28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 1:15 PM by Reaper2909 RSS

The Orbs

Cheesegrater28

Whether or not you believe the EE doesn't continue till DLC, we should still try to figure out the ORBS that pop up everywhere. They are on every console and are in locations for a reason, and we should try to find out why. Perhaps they conitnue the EE now or perhaps they will play a part in future maps.

Please post anything you have personally experienced, like where you saw them, how many in a game, what character you were, what color were the orbs, and what Tower of Babble, in any, you had recently completed.

• Re: The Orbs
          Cheesegrater28

I have personally only seen one and it was in a solo game. I can't remember who I was, but it was the very next game after i did Maxis side for the first time. I took shortcut past church to get to town, opened bank and took out money, went to power station and turned power on. When I got back to town, the traffic light by the bank had the red orb.

Cheesegrater28

Some youtube video links of otherpeople seeing the orbs. Trying to gather as much information about the orbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdkk7Db7A0Q

Rus seeing the blue orb on church side traffic light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHo2zwTfXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zYnslX6FcE

Rus seeing the blue orb on bank side traffic light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECXpTExQAg

Rus seeing the red orb on bank side traffic light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn-Plgr_v6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRFwy7FyuQU

Samuel seeing blue orb on tower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGWk4LCpik

Samuel seeing the red orb on church side traffic light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlF2rKPGxek

Samuel seeing the red orb on bank side traffic light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwrSUEEMcdA

This last video is a GOOD one of misty seeing the red orb bank traffic light actually light up when someone else turns the power on. The poster suggests the blue skull eyes might be related.

TEX_715

Hey Cheese, we have been posting about this for the last 2 weeks and it seems to create little excitement. Maybe its because of the random orbs in the box? I am not sure but I will certainly try to add new info to your post.  As I see it now it is one of the few real leads we have... Other than:

The secret radio transmisions linked to the disapearing Marlton parts.

Charging the Avagadro with jet gun against Maxis's orders.

Monkey bomb thrown into church does not trigger fail noise

Unheard maxis quote about new cargo.

Anything confirmed we should go off? Anyone?

Cheesegrater28

I just think its something constructive to figure out. Its not just a theory. Anybody can get them, they dont appear till after the ToB, and no one has figured them out yet. I would like to at least rule things out if nothing more. Like already from the few videos people posted on youtube, Rus has seen both colored orbs in the same spot. So already, the we can rule out that Misty and Marlton can only see one color and Rus and Sam see the other. Or maybe only Rus can see both.

Its something we can try to figure out that definitely doesn't need DLC to figure out.

TEX_715

I couldn't get ant orbs tonight, only thing i could think of is someone always timed out

Cheesegrater28

Do you have the skull with blue eyes? I haven't seen any since that 1, but I haven't had the blue eyes in a while either. Gonna build up to them again.

I remember the first time I ever got my First orb, I did the exact same thing as you, I was Russman Went to Bank took out money, went & turned on power, Came back to town & boom, Orb on the Stoplight, The next time I saw it I want to say i was Marlton but possibly Russman Again, This time it was the opposite stop light. At the time 3-4 weeks ago I was Skull w/ Blue Eyes Now im Knife w/ blue eyes & I have yet to see any more of these orbs. Although I do normally get about 3-5 orbs per game now while hitting the Box. All of these orbs were also seen in Solo. I have been In game where my buddies have seen the Orbs on the Streetlights but I couldnt!!!

Cheesegrater28

Thanks. And you have had blue eyes since, even the games where your friends could see them and you couldn't?

TEX_715

The orbs are not about the blue eyes, i had a post to that effect about 2 weeks ago several people had seen them without, and then  have seen them without a couple of times

Cheesegrater28

Link the thread. Trying to organize as much as possible.

And since your a PS3 player, I wanted to know if you have seen the flashes at the Laundry door. I asked this yesterday and Death Bringer said PS3 players could see the room flash blue. I wasn't sure if that flash was door related or not, but there is a red flash on the front of the door if you stare at it long enough. Usually slightly moving while staring.

TEX_715

I ads at the door and shot it often after the video of that came out and never noticed anything. but i was looking for beams not flashes.... I feel like if anything happened i would have noticed tho... will do a search for that post

Cheesegrater28

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200568789

I found this link, but wasn't sure if it was same one.

