13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 6:48 PM by LargeLentils RSS

Is today "Pick a Terrible Host" Day?

I usually don't have a lot of problems.  I have been really enjoying the game for the past week or so.

I know a lot of you think that I openly dismiss all the problems in this game(which is totally 100% untrue).  But today was pretty bad.

Today I have witnessed what I want to say is the worst Host selection in my Black Ops 2 career.  It must be the time of day or something but I have never seen it this bad.  You all probably know what I'm talking about.  The game starts and Host is the only one with a green 4 bar and the rest of the lobby stays 1(red) bar through the whole game until it finally host migrates to another terrible host.

I really hope they are tweaking host migration and matchmaking.  Cuz after what I witnessed today.  It sucks. 

Just kinda wanted to rant a bit.  

Flame on.

• Test #1
          Re: Is today "Pick a Terrible Host" Day?

It seems to me that host selection in my area gets horrible after 5 pm. Its never really great for me but before 5 its playable after that its super frustrating. Lots of people must feel the same, I'm seeing alot of people leaving the matches I'm in. Not as many dashboards last couple days but a lot of host migrations.

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 4:40 PM
          • Test #1

This happened to me about a week ago. Lobby's would start out looking good then, half way through the game, everyone started to red bar and rubberbanding(except 1 or 2 players). This would happen for a minute or so and then level out again. It was like that for a full day. Almost seemed like failed host migrations. Not happening to me today. Just the same 25% hit detection and 1 second behind playing solo.

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 4:41 PM
            • Test #1

every match i've been in today was like a stop motion movie.

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 4:41 PM
              • Test #1

Yea I am not sure why today ended up being so drastically different than the last week as a whole.  Must be different people that haven't been blacklisted that are getting host.  Hopefully they never get host again.

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 4:47 PM
                • Test #1

I actually have been having a decent day, not great like the old IW games but decent. Only one game tonight so far where it was unplayable. *fingers crossed* i hope my luck continues. Sorry to hear your having problems asian..

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 5:06 PM
                  • Test #1

I just went through a few bad matches, and then one where I was in godemode.   I stayed with that host till it stopped and then logged out .

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 5:58 PM
                    • Test #1

i dont understand how host gets picked in BO2....i have NEVER had this big of a problem in MW3 as i have in BO2, seems like at least half my games half or more of the players have a 3 bar or worse connection ALL GAME. even a bunch of games one guy will be 4 barring while the rest of the entire lobby has 2 or less and skips every where and NEVER migrates hosts, sometimes i think its a lag switch, then look at the host and he is like 9-15 more times than not, so obviously a terribad player wouldnt invest in a lag switch.

i think 4arc just randomly gives people host without determining who the best fit is, wheneve i notice im host the entire lobby is 4 bars, but i get it maybe once a night

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 6:04 PM
                      • Test #1

BO2 seems to pick terrible hosts.

I'm a decent host without experiencing lag spikes and a majority of players 4 bar on my connection however the hosts chosen in this game either give everyone else a one bar connection or there are consistant lag spikes.

The host selection really needs some working on. Can't tell if host is chosen by "best connection" anymore.

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 6:38 PM
                        • Test #1

however it works in BO2, it doesnt really "work".

tons of lag. tons of lag comp issues.  I have a pretty legit connection and experience lag comp issues a lot. And i get in games and the game is laggin like crazy everyone has a 2 or 1 bar, and then a few host migrations per single match to break up the action. Wow! what a mess/

plus the maps kinda suck and tons of guys leave once it starts or right before it starts due to this.

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2012 6:48 PM