2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2013 3:39 PM by STEELERPRIDE7 RSS

Black Ops 2 Freezing

Can anyone give me any help on freezing problems? I have had Black Ops 2 for PS3 since the day it came out and have had no issues with the online multiplayer, until Saturday night when my game began freezing up on the load screen for a game or once the game started. It would happen every other game causing me to have to restart the system and it has been doing it ever since. I have tried downloading the graphics from the options bar, still freezes, I dont scroll over peoples gamer tags before a game starts and it still freezes. Im not having any trouble out of any other games. Is this a problem with my PS3 or is it something that needs to be fixed from activision/treyarch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Black Ops 2 Freezing

i have had freezing to bud your not alone on this others have to might suggest you avoid playing till the next patch which will be 1.05

• Re: Black Ops 2 Freezing

Ever since they did their scheduled "maintenance" last Thursday and Friday, I have encountered the lovely brand new problem of being disconnected from the psn during games, while checking stats, and even while editing my emblem. 

Monday night I got booted out about 5 times over the course of 5 hours. 

Tuesday night I got booted out about 8 times over a 6 hour period. 

Wednesday night is when they decided to ramp it up and it happened about 30 times in a 4 hour period (emblem editor about 5 times, while loading up the game it signed me out before getting to the main menu screen, right after matches ended causing me to lose all xp, lots of connection interrupted notices during the game, yadda, yadda).

I was able to play one, maybe two matches, if I was lucky, and then it would log me out of the psn or say that "black ops 2 servers are unavailable".  Every time this happened, I was not able to log back into the psn without a complete system restart.  It obviously got too frustrating and I decided to throw in the towel.

I played the night before "maintenance" for like 10 hours and had no freeze issues or involuntary log outs.  None.  Lag issues?  Yes.  I was trying just to deal with the well known issues and enjoy it for what it currently was while waiting for the next patch.  To think that an additional problem would be added to the bitter tasting soup that is black ops 2 was in my wildest dreams. 

Moral of the story:  Dream big kiddos.  Dream big and yours too may come true. 

I'm guessing/hoping we will get a patch before 2XP weekend?  LOL!

"Put hope in one hand and bullcrap in the other and see which one fills up faster."

And just to keep the vibe alive.... 

I have EMP grenades setup in all 10 of my classes and I don't think it's OP.  It needs a buff!