3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 9:57 AM by nintendon't RSS

Offline Lag Comp/Broken Camera debunked

nintendon't

I know this is very loosely related to this forum but the Wii CODs don't have split screen sadly. Anyways I noticed that people have been throwing a video around the forums lately of "offline lag comp" and claiming it's the end all be all of lag. lol I even got called an idiot for questioning it.

So I dusted off my old Xbox and decided to test for myself in COD 4....low and behold "offline lag comp" and the "broken camera" are there, stance delay as well.

All the guys who called me an idiot...I love for you to explain this to me. How can the game that people consider to be the second best COD connection wise on the other consoles have this "offline lag comp"? It can't be the reason for lag but I'm all ears.

• Re: Offline Lag Comp/Broken Camera debunked

I think you just proved that it wasnt as bad in COD4 

But anyway...  I personally dont think that "Broken Camera" is anything close to the cause of the lag issue a lot of us have.   It's all around 100ms which isn't really anything like the delays I am seeing in game.

• Re: Offline Lag Comp/Broken Camera debunked
            deamonomic

you should do this test on BO and MW3 if you can

nintendon\'t wrote:

I know this is very loosely related to this forum but the Wii CODs don't have split screen sadly. Anyways I noticed that people have been throwing a video around the forums lately of "offline lag comp" and claiming it's the end all be all of lag. lol I even got called an idiot for questioning it.

So I dusted off my old Xbox and decided to test for myself in COD 4....low and behold "offline lag comp" and the "broken camera" are there, stance delay as well.

All the guys who called me an idiot...I love for you to explain this to me. How can the game that people consider to be the second best COD connection wise on the other consoles have this "offline lag comp"? It can't be the reason for lag but I'm all ears.