7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 7:35 AM by M4GNUM RSS

Add option to play voice chat through speakers with mic plugged in?

nintendon't

Treyarch, any chance we could possibly get this option in a future update? A lot of Xbox/PS3/PC headphones don't work properly where you can talk but you won't hear any voice chat. Having an option to play voice through the TV would solve this.

• Re: Add option to play voice chat through speakers with mic plugged in?

Why do you want to listen to 9 year olds are that you are a noob for knifing them?

Padiego

Fix wiimote, smgs and the spawns, then worry about silly issues like what the OP mentioned or DLC or anything really. Those three things are gamebreaking for me, the ADS is so damn laggy, the SMGs are so damn overpowered and the spawns are so damn broken.

Just get on Ninentendo to support USB/Bluetooth headsets. I'm not going to go out and buy a crap mic just for this game when I've already got a quality one.

I don't understand how the headsets have trouble playing voice chat sound if they're plugged in, it's a very basic connection. The voice is always piped through the gamepad since that's where the headset is connected.

You can vary whether or not the other sounds are played through the gamepad or TV (or both), which lets wiimote users play on the TV with full headset audio without losing the sensor bar, but i don't see the need for piping the voice chat through the TV unless you REALLY want to piss people off with feedback.

I haven't had trouble with any wired headset i've tested, including the wired 2.5mm xbox units, phone headsets, and a bunch of 3.5mm PC headsets.

While it would be great to get USB/bluetooth support native on the WiiU, there must be a fairly good reason why it isn't there yet. Apparently USB devices are on the horizon for implementation, but whether they are supported at a base level by the system, or on a per-game basis is yet to be seen.

While i have no problem using cheaper wired solutions when it's jacked into something next to me (at worst), i can see that some people truly hate being tethered.

BobbyMcGee

For one afterglow has a wireless headset for wii u, has for weeks now. Two, no offense but that's a terrible idea...non stop button clicking, think about it. I'm already a little irritated the audio settings were "fixed" in the last update. I liked being able to talk quietly and being heard especially since my girlfriend sleeps in the next room. Before I even saw the sticky posted tonight about what was updated I knew it was tweaked down, too many people were breathing on there damn Mic booms I guess, but at least you could just say, hey bro please pull the Mic away from your mouth a bit, no big deal. Now I often find myself getting louder than I'd like. But yeah, afterglows are around 80, have an alley who said they were very comfortable too, my cheap turtle nla's destroy my right ear after a few hours, the padding kinda sucks. So yeah maybe check out the afterglows I plan too, they are USB I would think they work on all consoles but ill double check.

I use my gamecom's, with their huge, fluffy ear cups. No ear fatigue, and they don't stick to your head like the leatherette/vinyl ones. Also, 30 bucks, why not?! They bury the "official" headsets in terms of quality.

Afterglows ONLY work for voice chat on the WiiU when turned off and plugged into the gamepad. They DO NOT work wirelessly for voice chat on the WiiU. Makes them pretty damned pointless unless you want to use them across platforms (although they also have to be wired for the 360). 80 bucks is a bit rich for a passive, wired WiiU headset.

It seems the post i was going to reply to was deleted for some reason, even though it was begnign. The only reason i can think for a 360 headset or pc headset to not work properly is if the adapter used is the wrong type. It has to be a four-pole connector, which means it needs to have three non-metallic stripes on the male end of it. If you're using a headphone splitter for a PC headset, it will not work for the mic. You need to have a PC headset to iphone adapter or similar.

Also, WTF is with this thread being moved to the cabela section of the forums?!

M4GNUM

I use the wireless afterglows and love them. I don't mind them being plugged into the gamepad if I want to chat and much prefer them over inline mic cell phone ear buds. Normally I don't chat because of all the squeakers, raging a-holes who get WAY too into the game, and people with horrible mics that aren't smart enough to turn off their tv sound. So I usually use them wirelessly through my receiver. No complaints whatsoever with this topic. Besides, it's a Nintendo issue, not a TreyArch issue.