8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 12:40 PM by nintendon't RSS

Apply League Plays Matchmaking to Public

If no one is going to play League play on Wii U, then Treyarch needs to apply skill based matchmaking setup that they were going to use in League Play to the public matches.  This would probably solve alot of the complaints about DA controls being to OP.  If Wii Retote and Chuk users arent playing against top DA users all the time, they wont care about DA's autoaim.  Granted if you start moving up your KDR your going to start running into them, but it should help balance things back out.  I loved the idea of League Play, but since nobody plays it doesnt work.  Apply the skill based matchmaking to public, and people will be alot happier. 

• Re: Apply League Plays Matchmaking to Public

Just give leauge play some time. People will probably start playing it around Christmas with the other gamemodes to.

I hope they don't apply skill base matchmaking. It would be a pain in the a** with my 435 score per minute. :/

If league play was for public match, all the 13370pt1cpr0s would complain on how they cant find a good game where they could have 2+kdrs.

How much does your KDR mean if your not playing people on your level?  Its like going to the part to play football with ten year olds.  Why would I take pride in beating people far below your skill level?  KDR means nothing in these games.  So many gamers with a high KDR just quit if they arent doing well.  They just always look for matches where they can get a 2+ KDR.  If they start 4 and 5, they quit. 

I am willing to wait till after Christmas for League play, but if nobody is playing it after that, then Treyarch needs to add skill based matchmaking to the public games.  They should also try to match up IR players against other IR players.  That would eliminate the DA aim assist controversy. 

nintendon't

Everybody gets beat on when they're a noob. It's part of becoming a better player. When I first started playing Reflex, I got my ass kicked big time. (.35 KDR), eventually after a few weeks my skill rapidly improved and now I'm the one handing down chopper chaining ass beatings with a 1.80 KDR and growing. =D

If you play nothing but players of similar skill most of the time it's not going to make you a better player in the long run. Low KDR guys are going to play nothing but low KDR guys and will never improve.

KD doestn mean anything for skill based matchmaking. you will see noobs adn pros runing say 1.0 KD.  on normal it allows you to compare yourself overall. but the best gamemode for comparing KD is sharpshooter. everyone gets the same thing and a veriety of weapons, best way to pick the  true best. normal machmaking is okay. but there is also plenty of people who care to much and try to buff their KD in many ways.

nintendon't

I think we actually had skill based matchmaking up until the latest hotfix. I used to always see guys with a similar SPM/KDR to me, but not anymore.

The problem with skilled based matchmaking is that it drives connection quality down because matches with players of similar skill took precedent over matches with the best connection to you in matchmaking. Before the hotfix, me and a bunch of other people had constant 3 bars and it just wasn't very enjoyable. Now I always get a 4 bar and extremely quick search times.

Plus another problem with SBMM is that it wasn't very skill based. I used to always have to go against guys that abused SMG laser/the R870 to get similar stats to me rather than guys like me who used a variety of weapons instead of being cowards that need their BS OP gun to win.

SBMM was just way too flawed. Especially in a game like COD where "skill" is a loose term.

no.

leage play is skill based. great for competition. but i want the normal matchmaking based on conection. to minimize lag and other facters for as much fun as possible. only competition facter that might need help is team balancing.