31 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 12:38 PM by maccabi RSS

Makes no sense (connection/lagcompensation), but Halo 4 winning Multiplayer of the year makes perfect sense.....

slayerextreme

First let me state.....I do work in a Telecommunications Job, and I have an EXTREMELY good background in IT(internet Tech).....and I can not understand why Treyarch/Activision is having such a hard time identifing and making changes to there engine as far a lag compensation calculations?

I have a fairly good connection 12mps download and a ping to the Atlanta routers of about 20ms on average, my XBOX is hardwired with CAT 6 cable, also my XBOX has been set up with a Static IP address and all the ports on my router for my XBOX have been Port forwarded not only to XBOX Live but also to the BlackOps 2 settings (3074 TCP & UDP)......

With all the COD games in the past, my friends have always relied on me to host our group and connect to the game, with Black Ops 2, the game is unplayable 3 out of 5 games, yet, if we let my son in law host our lobby with the lowest available DSL connection he can get, 6mps, we all run smooth for 4 out of 5 games......

the punishment for haveing a good solid connection in this game is so severe that you actually have to wonder what the DEVS of the multiplayer portion of this game were thinking?????  were they assuming that we all had the ability to play on local LANS that would have basically ZERO lag????

and their lack of communications to the online community has been so lacking, that there can be no reson given on their part that could possibly be accepted or validated.....

will there be some attempt at a fix, yes, they still have to sell map packs, another big round of sells for Christmas, but has it been to little, to late by David Vandahaar and Company???? Time will tell.......The COD community as a whole is in steady decline, and its not that people dont want to play COD, its due to the fact that with each release the multiplayer portion gets worse and worse......12 game modes for core, 4 for hardcore, and they wonder why nobody plays hardcore......ITS BECAUSE YOU RUINED THE EXPERIENCE !!!!!  You give us links to Youtube, Facebook, Emblem generators, theater, video rendering, audio options. video options, 3D options, Zombies, BOTS...But what you dont provide is a FAIR AND BALANCED PLAYING FIELD !!!!!   and your more worried that the 10% that have mediocre or bad connections have a better time playing than the 90% that have good to great connections...

I would gladley give up all the "EXTRAS" if I could have a great running , smooth operating game such as Modern Warfare or World at War......give me back what drew us to the game in the begining!!!!!!! 

I'm pretty sure a lot of the upper managment of both Treyarch and Activision are all sitting around the table and trying to figure out how Halo 4 was just given the "BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME OF THE YEAR" award........its because they forgot was important, its the MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE!!!!!