1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 4:54 PM by Uncivilizd RSS

"Gift in Mason's State Room"

This probably has no relation to zombies,but it is in the same room with the post its that say Zombies are coming, build turbine, save whales recycle. I've been searching the campaign hoping to maybe find a new EE related to zombies, since previous campaings rewarded zombie players. I've been doing the challanges and one challange stood out. For the most part they are get so many headshots or melle kills. Then the Odysseus board has a challange called "Gift in Mason's State Room". Its a room early on the board, and like I said it has the zombie post its. The actual gift is a sheet of paper with a poem on it.

The page is layed out like this.

The Long Day Wanes: A Malayan Trilogy

Come, my friends.

'T is not too late to seek a newer world.

Push off, and sitting well in order smite

The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds

To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths

Of all the western stars, until I die.

It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;

It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,

And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Burgess 6-1

This could just be an EE for the campaign but I figured I'd post it. The Long Day Wanes is a book. The cover of the book has the same kind of painting as the bar paintings. Looks like the same artist could of done it. The poem is entitled Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson. Not sure if it is in the Wanes Book.

It just seemed important because it was next to the zombies post its. There are a lot of things on that board that seem like hints, like writings on the wall. If you google Ulysses and Black Ops, apparently some of the guys from Treyarch were tweeting about studying up on Ulysses.

• Re: "Gift in Mason's State Room"

Treyarch trolling us so hard hahaha. If there is more to the EE than 3arc has my heart for life.

If not, well, very disapointed in the map and the route they took.

Either way very nice find. Tweeting about Ullyses?  They either went crazy awesome big with this ee or trolling...