5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 2:25 PM by Skeets1point51 RSS

Match Making process...

Skeets1point51

Let's face it, it's awful.  I'm proposing a change that might alleviate some issues.  How many people have loaded up their XBox, clicked on a public match of their choice, only to be thrown in a game where the enemy has a Warthog, Stealth Chopper, Lodestar, Dogs, or Swarm active? I quit immediately.  Not afraid to say it.  It's crap to be honest.  There is no sense in that ever happening.

So I suggest replacing quitters with Bots.  Not the Dolphin Diving Quick Scope Sniping variety either.  Recruit bots. What does everyone think?

Also, these people that either have great T1/Fiber Optic connections, or are on another plane of existance need to play with others that are on that same level.  Tired of playing people that live in the Matrix.

• Re: Match Making process...

I think using bots as a placefholder till a human player joins the match is a great idea. Gears of War has this and it works well. But the bots should be set to Veteran difficulty because recuit bots are to easy.

You can go even further and adjusting the difficulty of the bots by the skills of the enemy players, lets say the enemy team plays in a full party of 2.5 K/D then you can make the bots difficulty higher than versus people who are new to the franchise.

Ss78_

Nice idea, not sure how they could implement it. I can already see people backing out to give the other team a players versus bot scenario for the good or the bad.

Shouldn't be that difficult, its basically already in the game (combat training). All they have to do it adding a drop in, drop out function for the bots. To avoid abusing the bots in public matches i would set the bots to Veteran.

Ss78_

Yeah but not everone is veteran level so the use of bots would have to reflect a realistic scenario. They could offer an alternative playlist with this option enabled( not combat training). At the end of the day people want to play against other people online and the use of bots should only be implemented when it's a severe problem, how to justify the problem as severe enough is questionable.

Skeets1point51

bump.  Want a moderator to respond.