And the flash takes a little bit of time to appear. Its a lot less frequent than the beams, so PS3 players might not spend enough time looking at it. The beams keep me staring all the time, so I see the flash alot. Just want to double check everything because if PS3 players do see that flash, then there is def something there.

DeathBringer-Zen

Yes, the "flash" can be seen on both XBOX and PS3!

It is more like a split second flash bang going off! It is not really coloured as such, more just a white flash that last for a half second, but, because I have seen this on both consoles, it, to me, suggests there is a reason for it, and it must be there for a reason!

Might just be a glitch, but unusual for both consoles to have this same effect!

Cheesegrater28

I've seen the room flash on the gound a couple of times, but yeah, it mostly appears when looking from the second floor.

To me the red flash seems different from the orb though, especially since I haven't seen the orb in the door in a while and because I once had two red flashes. The game when I finally switched to Richs side, while I was getting all the lights from the lamp posts to shoot beams at the door, I got a second red flash at the top right side of the door. Both flashes were red, and I don't think they appeared at the same time (was to excited about the second flash to notice if the first flash was going off at same time). I did get the first flash solo a couple of times, but the top flash only appeared twice. I've played once since, and the top flash wasn't there. Maybe related to amount of orbs activated around map. 

Im abit confused because i did both sides of the easter egg maxis then richtofen but on the pulon only have the blue lights now when before i had orange i thought you could have both at same time have they changed it so the easter egg u did last the lights stay or what anyone know?

I had completed the Richthofen side of the easter egg as Russman. I had red orbs on street lamp by town and on the traffic light by the bar. They only appear if I'm with the original group I completed it with. And sometimes they're not always there.

Transit: Completed Nazis EE

Ok so when I got to town I noticed those orbs around the street light to be honest I was really confused. But couldn't so anything to them...I continued after about ten minutes to the mystery box opened it and.the same glow appeared! For some reason its in Town. I've been looking over the Morse codes and can't really tell what they mean. Power is Knowledge Stay Close to Me Folloe w the light. Etc. I need people on PS3hay have completed the Maxis part might have to do with that.  I'm cnfused and need help my psn is ZeroXSendo

Cheesegrater28

Wanted to give an update. I finally got my blues eyes back two days ago. Then last night while playing as Marlton, I did the usual shorcut to town, took out money and went and turned the power on. When I got back to town, the church side traffic light had a blue orb, did richs side over two weeks ago. Today i tried three times to duplicate my steps while playing as Marlton. Bought revive and jugg before turning power on, collected two parts of jet gun, bought bowie knife, pretty much everything. I even made sure my bank was full each time, like it was the first. Still nothing.

Not sure what I am missing, but it seems like they are more random then I hoped. Gonna rewatch the video later to double check everything I did and perhaps the game before it, even though I'm pretty sure I did nothing special during that game.

Lastly, I know most of us are now thinking the laundromat door stuff is more of a glitch, but finally got new effect while I had the orb and wanted to make sure I shared it. The red flash I keep describing, which is always in the same spot, appeard at the very bottom center of the door. It only flashed once, and usually my gun is blocking that part of the door. This is the only time I saw it, and only the second time I have seen that flash in a different spot. Could just be a glitch caused by red flashes on street light or pylon.

So I would like to put in my 2cents on this n tell my story of the orbs. First of n I repeat FIRST off enough with the oh I'm a skull with 3 strikes or I'm a skull with blue eyes because it doesn't matter what rank you are, you will probly still get to see the orb. I don't play much but I love zombies and I'm a skull with only 2 strikes n I got to see the orbs on the traffic light in town on I had the rpg shot the door in town n the beam pointed to the door. It come from the pylon to the door. I was Russ played with 2 other friends and I was the only one to see it. It was pretty cool being that it only happened to me once. But like I said I don't play much so if I was to go bac n play it would mayb still b there idk. That was my experience tho

Cheesegrater28

Thanks for the input. I'm not saying the eyes are related, but I'm also not trying to rule anything out without good proof. It seems the orbs are random, so nothing might be related.

There is also the slight chance that each orb has its own checkpoints. One might be character related, one might be eye related and one might be ToB related. I don't want to rule out the eye theory because maybe one of the orbs specifically needs the blue eyes. Maybe the one you saw didn't require it. I know a few people seem to see the bank traffic light orb the game after Tower of Babble and others dont.

Its starting to look like there isn't a solid connection between any of them, but I still want to put some more time into them. They are a major thing that we all get and cant be explained.