9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 1:14 AM by Cheesegrater28 RSS

You can make the BUS drive FASTER.

Cheesegrater28

Here is my super dark video proof. I apologize for how dark it is. The first ride through the section of the tunnel takes 36 seconds. The second ride through the same section takes 28 seconds. And it looks like the jet gun might have slowed the bus down on the second ride.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=f965JwOuqvI

I posted this discussion last night, but wanted to show video proof.

Last nights discussion.   http://community.callofduty.com/message/413745274#413745274

Better quality video. Same clip but clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2eVZQcbL4E

• Re: You can make the BUS drive FASTER.

nice you speed up the replay.

Interesting. If you make a different more detailed video, one without the Thrustodyne and a counter from point A to B. Then do a couple more trips after charging the bus, with a counter from A-B again. Then we'll definitely be able to see the difference. When you just say numbers and people can't tell if the video was sped up or not, then it makes this harder to figure out. When you're watching it in theater leave the controls up so we can see the time go by for extra verification. Keep up the good work.

Cheesegrater28

Alright, I'll upload another one as soon as I can. I'm not trying to waste anyone's time. I wouldn't post my gt if I was full of crap. I've been on here since the first week trying to figure this out with everyone.

I never said you were full of crap, I can't check your gt since I only have a PS3. This certainly looks legit though, and is a nice bus EE. There needs to be a pupose though besides just saving time, what is it doing to the bus? It being a turbo charger doesn't make sense, since the speed of the bus stays the same after you stop using the Thrustodyne, right?

edi Does this still work if you're outside the bus, and point the gun at the engine? What if multiple people did it at the same time, would it go 4x faster? Hmm..

Cheesegrater28

Not sure if it means anything. I spent an hour and a half messing with it after it first happened. I actually used the jet gun on the bridge and didn't use it again till the end of the tunnel which when watching the video over appeared to make the bus return to regular speed. So it stopped at the depot and then it gained its speed. The one thing I want to retry is not attaching anything to the bus. I thought if I put the grill on I might plow through the barricade after the tunnel, but I couldn't get the bus that fast in the tunnel again. But while playing there were a few times when randomly in the fog hat the bus was moving really fast. Noticeably faster then usual.

Yeah, maybe the attachments prevent the speed from increasing. More testing should be done, to see which attachments prevent the bus from speeding up.

If you charge the bus once and then do two loops and notice a speed increase the first time, and the second loop the speed goes back to normal, that would make more sense. Unless the Thrustodyne activates some kind of switch, like slow, normal, medium, fast.

If I get time I'll mess around with this later, keep it up man.

Cheesegrater28

I uploaded a better quality video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2eVZQcbL4E

It took all day for the rendered video to pop up online but it finally did. I did another solo run tonight for over three hours, messing with the jet gun and bus. Never got the high speed in the tunnel again, but a couple of other locations. The effect was so random that I'm not sure what causes it or if it is just a glitch. Sometimes the bus would speed up while I used the gun, and sometimes it would speed up randomly after using the gun. I would shoot it straight out the windshield or at the bus driver. Again the events were random. A couple of times i shot the gun against the front of the bus as it would pull away from stops and twice it seemed to slow the bus down. Twice out of maybe a dozen tries. I'll check the video tomorrow to try and get clips.