12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 3:05 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Why cant i aim my launcher at a f#$%ing UAV ????

Im forced to run around and find angles to try to get it high enough to lock on and its not even possible then i get killed .Fix it now Gayarch!

• Re: Why cant i aim my launcher at a f#$%ing UAV ????
          nicedrewishfela

There is nothing to fix. They are ridiculously easy to find and lock on to.

Just use a BlackHat instead (that's what I had to do).

... beep beep beep beep beep BOOM.

Make sure you can see the UAV in the sky before you start aiming the PDA all over the place. That's my only problem. I sometimes can't spot the UAV anywhere. I waste loads of game time and sometimes get killed then when I finally spot the UAV it's flying off.

r33k

let me try to convey your point a little better:

under certian circumstances and angles, you CANNOT lock on to aircraft because the player is not allowed to bend that far. this forces you to reposition yourself, sometimes by a large area, just to shoot it down. meanwhile you are completly vunerable to any enemy. this happens to me sometimes.

what r33k said.  and it is a pain.  Especially when it's just barely off.  It'll just peees you off.

nicedrewishfela

Exactly.. but these are soldiers, not Rubberman from the Fantastic Four.

Launchers are the counter to Aerial streaks, and the counter to launchers is that you have to have a clear line of sight to use them.

I get my teammates to cover for me when possible while taking them out.

Of all the things that could use fixing in this game... not sure why this one is an issue for the OP.

CowboySr

Having a clear line of sight is not the problem. The fact the guy cant look up above him. The OP is right, and nowhere in his comment does he say this is the only issue he has with the game. That doesnt mean it shouldnt be brought to attention.

Fix it.

Launchers are the counter to aerial streaks, but getting a clear line of sight should not be the counter to launchers. The Aerial Streaks themselves are the counters to Launchers (yes, it goes both ways)

If you're going to waste of CaC point on a launcher, it should at least be able to come in handy.

It's already hard enough to shoot down stealth choppers and stuff without it killing you in the process, why should someone have to jump though extra hoops on top of that? It's dangerous to shoot down down UAVs already since the instant they show up, your position is already compromised, and then on top of that you have to look around at the sky while you know enemies are closing in.

nicedrewishfela

I see and respect what you all are saying, I respectfully disagree.

Scorestreaks are harder than ever to achieve, so they need to be viable in order to be worth using.

I use a launcher all the time, and I rarely have trouble locating streaks.

I also use Blind Eye, which keeps the streaks from taking me out before I can take them out.

This just feels like a non-issue to me. It makes it more of a challenge, and challenge is good. If they handed everything to us... what fun would that be?

Not sure half of you even understand what OP is saying.

He's agitated at the fact that in previous CODs, he could dimply aim directly up in the air with his launcher, shoot at a UAV and take it down. Directly vertical. 90 degrees.

In BO2, it appears you only get to aim up at about a 75-80 degree angle, meaning you can't aim at a UAV that is almost directly over your head. It might be shoot-able from 100 feet in a different direction on the map but not in the location he is in.

More often than not, I get killed due to a UAV red dot chaseing noob, so I get my Ghost class, respawn, move slowly, and look for the UAV> If it's above my head, it's definitely agitating, because I can't even destroy the reason some level 5 noob got a kill on me. Then, while I am aiming in the air with my FHJ waiting for a lock-on, half the time the doggone UAV will fly away because it practically hovers above my head for so long (meaning it doesn't really move fast enough to get back within my 75-85 degree range of motion so I can aim, lock on, and blow the most overused scorestreak in COD existence to pieces.