted from the game because I go afk (again likely my baby crying that I have to attend to). 

I was put on probation multiple times last night, and the worst part was that I found no apparent reasons.  For example, I was put on probation after my final game that I played when I played through the whole match and was all the way back in the match making lobby before backing out.  Talk about messed up!  I'm all for penalizing people who back out of games consistently, but there needs to be something to account for lost connections and the ones who back out on rare occasions should not be penalized.

I don't really mind if they give you 1 min warnings like I have received if you did back out or get kicked from a game on occasion, but it is crap that you do not know that you are on probation until you try to join a new lobby and it pops up a dialog box telling you that you are on probabtion, and if you back out of the dialog box, the probation timer doesn't run and resets when you click to join a game again.

They really need to work out the bugs because being put on probation multiple times in a few hours of playing when never backing out of a game is real crappy.

This probation lark is a joke!!!!! Between the server and my connection failing so much i now get punished for it. WHERE IS THE SENSE IN THAT? I paid good money for this game and to use it!

I agree . I lose connection to the blackops servers in the middle of a game continueously. At least its what the message says.... and about 50 % of the time We get a server switch DURING game. and sometimes I dont get transfered to the new game

now I am being put on probation.

I am in a rural area where the ONLY thing I can get is crappy service.

I neither control the weather or the internet.

But I control my purchases. between the ceaters which arnt being banned and the " good player CRAPPY Connection..... probation thing.

I think Ill go back to Counterstrike ( yes Id rather play a 14 years old game then play or pay for this.). Where I controlled the hacker and my connections .

Please remove the probation stuff.

The answer to people backing out is to make the game better, and fix the horrible lag issues.  I'll keep backing out of bad lobbies, and if they put me on probation, then I wont be playing.  I don't remember any previous CoDs being this bad.

The answer to people backing out is to make the game better, and fix the horrible lag issues.  I'll keep backing out of bad lobbies, and if they put me on probation, then I wont be playing.  I don't remember any previous CoDs being this bad.

If they dont want people backing out of a game then why is there even an option to leave the game. If they really want people to stop backing then they should take out being able to leave a game instead of this probation garbage.

Whats sad is when you dont get disconnected. You stay the entire match, and while waiting in the lobby for the next match to start it kicks you out of the lobby stating you are on probation. My roommate and I never leave matches. We are always staying until the end even in the ones where we are getting spawn camped. Yet we were put on probation between matches 7 or 8 times in a 3 hour block.

Foxhound-Pro

Locking. We've had this discussion, instances of probation and the philosophy behind it, before on our boards and the discussion simply follows a circular pattern of back and forth. Some of those threads still exist. Please search before posting.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II