2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 2:17 PM by PR0T0TYPEdemon RSS

Crossbow Ronin Camo Ridiculous

Tri-bolt with scavenger was working at first for direct-hit kills and now the bolts just blow up. I've literally tried everything and It's nearly impossible. Mess up twice and you're screwed. You can't knife for more ammo, because that messes up the aspect of using ONLY the crossbow. Boosting will get you banned so that is out of the picture. They're asking for 83% Accuracy without dying using a crossbow. Ridiculous. And you can't replenish ammo if the tri-bolt screws up twice and blows up. Hardcore people just run around with shotguns and SMG's spraying like hell. And people use their cheap ass moves with flashes, kills from behind, camping, Assault shield + Combat Axe, Random Shock Charges, Hunter killers that ONLY go after me, and Spraying with LMG's I'm sick of it. Hardcore, Sticks and Stones, Tri-bolt + Shock Charge, Tons of perks, I've tried it all. Nothing works. All the bull I had to go through with the Assault shield, Ballistic knife, and Combat knife, only to be stopped by this one challenge for the crossbow. I don't even care if Treyarch doesn't look into this, There needs to be word around that too much is asked to get diamond camo. Innovating Ideas, but this just doesn't work. Mw3's system worked, you had to get a million kills and finally get to level 31 only to prestiege and lose it. Made you work for it. All blackops is doing is just frustrating the user. Not only that, but People are going around with prestiege master with only 25 kills on their card. Everything diamond and all. Not a thing done about it. So they take the easy way and nothing is done while I work my ass off going through bull and I don't get it but they do?

Plus, The blast radius for the crossbow is too low. I understand the issue of being overpowered but grenade launchers do a better job of being over-powered than a crossbow does. despite the fact that they've been nerfed several times. first off, the only problem with the grenade launcher is that it has a parabolic trajectory, easy to deal with the sights since you just aim a bit higher and the sights help you get an Idea of where to shoot. Then you also have the velocity of the gun is not as fast as a bullet so your shots might not be in real-time with the enemy's movements. So the player is left predicting where the enemy's next movement will be. Pretty easy to deal with since the blast radius let's you be off just a little and you'll get the kill.

The crossbow on the other hand is treated like a gun, the hipfire sights are like a normal gun and It's all about accuracy. The same problems as a grenade launcher but the blast radius makes it so that you MUST get a stick to get a kill. Not only that but you must wait for the timer to finish to blow up the bolt before someone else steals your kill. You are still left predicting where the enemy is and the trajectory may off-set long-range kills, but the blast-radius and the detonation time makes it so ridiculous that you have to deal with that and the fact that others can steal your kill and that you have to always hit them dead-on or you won't get the kill unless you're lucky. All of that with only 6 bolts, and 5 kills without dying.

• Re: Crossbow Ronin Camo Ridiculous

I just got Gold Camo for Crossbow and Ballistic Knife and im working on Assault Shield and Combat Knife. Ronin was definately the hardest camo to get with crossbow and took me a couple days. Some may consider this boosting but lets all face it. Getting 5 kills in a row without dying is IMPOSSIBLE with the crossbow. The rate of fire sucks and the explosion radius makes it to where you HAVE to stick someone, AND hope they dont kill you before they explode. So this is what i did. Get a friend to play split screen on your console with you. make sure they know how to play and make sure they know the maps pretty well. Go to multiplayer, public match, party games, then Sticks and Stones. Sticks and Stones is basically free for all except all you get is A crossbow, Tomahawk and Ballistic Knife (very useful game mode for leveling of B.K. aswell) Now find a good hiding spot. i got my bloodthirsty on yemen, as there are lots of usefull hiding spots. Hide and make sure no one sees you. Now get your friend to look at your screen to see where you are and have him find you. Tell your friend to run to you and make him stop close enough to you to where its guarenteed you want miss him. kill him and every time he respawns repeat until you have 5 kills on him with only the crossbow. it will count it as a bloodthirsty. Like i said this is basically boosting but only god or chucknorris can get ronin the regular way.

good luck! -PR0T0TYPEdemon

• Re: Crossbow Ronin Camo Ridiculous

I just got Gold Camo for Crossbow and Ballistic Knife and im working on Assault Shield and Combat Knife. Ronin was definately the hardest camo to get with crossbow and took me a couple days. Some may consider this boosting but lets all face it. Getting 5 kills in a row without dying is IMPOSSIBLE with the crossbow. The rate of fire sucks and the explosion radius makes it to where you HAVE to stick someone, AND hope they dont kill you before they explode. So this is what i did. Get a friend to play split screen on your console with you. make sure they know how to play and make sure they know the maps pretty well. Go to multiplayer, public match, party games, then Sticks and Stones. Sticks and Stones is basically free for all except all you get is A crossbow, Tomahawk and Ballistic Knife (very useful game mode for leveling of B.K. aswell) Now find a good hiding spot. i got my bloodthirsty on yemen, as there are lots of usefull hiding spots. Hide and make sure no one sees you. Now get your friend to look at your screen to see where you are and have him find you. Tell your friend to run to you and make him stop close enough to you to where its guarenteed you want miss him. kill him and every time he respawns repeat until you have 5 kills on him with only the crossbow. it will count it as a bloodthirsty. Like i said this is basically boosting but only god or chucknorris can get ronin the regular way.

good luck! -PR0T0TYPEdemon