14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2012 8:26 AM by sennalike RSS

Finding time.

After listening to a player brag about how they had 5 days played, I decided to figure out how many hours a day that results in. Long story short, it's 6.96 hours a day. How do people have that much time to play? We've all had our 5 hour plus marathons, but those are a relativly rare occurance to treat ourselfs after finishing our humanly duties, such as going to school, or going to work, or social contact. At the point of 7 hours a day, have we not reached clinical obsession? I just cannot fathome how a healthy lifestyle can be had with so much imbalance.

• Re: Finding time.

Agree, the most I've played in one day is 4 hours, most of the other days are 2-3 hours sessions except sunday i don't play on that day. I've seen people on 10th prestige the week the game came out and I wonder how many hours they played and I also wonder if they don't get tired of sitting and playing all day. And I think it's an obession after wasting half a day playing video games. For people who need help there is actually a clinic in germany for video game addiction lol

I personally play 4-6 hours a day if it is the holidays. For people who play 6hours on normal days, they are either not working or they don't give **** about doing well in school. 6 hours isn't alot, if you split them up into 1 hour play, 1 hour rest, 1 hour play, etc.

cybizzorg

I don't know, I took leave and it coincided with the games release (unintentional) so I found myself with a great deal of extra time in the day.  Now that I've gone back to work I can't play as much

I bet there was crazy people that quit their job just to play the game for days when it was first release, it's really sad though that people have nothing else to do than just sit in front of a TV all day. Also after a while I tend to get headaches like the post above, and I know people that the only thing the think all day is about playing video games. It seems sad to me.

I think they are just sacrificing sleep. Playing from 7-8pm to 1-2am and a TON on the weekends. When I used to play WoW, that would be the case for a lot of people.

Now that you said that, I wonder if some of this people ever got hallucinations, when there isn't enough sleep the brain starts to play tricks on people, I read somewhere that after 3 with no sleep at all people will died I don't know if it's the truth but the hallucinations are real my psychologist teacher taught me that.

apparently, players like to screw their body clock. Sleeping at 1am to 3am and waking up at like 12 pm?

ghamorra

Hi, my name is Ghamorra and I'm addicted to Call of Duty. At first I didn't think I had a problem, my friends and girlfriend would try to tell me that I was spending too much time playing Playstation but I ignored them and thought they were being selfish. I started to lose friends and my girlfriend left me. At first it didn't bother me much, I didn't really care. But now I'm starting to see that it's me that has a problem, not them

sennalike

I play a lot, pretty much whenever I dont have anything else to do.  But I still see people with huge amounts more time played.  The only possible way I think a lot of it can be done is sharing one player between different people.