11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 6:17 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Hypocritical Perks/Scorestreaks... THE SOLUTION.

brentcers37

In my opinion, there's ONE big problem about Black Ops 2... apart from the constant freezing and lag stutter I always seem to get...

I've honestly had enough of people who think UAV's are overpowered and have decided to use Ghost as a means of hiding from them. But why do I hate this? Because about 95% of people who use Ghost also use the one thing they hate most, UAV's. I've checked most people out who use Ghost and their #1 scorestreak BY A LONG WAY is a UAV. In my opinion, this is absolutely unfair and shows that people have absolutely no skill... just like Assassin Pro on Modern Warfare 3.

My solution? IF YOU USE A PERK THAT COUNTERS SOMETHING, LOCK THE SCORESTREAK THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO COUNTER.

What do I mean?

• If you use Ghost, you CANNOT use UAV's. This way, people who use this perk will not have an unfair advantage by not knowing the position of the enemy UNLESS they earn an Orbital VSAT or receive one in a Care Package.
      • If you use Flak Jacket, you CANNOT use C4. C4 can usually get double or triple kills with ease if people don't have Flak Jacket on.
      • If you use Cold Blooded, you CANNOT use sights such as the MMS, Target Finder and Dual Band. Reflex Sight and ACOG are okay because there is no assist in finding your target and if you can't find your target without help, you REALLY need your eyes tested. Also, you can't use low scoring, player controlled scorestreaks like the RC-XD.
      • If you use Blind Eye, you CANNOT use Hunter Killer drones. This way, it forces you to work for your kills without resorting to those annoying pieces of s**t.
      • Wanna use Hard Wired? Then Counter UAV's will be locked. Because EMP's are a high scorestreak, you can use one if you earn it.
      • Use Toughness? Grip is locked.
      • Use Dead Silence? Awareness is locked.
      • You wanna try your hand at Awareness? Dead Silence is locked.

Tactical Mask? Flashbangs, Concussions and Shock Charges are unable to be used.

If this comes into the game, then it will make the game a lot more evenly-contested than what it is now. There will be no advantage for anybody and it will actually show who has skill. Many people have agreed with me on this and it certainly is a good idea!

• Re: Hypocritical Perks/Scorestreaks... THE SOLUTION.

Meh! Who cares, use what you like, nothing makes you invincible! I'll just kill you, anyway!! What a load of old whiners!

Why do you all expect this game to exclusively cater to YOUR playing style only!?

Good idea but that will just tip the game in favor of another group of players. Treyarch should have left the system the way they had it in BO because now new players are at an immediate disadvantage because they don't unlock ghost until 55, at that rate it offers no incentive for anyone to prestige if they hate the UAV.

I think treyarch should give a higher amount of points for people shooting down the uav or they should have at the very least included a sam turret in there. Uav's aren't over powered but because of the disadvantage many players are at because they can't flat out hide from them it appears that they are.

Put the sam turret back

Increase the score for shooting down UAVs and people will have more incentive to shoot it down.

Or make the counter spy plane last for 15 seconds longer to help combat it.

They could even make the UAV a personal thing where only you see players on the minimap instead of the whole team.

These solutions are just so absurd that I can only assume you are trolling.

If you are getting killed by UAV whores, then shoot down the UAVs. You have SO MANY options for taking down UAVs that I can only blame you for getting killed because of them. For example, the SMAW can lock on to air support AND be free fire so you arent just left with a useless weapon if there is no air support. You can also equip Black Hats and just hack them out of the sky within 5 seconds. You get CUAVs too and Hunter Killer drones also take them out. OR you can just use ghost yourself and stay mobile while the UAV is up.

All these things you suggest that they prevent are called tactics. You seem to be in favor of gameplay that is so bland and linear that they might as well just give you no perks and no attachments, one gun and no equipment.

You may say they have no skill but at the end of the day, who is the one running to the forums complaining about getting killed too much?

brentcers37

I already have gold launchers, I don't use tactical items because I have Primary Gunfighter and you obviously have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. People who use Ghost ALWAYS use UAVs and it's so hypocritical and dirty... people wanna hide, but they wanna use recon streaks to find others? It's like hitting someone with a chair from behind. It's just weak.

Hello,

No offence but how is it hypocrtical to stay hidden whilst seeing where the enemy is? I understand moaning about UAV and then using Ghost however this combination in my mind is a tactical advantage and good use of combining a class with scorestreaks.

Stay hidden whilst knowing where the enemy is, come on thats smart tactical playing, it makes a difference to see players thinking rather than running round QS with snipers or SMG headless chickens.

Finally, some decent players thinking and organsing themselves.

Regards Apocalypse

It comes to a point where you realized for the most part that Treyarch has your money.  They'll slowly fix the game yes, but not implement a new style of play that takes away from the style people are used to.... especially after release

Izjar11

My solution? IF YOU USE A PERK THAT COUNTERS SOMETHING, LOCK THE SCORESTREAK THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO COUNTER.

What do I mean?

• If you use Ghost, you CANNOT use UAV's. This way, people who use this perk will not have an unfair advantage by not knowing the position of the enemy UNLESS they earn an Orbital VSAT or receive one in a Care Package.
                      • If you use Flak Jacket, you CANNOT use C4. C4 can usually get double or triple kills with ease if people don't have Flak Jacket on.
                      • If you use Cold Blooded, you CANNOT use sights such as the MMS, Target Finder and Dual Band. Reflex Sight and ACOG are okay because there is no assist in finding your target and if you can't find your target without help, you REALLY need your eyes tested. Also, you can't use low scoring, player controlled scorestreaks like the RC-XD.
                      • If you use Blind Eye, you CANNOT use Hunter Killer drones. This way, it forces you to work for your kills without resorting to those annoying pieces of s**t.
                      • Wanna use Hard Wired? Then Counter UAV's will be locked. Because EMP's are a high scorestreak, you can use one if you earn it.
                      • Use Toughness? Grip is locked.
                      • Use Dead Silence? Awareness is locked.
                      • You wanna try your hand at Awareness? Dead Silence is locked.

Tactical Mask? Flashbangs, Concussions and Shock Charges are unable to be used.

Your post is good, but I say no to everything that you wrote. The best counter to any thing is to use your mind / weapon!