15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 11:16 AM by nintendon't RSS

Diamond camo?

A quick question, I've seen some of you guys talking about the camo, but how do I unlock it? Is it for every weapon?

I just got golden camo for the Scar, but there was no diamond camo anywhere, I thought it would just pop up randomly but nothing.

• Re: Diamond camo?

Diamond camo unlocks for the weapon class once you obtain gold camo for every weapon in that class . For example: By unlocking gold camo for every weapon in the assualt class, you'll unlock diamond camo for every weapon in the assualt class.

- TopFighter

Thanks.

Gold camo for ebery weapon in class...

Sounds something that I'm going to skip

Treize

Unlocking camos is such a waste unless you really want a particular type. Probably easier to just boost for them. Plus Gold and Diamond are so gaudy, total waste.

nintendon't

Isn't boosting cheating?

Treize

Only if it negativetly impacts the gameplay of others. Reason why it was such a problem in MW2 was because you could get a killsteak that literally ended the match. I mean what can you really boost for in post-MW2 games? Tags, emblems and camos. You could try and get high level kill streaks, but once you get competant enough (and aim assist is reblacned) everyone has their fair shot at it if they grind.

Also if you're trying to boost your stats, matchmaking will just put you in a higher rank in which you will be whooly outmatched since those players earned their K/D or PPM.

I am amused that Treyarch included a booster report button when there's not much you can do that really matters to the overall game or doesn't actually end up hurting you in the long run.

Boosting is cheating no matter how you cut it. If you are getting something without earning it wether it be scorestreaks or gun cammo it still effects other peoples gameplay.

Treize

godsmack7100 wrote:

gun cammo still effects other peoples gameplay.

Yes because when I see someone with a diamond sniper rifle, the first thing that comes to my mind is my game is ruined! Although it is, since they're just a quick scoping mongrel who abuses auto aim. But that's the same for any person with a CPU + slicencer sniper these days.

But in all seriousness, only a weak willed fool would let someone who's running around with a diamond camo affect their gameplay.

Are you that dense? Who cares about the camo. It is the manner in which it is obtained. Boosting in any form is cheating. Anyone who would boost for something as stupid as camo will do it for other reasons as well ie for kill streaks and the like which does effect other people's gameplay. Also if they are in a match and spend that whole match boosting what happened to their team mates and does that not effect other people's gameplay?

Treize

If you're willing to plan, coordinate and take the risk to boost, that person earned their camo just like some nut who gets it the normal way. Considering you can't do it in free for all, it takes a lot more effort to properly boost. It's the failure of the teammates in not detecting the boosters.

the new unlock system is the best of any COD so far. my only issue gold/diamond is ontop.

i am also wondering if there is a camo(hopefully not as gay as gold/diamond) for diamond everything.

but gold/diamond this time around much more successfuly shows something off.

I'm on a mad plan to get the Diamond Chicom...

My personal favorites are the Carbon fiber, Art of war and blue skulls have bit better blue than the tiger camo.

I never really cared about the camos, they're not important to me, I'm not probably going to play this game for too long anymore anyway, the constant TDM matches just make me so bored, Domination isn't that fun when you go solo and FFA seems to have always some try hards.

I've gotten a chance to play 3 multi team matches, I kinda liked them, they're more strategic than regular TDM.

Got to play one SnD match against one of the clans I've hated since BO Wii, GG7, guess they have hard time owning the enemy teams now

Diamond camo did look kinda cool on one sniper rifle I picked, but it's not a reason for me to no life every single weapon in class, I use those what I like to use, I test others by going on guerilla warfare

nintendon't

It's not as hard as it seems to get diamond camo. I'm working on assault rifles and I already have 2 gold and I almost have another gold. You just gotta grind it out with each gun for 20-30 levels.