14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 4:01 PM by Vengfulzombie RSS

SLOW DOWN IN TOWN MAKES ME FROWN

So, every time i shoot a train of flaming zombies in Town I get animation slowdown as bad as the SNES in it's heyday (you kidz won't remember). Is this because the system can't handle the graphics data or is it connection lag? I'm on ps3 does this happen on xbox? NO CONSOLE WARS :-)

• Re: SLOW DOWN IN TOWN MAKES ME FROWN

It may sound crazy but it is because the game has "too good graphics for the system". Thats what the devs. want you to think. Its really because they are to lazy to releace a patch...

Sorry for mispelings im really tired, just woke up

The-zombies-beast wrote:

It may sound crazy but it is because the game has "too good graphics for the system". Thats what the devs. want you to think. Its really because they are to lazy to releace a patch...

You're wrong.  The game is too advanced for the system to handle effectively.  You do know a console is just a terrible PC in a box right?  Go look up the specs for a PS3 and you will see just how cheap they are.  Actually nevermind I'll do it for you because I know you wont do it.  Here:

CPU: Cell Processor

• PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
              • 1 VMX vector unit per core
              • 512KB L2 cache
              • 7 x SPE @3.2GHz
              • 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
              • 7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
              • * 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU: RSX @550MHz

• 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
              • Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
              • Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Memory:

• 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
              • 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

Wow a terrible CPU combined with horrible graphics and an embarrasing ammount of memory and you expect the game to run smooth?  LOL gtfo.  No patch in the world is going to make the game run smooth on that garbage system.  Keep feeding money to Sony though, I'm sure they appreciate it.  Meanwhile I'll be playing lag and slow down free on PC and laughing at all you console kiddies. 

Yeah I cop this all the time on 360 when I destroy a train.

They really F'd the frame rate when pounding down a train of Zombies.  Even when it's Insta-Kill and you kill and entire horde your screen gets all F'd for a bit.  They won't ever fix it though, so we just kind of have to get used to it. 

Try blowing 30 Claymores at once, you lag out for like 10 seconds then a zombie kills you :/

yes it's always in the bar, that's the worst. when it happened last night though the whole game went slow-mo and didn't speed up again...this happened once before at Diner ... it's not like connection lag where frames are skipped it was actual slow motion ...had to reboot game....no escape....is this a bug like the electric helicopter audio bug?????

Whenever this happens to me and I know zombies are close I spray n pray because even tho theres lag the games still going.

The SNES refference brought back some mems. How about NES and blowing the cartidge and every one was different. blow it hold it this way and presto mundo. I blew a lot of cartridges but never got payed! LOL

haha loved its. hold it this way and that. hahaha. MARIO KART

anyways.. yes i think this happens just more to the fact that there are so many zombies dieing at once that the console hicups over the massive amount of data it has to process. happens to me all the time on xbox.

wish i could afford to pc game.. got too expensive for me a while back.. that and the fact that i cannot stand windows.. absolutely hate that OS. im an apple person. :]

Mac all the way!

But dude, you're an Apple guy, yet have a Micro$oft console?! This is blasphemy!!

i thought that a while back, i didnt always have xbox, i traded in my wii i had with every single game i bought.. BECAUSE i bought COD:WaW for it and it DIDNT HAVE ZOMBIES!!!

ended up gettin an xbox pro, with wireless controller, and the xbox version of WaW for only $6.97!!!!!

i still have the recipt somewhere cause i thought it was hillarious.. i would always tell my friends i bought an xbox for $7 lol!

that was literally the reason i traded in and got the xbox.. i just sorta learned to live with it being a microsoft product.. my main quarrel like i said was with windows.. not necessarily microsoft as a whole.. i do hate the fact that i pay almost $10 a month! but i just bought a 12 month card for only $35 the other day.. it was a one day deal i believe on a site. so i can live with about $3 a month now. haha.