18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 12:33 PM by ShaneDog RSS

Black Ops 2 Sniping

So ive come to realize that there is little to no actual sniping in this game. Case in point take any of these rifles and use a real life equivalant to just run scope in and pull the trigger. Hmmmmm what happend probably not only missed the shot but knocked yourself out. I get that they can buff ghost to as it used to be and im fine with that its difficult to use as it stands (mainly do to the i cant even take a breath without showing up on the UAVs) but i get it you want to reduce camping. But you have already slammed snipers so hard in this game at least let us use them as the precision weapons that they are. Yes i have taken the time to get dimond camo on them, so i know just how hard they can be to handle if you cant (or wont) Quick Scope. But adding the bullet trails as well as not giving us a way to hide. I mean come on. With a UAV up almost all the time it makes it exceptionally hard to get a decent overwatch position and help my team out on objective games. And yes 90% of the people are going to say stop camping. Here is my response to that when scoped in a sniper has tunnel vision to end all tunnel vision. So with the maps desined the way that they are there are atlease 2 possibly 3 ways to any sniping position come up behind left or right of them and pop them one in the head. Because if you cant tell where a sniper is from a kill cam then you should really learn the maps yes every once in a while people find a great spot that NO ONE has figured out but with in 3 games everyone knows where that spot is. So in the greatest of efforts all i ask is that the snipers rifles get some kind of attachment that WHEN SCOPED IN ONLY keeps us clear from the UAVs thats it.

• Re: Black Ops 2 Sniping

I mean can they get any kind of love here. Lets look at the attachments for all the other classes with the exception of the shot gun (cant say cuz i dont use them) they all can have the target finder (by far the most op attachment ever) that gets rid of virtualy all of the recoil on the gun oh and even if you use cold blooded if they place the cross hairs on you the whole system flips to red. Isnt cold blooded saposed to counter the target finder not make it so that your just a little harder to tell if your an enemy? So even with that a sniper sitting off in the distance can be picked out. So why the hate on actuall snipers?

Lol, no.  Are you serious?  No bullet trails? AND you want to be able to just post up and not appear on radar?

Isn't it enough that the OHK sniper generally wins gunfights as long as you don't miss?

By no means am i saying get rid of the bullet trail at all i think that is a great idea. I was exclusively a sniper in MW3 and thought that they should have had them back then. Because there where times when i went 50+ with less than 10 deaths on overpass with the RSASS in Dom without spawn traping (God i love persistant lemings ) and as for the launcher or even the black hats more offten then not i have Pac Man (red dot chasers) on me before i can even locate the UAVs. Though i have moved on to the SMGs and am about done with them. And yes i know that larger maps would allow sniping it just erks me becase mantaniance on them was my job in the military and i personaly love them. I just hate how the QS commuinty is the only side being listend to.

I like this idea as a person who feels purist snipers should be able to use a sniper as the military do instead of all this QS nonsense.

A sniper to me is someone who hides prone for extended periods of time and takes pot shots now and then.

The shotguns in this game are really good and great fun to use so why anyone would want to mug themselves off quickscoping is a mystery to me.

Especially with the KSG. Single slug, insane ADS with QD, decent OHK range with the Long Barrel, and mega fast running speed. Awesome weapon.

INB4NERF

Scorr wrote:

Especially with the KSG. Single slug, insane ADS with QD, decent OHK range with the Long Barrel, and mega fast running speed. Awesome weapon.

INB4NERF

I like the first shotty with laser and long barrel on too. Great KC gun. I have dabbled with the KSG and I really like that too, but I haven't unlocked the attachments you mentioned yet.

A great addition to a Sniper class is Overkill + Shotty.

The idea itself of having snipers be snipers is amazing Battlefield sniping is possible because of the huge ass maps but with the maps they give us theirs really no way to "Snipe" anyone nor has then been for awhile last time i actually would snipe people was the first Cod. I dont really think theirs anyway to fix this issue without making much bigger maps. They need to teach the community that their not for quick scoping and **** maybe add a damage deduction if u shoot someone from x feet away and increase for x feet?

The best sniping game to date has to be Red Orchestra 2 hands down. Realistic bullet drop (not like firing a beanbag on BF3) and you can also change your sights so you don't have to aim above the target like an idiot.

Seriously, on games with bullet drop, why do they make you aim up? Anyone who knows anything about precision weaponry would laugh at you if you told them you 'aimed off'

I understand your feelings on BF3 sniping but the coding to do what you are talking about is a bit out of the reach for console players only do to the limited mapping ablity of the controler. and i will deff look into this game.

Reverse damage profiles for snipers has been suggested before, but the devs never took a liking to it. it would make snipers harder to use and the QS fans would cry about it until it was changed back. And since youtube is full of QS montages which gets the devs free advertisement they really do not want to anger them that much.

There is nothing wrong with the contrails in this game. I use snipers often and have no problems getting kills with them or the ability to be defensive and watch my back at times. Yes I do not taken out by people too. But in reality the snipers in this game work very well even for the traditional sniper/camper. I know this because this is the only way I use a sniper. I do not QS nor ever need to QS with a sniper in this game, no matter what map I am on.

Toward the uav, issue, run a launcher and take them down it takes about 4-8 seconds to do so on most maps. Then you can just adjust position a little, and continue sniping. In fact I let the uav funnel me kills. and I use shock charge and claymore/betty to help defend.

So really there is nothing wrong with how the snipers in this game work or how they can be used, just some people like to complain about things that are really not an issue it seems.

There is nothing wrong with the Sniper rifles per se for a proper sniper, but they are mis used by the kiddies which is what gives them a bad press.

It's a shame the devs are too scared to upset the under age gamers by discouraging the improper use of these excellent weapons.

I snipe the way you say you snipe, but I tend to use a Pistol as a secondary rather than a Stinger most of the time.

I agree. I've been playing COD since the third installment, prior to the first MW. I loved sniping in COD3. Yes, the maps did seem bigger, but I am doing just fine with BO2 maps. I stopped sniping after COD3, then just started up again in BO2 a couple of weeks ago. My KD is on the rise. It's like a entirely new game to me now that I'm sniping again for the first time in years. It's a lot of fun. Not a whole lot I would change...

Bottom line - if you're actually any good at this game, you'll figure out ways to make it work. Just as I've destroyed people sniping, I still get rocked on occasion from players that figure out how to counter my tactics. These games require more thinking than people probably give it credit for. You can always tell when you're up against an advanced player(s), as the match suddenly becomes more difficult than normal...

Nothing wrong with the game. It's just the competition that varies.

And dont think that im all pro sniper eaither becase i honestly think that the DSR is WAY OP do i think that a 50 cal should kill from the waist up..... ya it should kill even if you miss by about 6 inches but even with the hip fire its almost impossible to lose the gun fight from knifing range.

since the lag got bad i had to put away my .50 and use the semi auto one, blast 2-3 rounds with a stabalizing setup...my favorite loadout is shotgun primary, sniper secondary...second favorite is the m27 primary sniper secondary..dom loadout is smg (found out hipfiring is more acurate using these) emps and trophys