36 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 7:02 PM by T-boss RSS

D L C map packs NOT coming to WII U

I called activision. And as of right now they have no plans on releasing map packs on the wii u . I was told the game you are playing ( black ops 2 ) is what it is no new maps and no nuketown 2025 . According to activision the wii u can't handle the map pack . I also called game stop and there  is no season pass for the wii u only for ps3 and xbox . Activision # 1800 225 6588 nintendo # 1800 255 3700  so what we are playing is the final version of black ops 2 . My heart broke when I heard this info .lol . Let's hope I am wrong and the person I talk to from activision was misinformed . Let's all call and make our case for the map packs .

• Test #1
          Re: D L C map packs NOT coming to WII U

Wii U can't handle map packs???? What sense does that make!? From what I hear from sources is that either the Wii U is on par with PS3/XBOX, or better. If they can handle it, Nintendo should. So I hear ya...I hope they are misinformed. I would put the onus on Activision, more so than Nintendo. What sense would that make for their bottom line? Wouldn't you want as many games & DLC available because that would mean more will buy the console? I specifically bought the Wii U for BO2 and DLC. Otherwise I would have bought a PS3 or XBOX. Nintendo better get their poop in a group soon. Getting fed up with them.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 11:47 AM
            • Test #1

M4GNUM wrote:

Wii U can't handle map packs???? What sense does that make!? From what I hear from sources is that either the Wii U is on par with PS3/XBOX, or better. If they can handle it, Nintendo should. So I hear ya...I hope they are misinformed. I would put the onus on Activision, more so than Nintendo. What sense would that make for their bottom line? Wouldn't you want as many games & DLC available because that would mean more will buy the console? I specifically bought the Wii U for BO2 and DLC. Otherwise I would have bought a PS3 or XBOX. Nintendo better get their poop in a group soon. Getting fed up with them.

It's either Activision and Nintendo still dislike eachother OR the Nintendo Network still has kinks to work out before servicing major DLC content like you would see in the CoD games. I highly doubt the console itself has anything to do with it.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 1:06 PM
            • Test #1

Classic customer service.  That'a generic answer I'm sure since they haven't announced anything yet.  I'm sure the DLC's will make it's way to the Wii U, but god only know's how long from now.  I'm kind of on the fence of selling the game back to Gamestop since they were offering $40 in trade for it.

I already have it for the 360.  I don't know yet lol   I wish the dev's would talk about how serious they are about this platform so people know what to expect.  The "can't handle DLC" is bs, but I think DLC has to wait until Nintendo does an update or something from what I read.  Nintendo has made a lot of stupid decisions thrus far with this systems omissions (ie, no headset jack on the pro controller.  games not using the pro controller, messed up chat , party.. blah blah, many more).  Only time will tell, but how long are people willing to wait and or hold out?

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 11:51 AM
              • Test #1

cant handle DLC, sure that isnt the excuse for teh wii version of games, not teh wiiU? some games have confirmed DLC. only issue i can see if they made the port itself uncompatable and guess what, update fixed.

nintendos poor desisiong seem to mostly comefrom not understanding teh online community/functions well.  the one that annoys me the most is not bieng able to change players from teh pads menu. alway need to go to main menu to change ID's.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 12:21 PM
                • Test #1

It's a generic answer. For example, I work for customer services for a water company, right, and we recently had a drought from 15th April ending in August. A few weeks before it was announced that no one could use their hosepipes, I had been telling customers there was no current plan to introduce water restrictions.

I had not been told there would be as a phone operative. It had not been finalized. I had imagined that there may possibly be one due to water levels being low, but I could not tell my customers because I am not able to make assumptions on behalf of the company I work for until I have been told.

Same for Activison. Seriously guys, no need to even worry.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 1:02 PM
                  • Test #1

Yeah and I called Activision the other day and they said MW3 Wii is getting a patch! It's gonna be awesome! :O

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 1:08 PM
                    • Test #1

xBulletDodgerx wrote:

I called activision. 

There was your first mistake.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 1:40 PM
                      • Test #1

I'm sure it's just because there aren't enough players on Wii U BO2. The same thing with Elite, they said it could be added later if they see it being worth their money. It wouldn't be worth it with I'm guessing 5,000 total players. This isn't to say we will never get DLC though.

Activision did say that MW3 would get a patch up until August I believe, never released. Take what Activision representatives say with a grain of salt.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 3:52 PM
                        • Test #1

The customer support sucks. Some of them obviously have biased opinions, some of them break their own rules and some just don't know what you're talking about.

They're not allowed to tell you any details, they're really there for just if you've got troubles getting the game running or if it keeps freezing or stuff like that and most the advice they say is useless.

Stop making threads like this, it's irritating to see people asking for DLC anyway, there are other things that are more important right now

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 9:44 PM
                          • Test #1

say it aint so...

gotta wonder though....is it nintendo?

or is it treyarch?

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 11:21 PM
                              • Test #1

Just blame both of them, its easier that way.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2012 11:22 PM
                                • Test #1

I say NONE of 'em.

I think it's our community. I mean it's awesome but WAY too small for more playlists.

Even with the current single playlist half of the game modes are empty. 

Now let's think about the announced DLC: There will be at least 4 Content Packs which means our already tiny community will be split into 2x2x2x2=16 parts. (not even considering Nuketown 2025)

Every part can only find matches & lobbies of it's own kind. Of course it would be possible for the game to switch to the basic playlist after a period of time spent in searching matches or to integrate an option to change the default scope of the matchmaking but...

in general finding public lobbies will be a real pain in the @$$ and almost impossible when playing in a party.

If enough people on your friend list have the same DLC as you it would at least make sense for some additional fun in private matches.

(Please excuse my bad English)

Last Edited: Dec 13, 2012 4:50 AM
                                    • Test #1

they are better off thinking of how many wiiU's were bought next to how many players they are online. would be better to tell then. wiiU pretty much soled out on release, not sure about now, so show the same ratio wiht more wiiU's to see how the community would grow.

Last Edited: Dec 13, 2012 7:02 PM
                                  • Test #1

My guess is this: The Wii U is new and with that comes updates for the console itself. Like Wii TVii (or whatever the h3ll it's called). So you have Nintendo trying to get their sh1t together with updates solely to get their console solid and I'm sure that takes time. Meanwhile, you have game devs who have their new games running on farily solid systems they've been designing with for years. So obviously PS3 and X will get first dibs with updates. These game devs probably want to work with Nintendo, but until Nintendo gets their console solid, I'm sure to some degree the devs have their hands tied. My instinct is that the game devs are waiting on Nintendo and Nintendo is "busy" right now. Once Nintendo gets their poop in a group, I'm sure DLC and other updates will come. Just sucks to wait.

Last Edited: Dec 13, 2012 9:00 AM
                                    • Test #1

Yaaaaaay more special treatment for us I'm really not too surprised to tell you the truth

Last Edited: Dec 13, 2012 9:08 AM