1 2 3 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 3:37 AM by BCCSinCARA RSS

Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

This makes me rage so bad, when you get people who NEVER ads, just run around hipfiring at whatever moves, never lifting their sites once. To me, it just shows lack of skill, and a greed for good stats. Hipfiring feels so dirty, unless its a twitch reaction.

I tried playing tdm last night for the 1st time in a while and everyone seems to run around hipfiring ARs and LMGs - I mean really DAFUQ !!

ps I saw more bouncing betties playing TDM last night, than ive had hot dinners (and im 37) - I ended up having to run engineer. Another infuriating thing

• Test #1
          1. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

Hiprfiring is "bad" in  the sense that it is less accurate than Aiming down sights and therefore at longer ranges hipfiring is going to get you killed as opposed to ADSing.

I agree that the hipfire in this game is way to accurate and its getting nerfed soon, so we'll see how that impacts hipfiring.

I must say though, I dont hipfire that often. I really only hipfire when the guy is in very close quarters (think inside a building and we're in the same room). That makes sense too me to hipfire as ADSing will make it much harder to land bullets on my target.

I will say though, that when I use SMGS, i never run laser, I do not see the point since I ADS more than anythingm and I prefer other attachments that actually do soemthing, like extended mags or quickdraw.

I would hazard a guess at my hipfire to ADS kill ratio is something like 1:30 and everyone should be aiming for soemthing liek that (maybe a bit less though).

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 9:14 AM
          • Test #1
            2. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

Why do people always complain about stuff 1-2 games later? I was playing BO1 the other day and the hipfire there felt exactly the same as this game and the laser sight feels the same as BO1 steady aim....

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 10:28 AM
            • Test #1
              3. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

I love when people hip fire wastes their ammo, shows their position, let's me know the skill level of my opponent and gives me a nice target. The only time I ever touch the fire trigger early is the maybe half second before ads and in zombies since you move faster while hip firing. I wouldn't even say it needs to be nerfed let em stick to their strategy and ill keep mine, like it better that way.

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 11:01 AM
              • Test #1
                4. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

I'll tell what pee's ,me off more than anything other than all the broken stuff, is people running and gunning with a sniper rifle and getting absurd kills with their DA's. Its crazy that they can outgun everything else and they probably think that they're really good players too with the aim assist. People probably hipfire because they have the same game issues as me and you beast.

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 11:10 AM
                • Test #1
                  5. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

Im finding pistols more and more taking over - they destroy smgs in EVERY 1v1

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 11:14 AM
                  • Test #1
                    6. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

You might have a point Pauly - but maybe thats why its also doing my head in, as im still trying to ADS , and even with quickdraw you literally have NO chance when a guy hipfires a Scar at you - its almost as insta kill as a Remington.

Ive seen youtubers playing this way too, never touched the ADS button in their life.

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 11:17 AM
                    • Test #1
                      7. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

Yes but that game was 90% assault rifles which people didnt hipfire, and the maps were bigger.

Ive just put laser sight in my msmc now as im just needing the double kills to get gold, but other than this, I NEVER use lasersight, bar the remington, which is supposed to be hipfired.  I never hipfire ingame unless say im on a flag under smoke and I know theres someone there.

The guys I mean are the guys who just run around like they have a pistol, and spray at whatever they see with their scar or lmg. They dont even have lasersight - I just see them as talentless scrubs

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 11:21 AM
                      • Test #1
                        8. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

I know what you mean, I ads as much as possible, but its out of habit more than anything. I'm finding i'm getting some crazy kills by hipfiring with a M8A1, 1) because if it was any other game, it would never work, 2) sometimes I seem to be so way off target i'm like "wow", just "wow", how did that happen. But those DA no scoping sniper rifles at 1ft distance or right across the map just pee me off.

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 11:31 AM
                        • Test #1
                          9. Re: Can we discourage/penalise people who constantly hipfire ???

What are you talking about? People hipfired the **** out if the Famas/AUG.

Assault rifle hipfire is only good in close quarter emergencys when you don't have time to ADS. It'll get you killed most of the time.

Last Edited: Jan 20, 2013 1:53 PM
                          1 2 3 Previous Next